The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
OP
So totally tempted to merge this back into the main thread just for drama :p

What kind of time of night do ppl Zwift? I normally prefer to do my turboing straight after work but if there's a big group thing I might join one night.

Haha DRAMA!

I do it at mixed times, often will depend when a race is. Tonight I did 8:30 which didn't leave me enough time to eat dinner first and settle, so I had a pizza for lunch :D Got me through.
Monday night I did it at 11:30pm as that's the only time I had... I like to try and get some dinner in me, have an hour, then get an hour in, if I can.

Soldato
OP
EVR Cat C was decent. Was pushing tonight, unlike last night. Averaged about 265W and HR was averaging 167, so was going some.
There was a group of 8 riders that shot off at the beginning and I couldn't touch them. But yet again, I was too quick for the group behind, so ended up sat in the middle between 2 packs. In the end the front 8 were about 1min30 ahead of me (I think?) and the group behind me were 1 min behind me. Closest person was 8 secs ahead, who sprinted the finish and I didn't fancy the chase ha

I am hoping I get a top 10, but we will see as the results come in. Quite pleased either way, I thought I'd get smashed.

Soldato
OP
Go to the mobile link Zwift app, press the event tile, pick an event, click the +.

When you load Zwift on your computer, ride as normal and when you are in, you'll see a "Join Event" button bottom left. Click it when you're ready before the event, and you'll get put at a start line on a trainer, so you can spin it out a bit warming up until the race starts and then you're off. Easy.

Soldato
OP
You can create a race series... I, and many others, use www.zwiftpower.com to see the races/ results. There is a calendar that powers/ feeds this and I have access to add stuff, but if you want it to be a proper event module driven event (where it auto turns, has a start and finish/ leaderboard etc.) you can email [email protected] and he'll take all your details and get it setup for you.

Would be sweet to do an OCUK Social or something, once a week? You can just have a ~2.5w/kg limit on it (doesn't actually limit anything, just sets people's expectation.

Soldato
OP
FFS I've been bumped down to 6th! Those top three were pushing way more than 3.19w/kg the entire thing. Some sort of witchcraft going on there man... They were pushed to B and now back in C...

Whatever, I enjoyed my minor small time in 3rd place. Hmmph.

Soldato
OP
Well I'm full on rested up for today. WFH and will be having a nice big old pizza tonight in front of the TV after I've sorted out the basement so it's live stream ready.
Did only 20km yesterday, nice and easy. Done 150km for the week, but it was a fairly easy week.
All fuel ready as well, and many bottles will be on hand full of HIGH5s to get me through and I'll be shouting to the wife to load me back up.
Endura stuff arrived too, I got 2 sets of Pro SL bib shorts and they're so nice. I also got a set of cheaper ones, which are still really nice fit, just a little less amazing than the Pro SLs.

I've not heard back from Charlie, so I'll just start at 12pm CET tomorrow with #24hrRide4AVN in my name from the start line on the sea front. You should see me about if you're on there at any time tomorrow or Sunday morning :p

I've just tipped over 2k raised too: https://www.gofundme.com/24hr-zwift-ride-for-avn-charity

Stream will be available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRirbsInKM

Soldato
OP
Thanks man, I can only applaud FT even more now for his efforts. That was so so hard. After I got over the 8-9hr lactic acid seizing on my quads I soldiered on but was struggling to properly fuel myself continuously. I hit 11 and that hour was never ending. My body was just pure exhausted. I can't even begin to tell you how much I just felt empty. Felt utterly sick. Glad I did it and was able to still raise money and awareness. Obviously disappointed I didn't get further but regardless it was a monster. Annoyingly I'm 9km off 500km for the week... might have to do a quick lap if I can bare it on my arse.

Soldato
OP
Yea, ass is a bit sore, not *too* bad, but I'm feeling it. It was in pain Sunday mind. The wife and I want to do it again, we're going to do another one in the new year, maybe a 12hr ride again. See how we do on that one and then yea, work up from that point.

I didn't get on the trainer last night, thought the commute was enough, but I'll get on there tonight for a bit. Legs are feeling a bit tight but surprisingly good.

On the trainer front, now that I've managed to repair my TdF Vortex, I've got at home: My fully working TdF Vortex, a fully broken (both electronics & brake roller gone) TdF brake unit and a new Vortex brake unit they sent me (They didn't realise I took mine apart and spent time fixing it). Which means with the addition of this, which I've just bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282133890910 I should have a full brand new Vortex, in box.

Which is handy, as the shop I bought the Flux from is saying they are having "stock issues" which I think is them trying to back out of the price they sold it to me at, but I am saying I can wait... cheeky. I've gone back asking for a rough delivery date, and said they could send me a Neo as a goodwill gesture. :p Worth a punt, as is them asking me if I want to cancel my order!

Soldato
OP
I find the Cat C has a massive variety in it. You seem to have stupidly fast people that just break away from the office and get miles away and then sit on the pedals a bit which evens out the average. That's what it feels like anyway, as I have no idea how they get the breaks and hold them when you look at the power.

I was considering joining, but I also went for a resty Zwift figure of 8... until I felt really good, and smashed it. Wasn't bad at all! Upped my FTP to 271w and weight is dropping, too, now down to 89 metric tons (kgs), so it's all good. Hammered every 30day PR on the sprints, aside from the bridge too. Thought I'd feel awful, but feeling really quite good!

https://www.strava.com/activities/782788625

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom