Doom Eternal

Heeey :D

There is an nice montage during the credits, your love it.

DOOM-2020-03-22%2023.48.37.jpg

Soldato
Completed it last night

*Not a fan of the new gameplay loop, forcing you to do chainsaw/burn/glory to get stuff together with the lack of ammo capacity forces you to use use different weapons and not the ones you prefer (some might think this is a good thing)
*Some BS level design, a game all about speed yet theirs levels with the purple goop where you can only walk (no dash, run or jumping)
*some of encounters are BS to, a corridor with Barons and the shield dudes and nowhere to go
*To many platforming bits, far to many
*Story and pacing was not as good as well (minor ish thing)
*Really hate the UI design epilepsy on the menu's

For this I much prefer 2016 than being said

*Great tech, lovely looking ultra nightmare details and i still get 95+fps @3440x1440
*For all the BS fights there was brilliant ones, the final boss and the encounters running up to it where some of the most intense I've playied in a long time

I just got the feeling they where trying to hard

Soldato
Thought I was playing on "Hurt Me Plenty", turns out I'm on "Ultra-Violence".
I feel like I would have more fun on hurt me plenty, finding it quite stressful, but I don't want to give up now.

Just finished the Super Gore Nest level and these slayer gates are giving me a run for my money, reflexes definately aren't what they used to.
That rune that slows down time is a massive life safer.

Can't say I mind the platforming tbh, find it's a nice break from the combat, but I wouldn't mourn if they removed it if they did another sequal.

Soldato
I think I'm definitely waiting a while and buying it when the price drops a chunk. Just playing through Doom 2016 right now and loving it - already looking forward to another play through and finding all the hidden stuff. And it cost $5 on Steam.

Soldato
So I started playing this, as an old school Quakeworld player, I was always gonna play this so I bought it..... but.... I'm just bored with it after a few hours.

I'm about halfway through, and at first I found it very good - the gore, damage modelling and the hellish apocalyptic feel of it was great, the graphics are great, music is great, it runs great etc, but I just feel like I've run out of interest with it.

Most of the encounters feel the same - walk into a room, destroy all the enemies, go the next room, destroy all the enemies, go the next room, destroy all the enemies, on and on, with no real variation, so on and so forth - it just doesn't hold my attention anymore.

I feel like, in 2020 with games like Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, the Witcher and stuff - it has to do more than just be a repetitive gore fest, and I say this as a long time fan of these types of shooters, but for me... It needs to do more.

Soldato
The platforming isn't particularly hard tbh, a couple of times I found it a tad frustrating but for the most part it's all fairly simple. Everything else is bags of fun.

Associate
Just finished it myself. Not really getting the 90+ scores for it but had a fun time nonetheless.

Some of the platform bits are a bit repetitive but then so are the demon arenas. I'd give it a solid 8 or 8.5/10 at a push!

Soldato
I've watched a few videos and it's really not for me. For me the charm and fun of the original Doom and Doom 2 was getting the monsters to fight each other, which massively helped many boss fights, and it's very apparent that you can't do that, so I'm out.

Oh yes, I'm not a fan of platforming either.

Back
Top Bottom