MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I ordered and paid 18/05 and somehow made it on to the MSI reps allocation.

Order showing as received not shipped on my order history
Just forget that list. It was a nice idea by @MSIUK Support but I was not sent the "extra allocation" that was promised and, since I'm working remotely, I have no way to force specific orders to the front of a pre-order queue.
I'm yet to receive any of my official launch allocation. As evident from the fact that We've been the only resellers with stock, nobody else has received theirs either.

I'm sorry if your order didn't make it out. We are still experiencing large order volumes so there is a permanent backlog on the packing benches. I'll be looking into any pre-orders that have not yet shipped this morning.

Associate
Just forget that list. It was a nice idea by @MSIUK Support but I was not sent the "extra allocation" that was promised and, since I'm working remotely, I have no way to force specific orders to the front of a pre-order queue.
I'm yet to receive any of my official launch allocation. As evident from the fact that We've been the only resellers with stock, nobody else has received theirs either.

I'm sorry if your order didn't make it out. We are still experiencing large order volumes so there is a permanent backlog on the packing benches. I'll be looking into any pre-orders that have not yet shipped this morning.

Morning, appreciate the reply. Thanks

Soldato
@ScottiB did some orders like mine not get out last night? Got my dispatch email at about 2220 and it says it's due today but tracking states it's still waiting to be collected and no allocated time slot from DPD.

Associate
Woooo! Thanks Overclockers! X570 Tomahawk arrived! Super excited to start my first build! Have my 3700x arriving tomorrow, and now the waiting game for other components to come down aa little in price/come back in stock.

Associate
Yeah I did notice the higher prices, especially on some of the B550 boards which is a problem since you might as well get a X570 then, but usually new boards starts to trickle down in price 2-3 months after release.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Yeah I did notice the higher prices, especially on some of the B550 boards which is a problem since you might as well get a X570 then, but usually new boards starts to trickle down in price 2-3 months after release.
if all you care about is CPU performance then comparing B550 to X570 makes sense. There's definitely going to be significant overlap in the ranges but don't forget that the more expensive B550 boards will have features that similarly priced X570 will not.

As for the pricing, apart from deals on the slow moving stock, the only significant difference between the cost of launch stock and that stock which arrives later is generally due to the shipping methods...a slow boat from china is a lot cheaper than air freight.

All that said, I would not hold my breath for a price drop. The biggest factor affecting pricing in the UK is the exchange rate and the pound has been weakening steadily since the Brexit referendum was announced. This has been pushing UK pricing steadily upwards. Manufacturers and resellers do what they can to negate small fluctuations but it's not always possible. Since most B450 boards have increased in price since launch I'd be remiss if I didn't attempt to temper expectations.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
First impressions.

Board layout is mostly excellent. The system/case fan headers are all on the bottom edge of the board so I'm having to contrive an all-new wiring layout to get my top and rear fans wired up. But it looks great and very well put-together.

Pulling my pc apart now to get the new parts in. Pics when I'm done!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
No dispatch email yet.

I was fourth on the pre-order list, but I did use the 48 hours before I placed the order...
As I said, the pre-order list means nothing, MSI didn't provide the stock for it and I'm not in any position to handle priority orders at the moment.

Did you order other items with the board? any chance that one of those might be out of stock?
I did a quick check this morning and the only early pre-orders that didn't ship were being held up by out of stock items so I'd recommend that you give our support team a quick call.

Back
Top Bottom