1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Discussion in 'Pedal Powered' started by randomshenans, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

My kickr has been dispatched by sigma.

It's going to be delivered tomorrow.

I bought the same cassette as my bike to go on it. The wife has a different number of teeth on hers. Do I need to change cassette when changing bikes?

I know it comes with a cassette but thought it was best to get the same as my bike to match the same experience.

2. AKAK

Gangster

It depends how big the difference is but it should work. May need to adjust the B-tension on the mech to make space for a bigger cog. Is there no way she could fit on your bike with the seat down?

3. UTmaniac

Soldato

Depends on range of the cassette you are about to put on the new turbo and whether your wife's rear mech is short (SS) or medium (GS), if it has Shimano components.

Officially, SS mechs support up to and including 28T biggest sprokets, while GS mechs support at least 32T (some newer road ones support 34T and beyond).

However, there are many reports of people exceeding the official max size sprocket, by playing with the b-tension screw.

4. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

i'm 6 foot 1 and she's like average woman height which is manlet size. her legs would struggle i think and my saddle is already pretty low already. it's only a few inches off the bottom however i believe it's leg inseam size that matter so it's something i might try.

DRIVETRAIN
    Rear Derailleur
    Shimano Deore XT M8000 GS
    Front Derailleur
    Shimano SLX M7020
    Shift Lever
    Shimano SLX M7000 2/3s
    Shift Lever
    Shimano SLX M7000 11s
    Cassette
    Shimano SLX M7000 11-42 11s
    Crank
    Shimano MT600 36/26
    Bottom bracket
    Shimano BSA BB52
    Chain
    KMC X11-93

that is her setup

and the cassette i'm going to put onto the kickr is a

FREEWHEEL Sunrace CSMS8
    • 11-42 teeth
    • 11 speed

and the cassette i'm going to put onto my bike to replace the above is a

Shimano Deore XT CS-M8000

11 speed 11-42t

it looks like all of ours match which seems like a great coincidence - so there should be no issues right? i thought she bought a bike with less teeth but looks like it's the same.

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Has anyone used Rouvy? I'd never even heard of it until someone mentioned it on RGT's Facebook group. Looks interesting, using almost AR with lots of different video routes to cycle along.

6. Lethal`

Mobster

Yeah. I must have done a fair few rides on it. It has its bugs but is interesting enough to trial. Back at the start of Italy's lockdown they had a 30 day trial going. Not sure about now.

I did some Swiss climb, a virtual Wiggle Hell of Hexham sportive (got the KOM so "won" it :D), a virtual Valley of the Tears (not quite as bad as the real thing but still rough) and a few other little rides. The workout app is absolutely terrible.

7. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Okay, cool. They appear to have 14 days of premium for free at the moment. Does it sync to Strava? I can't find an option to link them.

8. randomshenans

Capodecina

As the above was a proper mess I'd been meaning to sort for ages, such as:
    [​IMG]

Had a proper tidy up and made space for the 4th trainer setup... just need the donated 42" to arrive and I'm going to look out for a couple of cheap 32" TVs and apple tv for the kids to run on! Much happier with how it is down there now. Need to get some more flooring still and going to do a proper cable tidy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lethal`

Mobster

It does but tbh I just downloaded the FIT files and dumped them in Strava. I didn't want all the small test rides dropping onto Strava. There were a few issues with that download fit button on their site too.

10. Berger

Capodecina

Nice, I like the lower half of the garage being painted darker.

I did an hour on zwift today. Some crazy gusty wind so wasn’t going out, maybe tomorrow.

11. mrthingyx

Man of Honour

I never go out. :cool:

12. SPG

Soldato

I had a long ride planned outside today but the wind put me off, so got RGT working, its actually very very good, so good i am going to cancel my Zwift for it.

13. randomshenans

Capodecina

Did alp today. Was slow but hey, I did it. 220 km this week and 4 HIIT workouts. Legs done! :D