Winter 2019/2020

Soldato
wind has definitely picked up and 78mph now forecast ,i think its helping the wind is blowing past the house down the valley rather than at it ,got hedges and no fences to worry about and need a new shed anyway if that disintegrates

Soldato
Lots of dead wood fallen out of the trees here, but they are weathering it well without their leaves.

I did laugh to myself when I heard a family with a small kid walking through a park that has loads of trees. People really are morons. Sure, nothing will ever happen to you.

Always look up when walking through the woods after a storm as there will be a bunch of “hangers” sitting up on the stronger branches waiting for the next good gust to fetch them down.

Soldato
Neighbour has lost his Monkey puzzle tree and a fence panel.

Our jerry built 1972 bungalow is leaking like a sieve - There are no lintels above the windows and after three window changes the damp membrane above windows is a bit trashed so water is being blown through onto the inside and running out top of window frame. - Thank god for giant sized car cleaning towels.

It can't be too bad as the electric hasn't flickered yet.

Man of Honour
OP
Getting tons of rain coming down now - we were supposed to be on the edge of it so if this is the edge of it I hate to think how much some are getting.

Man of Honour
OP
Can hear someone cutting up a probably fallen tree somewhere nearby but can't see it - well that is the only reason we can imagine someone is going nuts with a chainsaw in this weather :s

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The Ribble Valley is pretty much under water at the moment. My street is feeling like an island right now as most roads around it are now closed.

Even my local is under water:

Tt43W3W.jpg

I imagine it's a lot lot worse further up in Yorkshire. Seen videos of things floating down main roads etc on social media htis morning.

Man of Honour
OP
Nothing like that here - we had some intense rain but it didn't last that long.

My Gazbo in my garden is still in one piece so far and haven't blow away yet :)

I should have taken the cover off it yesterday but I forgot :o

~40% of the roof of ours has gone - half of that has ended up on the neighbours lawn some distance away.

Back
Top Bottom