Generation Zero

Man of Honour
Why the **** do they always use controllers in the videos for these games? It makes the movement and looking around seem off. It's a PC game, use a ******* keyboard and mouse!

They do it because it is generally a better way to show off the game. Smooth movement is better than erratic movements you get with a mouse. You can see that the player is purposefully panning around the scene as one would in a movie, nothing like normal gameplay. Try doing that with a keyboard and mouse, and you'll realise why they use controllers.

:Edit: I do agree that in a game where movement is one of the primary mechanics, such as Doom, showing gameplay with a mouse is a must. Ideally every game would show both control methods.

Soldato
No thanks - There wasn't enough overall content to keep me going - Played beta for like 3 hours and it was literally - shoot robots, grab stuff, move on, shoot more robots, grab stuff, move on, rinse repeat.

Beautiful looking game, stunning overall look, but was severely lacking in content to entice me to cough up £30 for it.

Soldato
No thanks - There wasn't enough overall content to keep me going - Played beta for like 3 hours and it was literally - shoot robots, grab stuff, move on, shoot more robots, grab stuff, move on, rinse repeat.

Beautiful looking game, stunning overall look, but was severely lacking in content to entice me to cough up £30 for it.

I got it on CD Keys for £21.99 probably worth it at that but no more...I liked the atmospheric feeling. If i get five hours out of it it's paid for itself.

Soldato
Disappointed with this it plays like a bunch of school kids were given a sandbox out of The Hunter, a few cookie cutter buildings, and a couple of weeks to come up with something playable. Combat is ridiculous with robots breaking the sound barrier to zoom access the screen and one hit kill you with no chance of you retaliating but then hey so what you just hit enter to get up shoot them point blank and rinse / repeat until you've got rid of them all. Interaction with the world is really bad you have to be in a predetermined box before you can open doors or stashes which is a pain in the **** when you want to open a door to get out of the way of incoming enemy fire and the door won't open until you step back a couple of paces and wait for the game to register that you are in a door opening zone by which time you're dead meat. I thought Avalanche would at least put something reasonable out there that would be worth my money but sadly I would have been better off ******* it up the wall.

Soldato
I agree the game is super disappointing :eek:

Worth about a tenner no more. Gfx are pretty dated now but the game is so tough & clearly built as a 4 player co-op experience. Solo is very hard & the robots are way too aggressive & way too many instant deaths from them. Also controls are appalling. Mouse wheel needs changing so you can scroll weapons. Inventory is also poor. Overall its just nothing more than average & a very mediocre effort from the usually solid Avalanche :(

Back
Top Bottom