Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Associate
84283770-2746270992075059-2837044968109899776-n.jpg

Soldato
I assume by admitting he is homosexual he probably has slept with a man?

Excuse my naivety but could you be sure you are without doing the deed?

If so its quite an odd situation. If he has had relations with a man he has come out on top 'no pun intended'.

However if he had had relations with another woman it would be being portrayed rather differently.

This only came to mind as they were talking on the radio that he may have timed it so it is out in the open before it is exposed by somebody else.

Who knows. To be honest people being gay isn't a big deal nowadays.

Have you ever been attracted to a woman before you’ve slept with them?

Associate
Have you ever been attracted to a woman before you’ve slept with them?

Absolutely, but I don't have the answer as I am not homosexual.

Like I said excuse my naivety. Do you know you will enjoy an intimate relationship with somebody of the same sex after living as a heterosexual for at least 27 years?

Its a question not a statement.

Caporegime
OP
When sexuality and faithfulness is taken out of the situation we are just left with a person who realises he has married the wrong person and stayed with them for many years knowing it. There are many, many, many people who do that every day, often staying together for the sake of their children. So I don't see why his case is any different, or why it deserves so much attention.

The gravity of a given story scales with how well known someone is, as the more well known they are the more money the media make from the story.

If I for example came out as gay, it might make a Facebook wall and end there.

Whereas Schofield is known by every middle-aged woman and 80s child in the land.

Associate
Absolutely, but I don't have the answer as I am not homosexual.

Like I said excuse my naivety. Do you know you will enjoy an intimate relationship with somebody of the same sex after living as a heterosexual for at least 27 years?

Its a question not a statement.

Well to flip it, how do you know you're heterosexual if you haven't tried it with the same sex?

Nonsense question.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Indeed it is a nonsense question.

Never driven a Ferrarri before, but I know I would like it. You don't have to sample the goods to know if you will like it or not.

Quite.

What I've learnt from this thread is there are a lot of seemingly heterosexual people on this forum that do t understand thier own sexuality, let alone others.

The fact that most posters here seem to conflate sexual attraction with love and/or marriage says it all really.

Caporegime
Quite.

What I've learnt from this thread is there are a lot of seemingly heterosexual people on this forum that do t understand thier own sexuality, let alone others.

The fact that most posters here seem to conflate sexual attraction with love and/or marriage says it all really.
How many people do you think get married to people they aren't sexually attracted to?

Caporegime
How many people do you think get married to people they aren't sexually attracted to?

Marriage is dumb anyway, it should return to the quid pro quo dealies of the olden days where it was mostly about estates, titles and land. In modern terms I suppose it would just be investments, assets and debt.

Love is an entirely rare thing, sharing responsibility isn't and divorce should be extremely painful rather than a weapon of the person who's fed up.

Soldato
The way things are going in the not too distant future, celebs will come out the closet and admit they are straight :p

Well, we have already run the gamut of

"I was abused as a child"

"I was abused during my early career"

"My Mommy/Daddy didn't love me"

"I am really Gay"

Next it will be

"I am straight, Married, and our children are our own"

:p

As for Schofield, Well, he was always a bit of a pretty boy wasn't he? so no surprises here really.

I am just sorry for his Wife and family. They are all in an impossible position really. They have to say how wonderful and brave he is and totally lump how they might actually feel because in the twitterverse, no other reaction is permitable!

:(

Caporegime
Well, we have already run the gamut of

"I was abused as a child"

"I was abused during my early career"

"My Mommy/Daddy didn't love me"

"I am really Gay"

Next it will be

"I am straight, Married, and our children are our own"

:p

As for Schofield, Well, he was always a bit of a pretty boy wasn't he? so no surprises here really.

I am just sorry for his Wife and family. They are all in an impossible position really. They have to say how wonderful and brave he is and totally lump how they might actually feel because in the twitterverse, no other reaction is permitable!

:(

The world doesn't revolve around twitter, that's your own fault if you believe that, I can happily live without it contorting my life. Why is always such a negative thing with some people, it has to be an offence of some sort, maybe... just maybe, the wife and kids are fine with it?

What a ******* world that would be when people stop being so cynical.

Back
Top Bottom