Epic Games Store now open!

Caporegime
OP
Kudos to Epic and Ubisoft for giving away AC Syndicate. Doubt I would have ever picked it up but it's a damn good play. Probably my third favourite now after the two mythology ones.

Soldato
The problem with game pass games is they don't install like a normal game. Normally performance is slightly worse on the store versions and also you can't modify any files like installing mods or fixing issues your self.

Also I think games are not permanant on the game pass they might be here today gone tomorrow.

I always get it on epic if I have a choice.

Performance worst in games?

Soldato
Did they ever release the new unreal game? I remember playing the alpha demo years ago before I went to console. It was shaping up to be pretty damn good.

If you mean Unreal Tournament, then no. Development stopped when they shifted all their resources to Fortnite because that's where the absurd amounts of money are coming from.

Soldato
If you mean Unreal Tournament, then no. Development stopped when they shifted all their resources to Fortnite because that's where the absurd amounts of money are coming from.

Suppose you cant really blame them - cash is king as they say.

Maybe the BR format is just the natural evolution of online FPS games that were popular back in the day.

That said, I do miss the days of UT, Q3, CS 1.6 and suchlike.

Twitch shooters just dont work on consoles and if that's where two thirds+ of the revenue is, then games need to focus on the target market. By all accounts Fortnite has taken the gaming world by storm so why wouldn't they run with it.

I'm definitely going to look up Quake Champions again soon though. I came out of PC gaming retirement to play the beta a few years back. It was so broken. Maybe now it's fixed.

AC Syndicate is a quality game. I prefer origins and odyssey though.

Soldato
Just noticed I've got the £10 Christmas voucher in my account. I thought you only got one if you bought something during the Christmas sale?

I'm not complaining. Just surprised. Time to decide what to use it on. A few things that are tempting me:

Borderlands 3 for £14.99
Anno 1800 for £14.99
AC: Odyssey for £6.49 (already completed on PS, but tempted to start again)
AC: Origins Gold for £8.74
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw for £7.99
Ancestors for £6.49

Tough choice.

Are Ghost Recon Wildlands or Breakpoint worth bothering with? Not played a Ghost Recon game since the Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, scratch Ancestors then :p

Satisfactory, I'm unsure about. It looks like the sort of thing I'll either get addicted to, or get bored of after a few hours and I can't make my mind up which way it'll go. Will watch some videos on YouTube and see if I can get a feel for it.

Man of Honour
Right, scratch Ancestors then :p

Satisfactory, I'm unsure about. It looks like the sort of thing I'll either get addicted to, or get bored of after a few hours and I can't make my mind up which way it'll go. Will watch some videos on YouTube and see if I can get a feel for it.

Have you ever played Factorio? If you have, satisfactory is like a 3d , first person version of that.

Back
Top Bottom