Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th July 2020]

Caporegime
well really didnt expect this today, back 3 is working loads better
I was really pleased with the way we dealt with Traore. First half, he was doing OK against KT, but Kola was helping out a lot to keep him at bay, then when Arteta could see KT tiring he was quick enough to swap him for, AMN, who dealt with him well as he has the necessary pace and was well backed up by Auba doing his bit, leaving Kola to help reinforce the centre backs against the growing threat down the middle. Excellent game management from Arteta that.

Looked nothing like the tank destroyer he’s made out to be.

Soldato
I'm still so pessimistic, lol. The Luton game was a reminder not to get excited until it's all done. I hope us and Brentford go up as 1st and 2nd, they are effectively only 5 points behind in theory with the better GD.

Like us mate. I still didnt think we have won the league with a 20+ point lead.

Leeds are up imo.

Soldato
I was really pleased with the way we dealt with Traore. First half, he was doing OK against KT, but Kola was helping out a lot to keep him at bay, then when Arteta could see KT tiring he was quick enough to swap him for, AMN, who dealt with him well as he has the necessary pace and was well backed up by Auba doing his bit, leaving Kola to help reinforce the centre backs against the growing threat down the middle. Excellent game management from Arteta that.

Looked nothing like the tank destroyer he’s made out to be.

He had an easy shot to score in fairness...he just has no end product. That dink over your keeper isnt hard and he puts it over the bar.

Soldato
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Henderson, Minamino, Shaqiri, Jones, Elliott, Williams.

Rotated it quite allot, tbh I'd of given Williams his full debut perfect time, league is won so no pressure for him either

Associate
Much like Everton and City fixtures before this, we could play for a million hours and not score.

There is absolutely no attacking flair whatsoever. Yawn.

So slow and predictable left to right and back again, we're only effective on the counter but that would require teams actively trying to attack us which is unlikely.

Soldato
This is essentially more attacked minded midfield and done sweet fa compared to what is our work horse midfielders.

Too slow, sloppy passed and nothing in final third

Associate
Doubling up on Salah plus the ineffective Origi means we have only Mane and he's having to drop deep to make anything happen - we have no attackers.

Midfield doesn't have the guile to play through Villa and constant misplaced passes (Robertson and Ox) are ruining any rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom