• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
This driver has really upset my PC. Failed to install (I'm on Win10, 2004) and taken some of the old driver with it. Done a DDU but now nothing will re-install. Annoying!

Go to the device manager and find the GPU and see if you can right click uninstall it there. Then when that is done(if you can) run a SFC /Scannow in powershell or CMD with admin rights. When this is done, try and reinstall after a reboot.

Soldato
Ok I got hardware scheduling turned on but I tested borderlands 3 and my minimum framerate stayed the same and same for the average so now im confused. I other I did something wrong or this feature does nothing.

The other annoying thing is the windows update messed up my software. All my rgb hardware somehow has now defaulted to rainbow puke, my pinned icons have disappeared and riva tuner keeps crashing

Associate
After the major stuttering issues I had with all the preview WDDM 2.7 drivers while multitasking with a game running, 451.48 with HAGS on/off has fixed all stuttering while videos are running on a second screen or dragging folders while gaming. Everything is silky smooth now while multitasking :D

Soldato
The joys of running a PC! :p

I blame 2004, it's way too buggy.

Can you do a system restore?

I tried a system restore, it failed, tried again with another date, it also failed lol

Go to the device manager and find the GPU and see if you can right click uninstall it there. Then when that is done(if you can) run a SFC /Scannow in powershell or CMD with admin rights. When this is done, try and reinstall after a reboot.

Yep, done all that. No joy.

I've tried it all in safe mode too, its really not happy. Looks like I'm going to have to do a re-install

Soldato
I tried a system restore, it failed, tried again with another date, it also failed lol

Yep, done all that. No joy.

I've tried it all in safe mode too, its really not happy. Looks like I'm going to have to do a re-install

Well that stinks... sorry to hear that. I had similar issues way back when I was running a 1080 ti on much older versions of Windows 10 and even longer back in the XP days(can't remember what hardware though). I know there is a way to get around it but I cannot for the life of me remember how.

Associate
Driver is installed and working brilliantly, but DXDIAG and the Nvidia control panel report DX12 feature level 12_1 as the highest and GPUZ says mesh shaders are unsupported. Strangely GPUZ also reports WDDM as unsupported by the OS even though everything is running great, GPUZ shows everything enabled and ray tracing demos even work just fine, very strange.

Going to reinstall Windows 10 over the top as an upgrade and see if that fixes itself.

Update - Reinstall done but still shows as DX12_1

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It's a fairly new install as well, about 2 months old. I even reverted W10 Privacy settings in case that was having a negative affect.

Even trying windows update fails with the install.

I tested by removing another device and re-installing and that's working.

I may try a reseat of the GPU first, I did attack it with an air duster a few days ago but it's been working fine, and is working right now as a basic VGA device.

Soldato
BAH!!

Tried everything, I'm convinced this is a problem with the 2004 update not installing Direct X 12 Ultimate, for whatever reason, god knows what. The fact that only Direct X 12_1 is showing up in DXDIAG & NCP, tells me this is a Windows issue rather than an Nvidia drivers one, TBH.

These new drivers are looking for DX12 Ultimate and not finding it and as a result are disabling all DX12 features only like Ray Tracing. I really don't want to go through the utter hassle & tedium of a new Windows install without even knowing if it will fix the problem but unless I try it I may not be able to install any new drivers.

I'll give it until next week, see if anyone else is having similar problems and a fix turns up, either from Nvidia or (Yeah right...) Microsoft with a new 2004 update.

Associate
Same issue, Windows 10 2004 reinstalled, 451.48 installed, even ran DDU offline as well just in case and installed them twice and the feature level is still stuck DX12_1 with mesh shading disabled.

DXDIAG, NCP and GPUZ all report DX12_1. No idea if MS or Nvidia is to blame for this one.

2B3dIhO.jpg

Soldato
My system shows exactly the same as Raiden85 (apart from BIOS version).

Is there any demo or test to validate 12_2 is operational ?

If you're not seeing 12_2 in DXDIAG or Nvidia Control Panel System Info, then it isn't installed...and you have the same problem as me & Raiden85, the 2004 Windows update hasn't installed it on your PC.

Come & Join us, misery loves company.

Back
Top Bottom