Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
Just tried Klubbheads Discohopping and Prodigy Voodoo People on it. Its clever for what it does, and to be fair generated some quite good patterns in some sections. But other sections were bad, unintuitive patterns, long dead spaces, inappropriate difficulty for the level. Its quick though, I generated and played those two songs in less than 20 minutes.

Soldato
is there a good easy guide you guys follow to mod beat saber up, i checked youtube and it seems you need a masters in electronics or similar :eek:
Do you mean for custom songs? I followed this video without issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0Oqrg07Mg however that is a number of months old now but there a are plenty recent ones on YouTube that seem straight forward.

Soldato
Gone a bit mad, saw that there was one 64gb Quest on Amazon so have taken the plunge quite randomly.

Few questions tho:

• What cheap alternative link cables are there?

I've seen the Anker PowerLine USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable (10ft/3m) with 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor.... is this ok? Ah, not right angled tho.​

Ah, apparently an update for the quest now allows the usb cable that comes with it to be used for link? how long is that cable? 10ft apparently?​

• Can I use link with a 980ti?

• Do I need a USB C port or is USB 3.0 (A) via a sata card ok?

• Can you play Half Life Alyx on a Quest with link?

From what I can tell that'd be a "yes", though perhaps not at full whack.​

• Does it come with a glasses adaptor? Or is the fit ok as is?
Looks like it comes with an adaptor.​

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Soldato
is there a good easy guide you guys follow to mod beat saber up, i checked youtube and it seems you need a masters in electronics or similar :eek:

Quest needs to have Dev mode enabled first ! Google it plenty of tutorials.

Install beat saber on quest and run it once, then quit. Download BMBF windows client on PC, connect quest to PC via USB cable. Run BMBF client and should show whether Quest is connected. Click on Unicorn to install BMBF onto Quest and mod Beat Saber, once finished switch to quest, go to unknown apps in libray, start BMBF, download custom songs.

Back
Top Bottom