MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
I'm going to have a rant, I wanted to add a third NVME via the PCI-E lane with an adapter, but my 3090Ti covers the lane entirely with the shroud and there's not even space to fit a riser, what's the point in these motherboards having all these features that are obviously making the price higher when you physically can't access them due to the stupid design of I guess both the GPU and Mobo manufacturers not thinking about where everything goes and it being able to be accessed ? You shouldn't have to be making sacrifices on premium boards like this, hopefully something changes in the next gen either GPU's start getting smaller or the Mobo designers come up with ways to make all the features accessible regardless of what GPU you have

Soldato
I'm going to have a rant, I wanted to add a third NVME via the PCI-E lane with an adapter, but my 3090Ti covers the lane entirely with the shroud and there's not even space to fit a riser, what's the point in these motherboards having all these features that are obviously making the price higher when you physically can't access them due to the stupid design of I guess both the GPU and Mobo manufacturers not thinking about where everything goes and it being able to be accessed ? You shouldn't have to be making sacrifices on premium boards like this, hopefully something changes in the next gen either GPU's start getting smaller or the Mobo designers come up with ways to make all the features accessible regardless of what GPU you have
Which 3090ti do you have? How big is the cooler on it?

Soldato
Which 3090ti do you have? How big is the cooler on it?
EVGA FTW Ultra

CmM8b4k.png

3.5 slots lol

Soldato
Riser cable with both male and female 90 degree adaptors. (Thermaltake PCI-E 4.0 Dual 90 Degree Riser Cable 130mm)

Not cheap though.

Soldato
Riser cable with both male and female 90 degree adaptors. (Thermaltake PCI-E 4.0 Dual 90 Degree Riser Cable 130mm)

Not cheap though.
I did think of a riser cable, but I'm not sure there's enough space between the slot and the GPU shroud above it, can't mount the GPU on a bracket and use riser cable on that either because it would mean my USB PCI card would no longer fit

Soldato
I did think of a riser cable, but I'm not sure there's enough space between the slot and the GPU shroud above it, can't mount the GPU on a bracket and use riser cable on that either because it would mean my USB PCI card would no longer fit
What size are your existing drives? Thinking replace one for a 4TB.

Alternatively get a external NVME enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom