The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
With all the pro racing going on Zwift currently, I would hope to see improved drafting physics etc and improvements in the racing dynamics to make it more reflective of the real world, be interesting to see the Zwift roadmap for improvements over the next 6 months.

Not going to happen.

Zwift first need to determine if they ARE trying to simulate outdoor racing or if this is their own "thing".
On the flipside of the ridiculous drafting which allows people who aren't strong enough to remain in a pack of strong riders... you have race organisers utilising double draft all the time. That's what is ridiculous. If you manage to find a race with normal draft and not double draft you will see it's actually a million times better. Breakaways can actually happen and the front bunch is whittled down to a genuine number rather quickly.
So a good first step would be all organisers of decent races making it normal draft and stopping so much double draft. But none of them do. which indicates the majority are the opposite to us and actually like/want these silly draft mechanics in the game.

Take note that right now the game is riddled with zPower cheats. They are wrecking the game and everyone is complaining about it. Zwift are openly doing nothing because they don't care. They have a massive boost in numbers on their platform. They're not going to do anything to stop them being on there and ruining it for everyone else.
Meanwhile, they are developing and fiddling around with a stupid "boost mode" where you charge up boost and can use it in races to boost yourself. That's the **** they are doing instead of stopping cheating or worrying about racing.

Soldato
Zwift is like any other game platform that lends itself to eSports. People playing competitively constantly get frustrated at the broken game model/physics but they make up such a tiny percentage of the user base that the devs just ignore it until those players quit and get replaced.

Soldato
Any online form of racing/competing with have people taking advantage of it......to just straight up cheating.

I'm 'competing' (very loose sense of the word) in the Ironman Virtual series. Every weekend they set a distance target for 2 runs and a ride (as we obviously can't swim at the moment). The runs are no problem, as people have to go outside to do those (or even on a treadmill it's reasonably realistic in terms of speed/effort).

The rides though......jesus! I try not to look each week, but I can't help it. When you see people barely able to run a sub 90 half marathon, putting in world record 90k times etc.....you have to laugh. Most put their rides openly on Strava too, so you can see the complete ridiculousness of someone riding at 30+mph at <100W. One guy, for the 20k ride, started at the top of the Alpe de Zwift then blasted down it! I mean come on!!

Soldato
I might have to finally sign up for Zwift :p

Not touched the turbo in last 10 days or so. Mostly been trying out Rouvy and RGT and was going to give Sufferfest a go too.

Associate
Has anyone had issues where Zwift doesn't recognise that you've completed a group ride? I did one of the Tour of All rides yesterday and although it's synced to Strava with the appropriate description (and showed the usual finish screen on Zwift), Zwift doesn't see that I completed the ride - it just shows up with the date as the ride title in Companion, and I haven't received the usual completion email. I'm wondering if it's because I carried on riding for a quarter of an hour or so after the event finished.

Soldato
My club did a virtual team time trial on Zwift tonight. 3 laps of Fan Flats in Richmond with each team having it's own meet-up. Was tons of fun, even if my team lost by about 40 seconds. A good workout if nothing else!

Back
Top Bottom