*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
If anyone is looking for one of these but struggling with the stock, I have it from 2 very reliable sources that there is a huge quantity being shipped to the UK from China currently. They should be here in the next 1-2 weeks to distribution. This stock is apparently 4-5x more than previous regular shipments due to the shortages and demand currently. So hopefully the prices may come down a little and turn the tables on the hawkes on ebay that have been grabbing stock and inflating the prices.

Man of Honour
Have you tried playing a game that relies on it, such as Celeste?

For normal platformers it’s not a problem but for games that require precision diagonal inputs it’s next to useless.
Funny you mention that, I used the dpad exclusively for Celeste save for the bits where you had to ‘control a fireball’ which to me required the joystick. I always opt for the dpad on all games... except shooters. I remember that bit on Celeste and thinking it was impossible with the dpad!

The pro controller is my favourite of the current gen, then PS4 then Xbox.

Caporegime
Got my pro controller working - phew

Kinda a noob error - looks like the battery was flat :D

I had left it plugged into a USB cable I leave plugged in to the dock - and typically I alternate controllers, so leave one plugged in and use the other till its flat and rotate. But looks like that cable came loose/unplugged from the dock and I hadn't realised

So it being "dead" was just flat from not actually being on charge :D

Plugged it into a powerbank just to see - lit up instantly and charge light came on

Thank god :o - it is my special edition Smash Bros one as well. I'd be gutted if that died

Man of Honour
Funny you mention that, I used the dpad exclusively for Celeste save for the bits where you had to ‘control a fireball’ which to me required the joystick. I always opt for the dpad on all games... except shooters. I remember that bit on Celeste and thinking it was impossible with the dpad!

The pro controller is my favourite of the current gen, then PS4 then Xbox.

How far through the post game content did you get with Celeste? That's where the game really needs diagonals to be perfect and I had to use an 8bitdo for its decent dpad for the post game content.

Current gen controllers annoy me. I wish they all had 4 paddles from the XBox Elite controller, the dpad from the PS4, and motion like the Switch (FPS games without it are horrible to play now). None of the controllers have everything :(

Man of Honour
How far through the post game content did you get with Celeste? That's where the game really needs diagonals to be perfect and I had to use an 8bitdo for its decent dpad for the post game content.

Current gen controllers annoy me. I wish they all had 4 paddles from the XBox Elite controller, the dpad from the PS4, and motion like the Switch (FPS games without it are horrible to play now). None of the controllers have everything :(
I don’t recall trying - I’ll have to revisit it :)

edit - oh I’m playing Symphony of the Night at the moment, definitely not difficult but very fun in the usual Metroidvania way, just mention it because you like those sorts of games. Wonderful, wonderful graphics and soundtrack.

Soldato
Hi all, my daughter is getting the bug to play games a little which is nice but more complex games are a bit challenging for her right now and she gets frustrated dying in games.

Is there a nice looking, open world type exploration game which isn't too complex which she can enjoy? Thinking Nintendo made game as they are pretty pleasing on the eye but open to suggestions.

She's playing Minecraft at the moment (on an iPad) and seems to be enjoying that but wants to get her hands on the switch and most games I have just frustrate her or she is unable to pick it up.

Cheers.

Edit: quick ninja edit, she's 6.

Soldato
Abzu would be worth a look. No combat. No health bars. No real objective. Just swim around the ocean, explore, and interact with stuff you find.

Soldato
Hi all, my daughter is getting the bug to play games a little which is nice but more complex games are a bit challenging for her right now and she gets frustrated dying in games.

Is there a nice looking, open world type exploration game which isn't too complex which she can enjoy? Thinking Nintendo made game as they are pretty pleasing on the eye but open to suggestions.

She's playing Minecraft at the moment (on an iPad) and seems to be enjoying that but wants to get her hands on the switch and most games I have just frustrate her or she is unable to pick it up.

Cheers.

My son enjoyed Yoshi Craft World!

Soldato

Cheers.

Animal Crossing? Open world, cartoony and fun.

Soldato
Check out Stock Informer. They will email you if a decent amount of stock arrives anywhere, albeit you often got to be pretty quick.

As an aside, Nintendo has done a Nintendo, and dropped a trailer for a brand new Paper Mario out of no where... AND IT'S DUE IN JULY!!

Let's hope we get a few more short notice release reveals to resolve the relatively dry release schedule this year!

Back
Top Bottom