Generation Zero

Soldato
I've revisted this and am actually enjoying playing it which given my experience last time (see post #99) is surprising. It's not perfect but it is much better, they have added a balancing mode so the robots are no longer impossible to take out if you're playing solo, and doors and loot are easire to navigate and they have added a level of crafting to the game. It will be frustrating if you're expecting to wade in and deal death to all around you, I don't think it was ever meant to be that type of game, you need to pick your battles taking into consideration the enemies present, the possibility of enemy reinforcements, your ammo and healing supplies. If like me you haven't played it for a year it is worth giving it another go.

Soldato
I am now having to go to outside locations where I can't use my usual tactic of hide in a house and spam all the robots until they're dead and the lack of hidey holes means I am getting my backside handed to me regularly and have to hoof it from the nearest spawn point back again which is getting frustrating, I guess it's time to see if I can put the diversions and exploding canisters to good use.

Does anyone know if the crafting table for the bulletproof jacket adds another point of resistance to your existing jacket or just crafts you a new jacket?

Associate
Played this with some mates and it's an absolute blast, there were so many great moments like fireworks, ghetto blasters and dancing :) All while we took on an army of mechs! Recommend if you have a 3 mates to play with, not sure i'd enjoy the solo aspect, we were not playing stealthy either.

Soldato
I only play single player and it's been rock solid for me, not one crash (a few rage quits though :p), maybe if you both try single payer for a while to see if one of you crashes, then you'll know where to focus. You could try checking windows event viewer to see if there is anything useful, as always make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Soldato
Just nearly **** myself. Was just out running to a side mission when I was set up on by two Hunters and about five Runners. Luckily there was a house nearby so I dodged in there, closed all the doors and cleared both floors. Engaged the enemy outside and dropped one Hunter and a couple of Runners with some nice shooting. Turned around to run to the kitchen, and there it was - a ******* Runner just standing in the living room. BLAM! Dead! Now notice I made a point of mentioning I closed all the doors? Well, they were all still closed!

Soldato
Talking about **** myself, walking around at night and you get those ghostly cries and howling. I walked up to a wooden hut and the light outside blew out and the door creaked open by itself.

Soldato
I'm still a beginner at this and mostly doing it solo - although annoyingly I had my first crash his morning - the screen froze and I got some message about a device being removed and an infinite loop involving my graphics hardware/driver!?!? (crashed to Windows which was fine so I'm assuming it was a software/game issue rater than my GPU suffering some sort of terminal fault!

My Steam ID is stevep94

Soldato
OK, now this is getting annoying with my 2nd crash in 2 days! :mad:

I get a message saying "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" - definitely got my up to date GPU drivers and this error doesn't pop up on any other game!

Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
I'm still a beginner at this and mostly doing it solo - although annoyingly I had my first crash his morning - the screen froze and I got some message about a device being removed and an infinite loop involving my graphics hardware/driver!?!? (crashed to Windows which was fine so I'm assuming it was a software/game issue rater than my GPU suffering some sort of terminal fault!

My Steam ID is stevep94

r1p3MS7.png

Back
Top Bottom