MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
No need to overpay buying the expensive 4000mhz ram kits when even the cheaper binned 3200/14 should do 4000+ with no problems.

from the product page of this kit.
  • Low CAS latencies of 14-14-14-31 & up to 4500 MHz guaranteed memory clocks
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

That's why I went with this kit at the time knowing if fabric clocks increase with zen 3 I'd be covered. Currently running it @3800/16 @1.42v and I'm pretty sure it will do 4000/16 giving that there's plenty of voltage still left in the tank.

Didn't spot this earlier ! I'm also looking to put some fast RAM with this mobo and a Ryzen 9 3900x and it appears the 8pack Team Group stuff continues to get praised - is it worth it? The choice between 3200mhz and 3600mhz versus cost for 16/32gb is throwing me a wobbly, is it not natively better to install the 3600mhz, or does the lower latency of the 3200mhz (then overclocking it to 3600+) it make it just as good or better?

Soldato
Didn't spot this earlier ! I'm also looking to put some fast RAM with this mobo and a Ryzen 9 3900x and it appears the 8pack Team Group stuff continues to get praised - is it worth it? The choice between 3200mhz and 3600mhz versus cost for 16/32gb is throwing me a wobbly, is it not natively better to install the 3600mhz, or does the lower latency of the 3200mhz (then overclocking it to 3600+) it make it just as good or better?
I went for the 3200/14 kit as it was cheaper than the 3600/16 at the time, I've also overclocked it to 3800/14 and this is what it scores, for reference the 3600/14 ripped kit at XMP settings gets a time of around 256 seconds.
Whichever 8pack kit you went for I don't think you would be disappointed but there is a saving to be made by taking the cheaper 3200/14 kit and overclocking it yourself.

def7.png

Last edited:
Associate
I went for the 3200/14 kit as it was cheaper than the 3600/16 at the time, I've also overclocked it to 3800/14 and this is what it scores, for reference the 3600/14 ripped kit at XMP settings gets a time of around 256 seconds.
Whichever 8pack kit you went for I don't think you would be disappointed but there is a saving to be made by taking the cheaper 3200/14 kit and overclocking it yourself.

That's quite difference if I'm reading it right, a significant amount faster - thank you for the comparison! Although the compatibility 'text' for the 16gb/32gb appear different, would the 32GB version linked below be the same stuff and hold a 'similar' performance value?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c14-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-003-8p.html

Soldato
That's quite difference if I'm reading it right, a significant amount faster - thank you for the comparison! Although the compatibility 'text' for the 16gb/32gb appear different, would the 32GB version linked below be the same stuff and hold a 'similar' performance value?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c14-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-003-8p.html
The 32gb kit may not clock quite as tight but in being dual rank it would have a performance advantage over a 16gb kit at identical clocks/timings.

Last edited:
Associate
@ScottiB any idea why mine didn't go out today?, I had to be one of the first to order 13 days ago (6th person to register interest from the MSI rep offer) OC3791327

EDIT: NM it's showing as shipped now, must have just been a bit slow to update, thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Also just placed my order - Ref: OC3791408

I have got a couple of other bits in there too. I posted in the pre-sales queries section and StigBourne has advised that the other items should be in stock by the end of the month. Hopefully all the items on my order will all arrive at OCUK at/around the same time, if not, I don't mind waiting to just receive it all as one package :)

@ScottiB and @MSIUK Support - Thanks for this, exciting times on the new build :)

Hey, will this becoming from OCUK having made it at place number 5 on the msi allocation list?

@MSIUK Support @ScottiB

Associate
I'm still waiting and I paid on the day the pre order was up. I think I was no. 2 that messaged @MSIUK Support for an early pre order too lol its alright I don't mind waiting a little longer if I have to. It'll be worth it @ScottiB

For the last few months all my OUCK emails are going to spam, I actually noticed on my account order tab it was processed before noticed the emails in spam. Maybe scotti seen my post about being NI 2days and done me a solid favour (I did suggest the preorder idea ;))

long story we didn't expect stock to the 3rd so if all 100 orders are dispatched by COP Wednesday then no1 can complaint really.... stock was at other side of the world on Friday so we are even lucky to be getting the product this week.

Associate
I ordered and paid 18/05 and somehow made it on to the MSI reps allocation.

Order showing as received not shipped on my order history

Associate
If I'm honest guys I'm still happy not bothered in the slightest I'm happy I'm getting one to mess around with. The only whine I'll be making is when I rebuild and something isn't right, like a simple fan header, let's be honest it happens to the best of us who build our own lol

Associate
Guys the MSI allocation was scrapped due to ScottiB deal OCUKs original allocation was only supposed to be 25 .. the special allocation was not going to be needed due to the increased stock allocation :)

Now we need to hound some WC companies to make monoblocks and VRM blocks due to the board potential and popularity xD

Associate
Guys the MSI allocation was scrapped due to ScottiB deal OCUKs original allocation was only supposed to be 25 .. the special allocation was not going to be needed due to the increased stock allocation :)

Now we need to hound some WC companies to make monoblocks and VRM blocks due to the board potential and popularity xD
Ah must have missed that, cheers

Soldato
Got a text this morning saying it's due today and the emails said today but tracking doesn't appear to indicate it's being collected so not sure if it hit the collection last night or not, bit puzzled! Still says DPD are expecting my parcel. No big deal if it doesn't come today as I'm working today / tomorrow anyway!

Back
Top Bottom