Streets of Rage 4

Associate
How do you spend points on unlocks, ive looked on the main menu in options but cant see anything.

Also any tips on the boss twins fight me and a friend cant seem to get past this one on stage 11 or 12 cos of the mecha bit.

Your points just accrue over time as a lifetime score, with characters unlocking at different milestones. I think they started to unlock at 250k then every 100k or so after that. When you get a high rank it gives you a hefty one time bonus though, I've got a couple of S ranks on the early levels and they gave me tonnes of points.

Make sure you take down Mr Y first as his ranged attacks are a pain to deal with, that way he jumps into the mech first. We found that when sticking right at the top of the screen the mech can rarely hit you as the swipe attacks seem to target the lower portion of the screen. You just might have to be wary of the big telegraphed footslam attacks on occasion.

Then it's just a case of baiting Ms Y into the corner and whittling her down. The mech is actually very easy to kill when doing this, so you can quite easily kill it before Ms Y if you want, or better, get both life pools very low ready to kill close together.

As soon as one twins is dead the Mech uses a different move set. I've found staying mid way down the side of the screen is now best as it's swipe attack is now in an X pattern, it covers most of the screen including the corners. There is a safe spot right in front off the boss, but you have to be careful of a big barrage attack that can happen. It still does big telegraphed stomp attacks that are easily avoided, one of which does several stomps in a vertical line on one side of the arena, the legs on the other side are wide open for big combos at this point, you can kill it very quickly if you are brave enough to use your special moves.

The whole fight just needs you to be patient and wait for openings.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Downloaded this on the Switch yesterday, been playing with my daughter. Remember playing the original Streets of Rage 2 on the Megadrive with my brother back in the '90's. Really brings back memories, love it.

Soldato
So I'm still trying to beat this game on Normal using Blaze. I think I've managed to fight my way to stage 9 at the moment but each time I'm failing on the boss.

I'm also loving Arcade mode but I'm sad I don't seem to ever get on any kind of leaderboard. I'm not sure if it requires you to beat the game completely to be placed on the leaderboard but I wish it wasn't the case as I'll most likely never complete Arcade mode. I'd love it to register the score we got and simply just state which stage we got to before we failed. Another thing, didn't the previous games have atleast 2 continues? This game doesn't have any :(.

I'm not good at this game by any means but I feel Normal is a little more like Hard.

Caporegime
Played this via the Xbox app so has the usual achievements, just finished 1000/1000 by getting the 5 million score. That's multiple play throughs with various characters and by far the best for me is SOR1 Axel.

Completed on Mania/Manic with mostly S and a few A/Bs (Chinatown is ridiculously hard). Really enjoyed it but doubt I'll ever pick it up again, perfect sort of game to be on Game Pass!

Soldato
Played this via the Xbox app so has the usual achievements, just finished 1000/1000 by getting the 5 million score. That's multiple play throughs with various characters and by far the best for me is SOR1 Axel.

Completed on Mania/Manic with mostly S and a few A/Bs (Chinatown is ridiculously hard). Really enjoyed it but doubt I'll ever pick it up again, perfect sort of game to be on Game Pass!

Damn man :o do you play a lot of fighting games?

Soldato
Been enjoying this on gamepass, love the throwbacks to the original 3 games. Feels and plays like the originals and the soundtrack is still as good as ever, some parts are hard as nails though!

Soldato
I don't own a console.

Xbox pass is on pc, have you never heard of it? There is 100's of games including streets of rage 4 and you can get it for £1 a month.

Not for PC. I just had a quick look, 190 games. Not bad if you like many of the games on offer. I'd prefer to own SoR on Steam personally, but will wait until it's under £10

Soldato
Not for PC. I just had a quick look, 190 games. Not bad if you like many of the games on offer. I'd prefer to own SoR on Steam personally, but will wait until it's under £10

Well if you haven't ever used the xbox app I would go the the link below install the app, sign up for £1 then cancel the subscription,
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-app

All the new microsoft games are on there from release day, it has all the top micrsoft games like gears of war, forza horizon etc..

It's only £1 and you can play streets of rage for a month while you wait for price of steam version to come down.

Soldato
OP

Steam is the best version, the other versions are missing features and many people can't even get the Game Pass version to run. Hopefully is this fixed now?

Soldato
Steam is the best version, the other versions are missing features and many people can't even get the Game Pass version to run. Hopefully is this fixed now?

I just went and checked, my game pass version now boots, it took a while and I had to click on a message, but yeah it worked first time.

On release day it wasnt working so I bought steam version, it's a game I wanted in my collection anyway.

Permabanned
I been playing it but I'm stuck already lol it doesn't seem to want to go past the train on level 1, I am stuck inside it and it won't go to the next stage. Anyone know how I get past it?

r3YQdGb.png

EDIT: never mind lol it's a combo button press. I done it.

Back
Top Bottom