Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
lol, that's awesome Hyperseven. Did it make much of a difference?

I must say, for as basic as it is, Eleven Table Tennis is the most realistic of all the VR games I have played.

It's very realistic! I keep forgetting that I am in VR and I keep going to leave my bat on the table. The irony of this is that I am usually putting the " bat" down to adjust my headset :p:D The brain is funny!!

Soldato
OP
lol, that's awesome Hyperseven. Did it make much of a difference?

It's very realistic! I keep forgetting that I am in VR and I keep going to leave my bat on the table. The irony of this is that I am usually putting the " bat" down to adjust my headset :p:D The brain is funny!!
It's just a more natural way of holding the paddle. Once Velcro is fastened it is quite solid. Got it of thingiverse. Reminds me of the Wii and all the plastic tat you could get for the wiimote :D

Soldato
Both of those didnt work however its now working after restarting pc and stream vr and using -openvr instead of -oculus. Then i was above the lorry so had to reset view.

Ive been ok in most games so far but this one has made me feel a bit sick. Not sure if framerate issue ive tried dialing settings back.

Im sitting too far back as well but cant see how to move position of driver.

Associate
Did my Frankenquest today, have to say what a difference, obviously only time will tell, but a marked improvement on the standard headband, :)

https://flic.kr/p/2j88kUY
2j88kUY

Soldato
What is WMR and is it worth getting the software installed? Is it just another home environment like the steam cabin thing or the oculus cabin thing?

WMR is Windows Mixed Reality, the platform that a bunch of Microsoft based headsets run off, like the Samsung Odyssey and the HP Reverb. It's nothing to do with Quest, so not something to worry about.

Associate
what parts did you get for that?

its a lot more refined than before where there where a few odds n sods

Headset here and currently I. Stock :
https://www.vive.com/uk/vive-deluxe-audio-strap/

And just the brackets that clip on :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTC-DAS-Adapter-Kit-for-Oculus-Quest-Link-HTC-VIVE-Deluxe-Audio-strap-VR-Headset/153922423572?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I watched this guy on YouTube which got me to the above parts after doing a search

https://youtu.be/by1h9XlNw8w

the trickiest bit was removing the oculus side straps, apart from that it’s a doddle

Soldato
I know i dont need it for quest, but can i use it anyway and what does it provide?

It's basically like Oculus Home for Oculus headsets - it provides all the software, drivers, and environment needed to use WMR headsets. It has no use for the Quest.

It's not like Steam VR which is headset agnostic and which works for the majority of headsets. It only works for WMR headsets.

Soldato
It's basically like Oculus Home for Oculus headsets - it provides all the software, drivers, and environment needed to use WMR headsets. It has no use for the Quest.

It's not like Steam VR which is headset agnostic and which works for the majority of headsets. It only works for WMR headsets.

Ok thanks. Im struggling to see the purpose of the home environments for Oculus and Steam VR. I thought the WMR might be another that had some different features.

All the Oculus and Steam VR home environments seem to do is provide you with a VR house and some objects to position and throw about. The only real use for it is as a lobby from which to enter the actual game you want to play.

I understand there are background drivers etc to make the actual headsets work with the PC, but it feels like a VR cabin in the woods is not necessary for that background stuff to function.

Back
Top Bottom