Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Just taken my 17 year old to her last vets appointment, she'd been battling feline diabetes for 4 years but this morning she just wanted to rest eternally.

ak72wfn.jpg

RIP Sasha (Duchess), survived getting hit by a car, having her tail removed, countless fights, puppies, kids and kittens.

Sorry for the downer
:(

Sorry mate. I'm sure she was immensely loved and is now having a great time with the big man in the sky.

Man of Honour
Just taken my 17 year old to her last vets appointment, she'd been battling feline diabetes for 4 years but this morning she just wanted to rest eternally.

ak72wfn.jpg

RIP Sasha (Duchess), survived getting hit by a car, having her tail removed, countless fights, puppies, kids and kittens.

Sorry for the downer
Ah that's so sad. RIP to Sasha.

Soldato

ak72wfn.jpg

Sorry for the downer

aww she looked so adorable and clearly looked after well, i am so sorry for your loss :(

never apologise for feeling sad about your wee pal, rip wee kitty :(

Caporegime
I don't check this thread any more, and sadly that's why.

It started as a happy place to post pics of our beloved kitties, now it's mainly a sad thread of kitties who have died.

I don't mean to be "that guy", and my condolences to all who have lost their kitties recently.

But the thread is not a happy one any more and I now regret every time I open it.

e: Perhaps we should have a RIP thread specially for the purpose :(

Soldato
I don't check this thread any more, and sadly that's why.

It started as a happy place to post pics of our beloved kitties, now it's mainly a sad thread of kitties who have died.

I don't mean to be "that guy", and my condolences to all who have lost their kitties recently.

But the thread is not a happy one any more and I now regret every time I open it.

e: Perhaps we should have a RIP thread specially for the purpose :(

you would need a gerbil one and a fish one and a dog one etc as well.........

im guilty of making this a sad place with my dougal posts as well and the ginger cat (fraggles/rascal) is gonna get tested for cancer on monday i really hope it is not he has a swollen tit like a balloon, i kinda understand what you'r saying but im kinda not sure as well, im drunk and autistic :p

pet ownership take the good with the sad i guess :(

Man of Honour
Does anybody use these raised feeding platforms (for example, this and this) or even just place your cats food bowls on something so that it's higher for them to eat from? I have seen conflicting arguements that it is better for the cat and makes it easier for them to eat and swallow and then on the other side that there is no benefit at all. Anybody have any thoughts on these?

On a side note, Garfield is still fighting on and you wouldn't actually think there is anything wrong with him. He is a right cheeky chap. When we go to bed we sit up watching Netflix/Prime and a bit of TV for 90-120 minutes and he is always on the bed starting off on my lap until he get's too hot and then snuggles up between us. I say snuggle up but he has more room than either of us!! Anyway, he keeps staring at the wife all the time. He has this very offputting stare and it's like he is looking straight through your head. It's like he's saying "why are you next to my human?" Bless him. :)

Caporegime
Does anybody use these raised feeding platforms (for example, this and this) or even just place your cats food bowls on something so that it's higher for them to eat from? I have seen conflicting arguements that it is better for the cat and makes it easier for them to eat and swallow and then on the other side that there is no benefit at all. Anybody have any thoughts on these?
Not sure I've seen many cats eating from tables on Natural World :p

Bella drags 50% of her food out of the bowl and eats it off the carpet anyhow...

Soldato
Ronnie who would eat anything has now got into the habit of just licking the jelly off the meat - he will get through 20 packs a week and we throw most of it away.
He also has the ear infection back and we have been putting drops in both his ears for the last 10 days - I have to say compared to Holly it is a pleasure - If we catch him asleep or he is on wife's lap I just stroke him for a few minutes then pull his ear back and put drops in -give them a massage and he goes back to sleep. He is good as gold.
414409814.jpg

He did bite me earlier on. little bugger :eek: Pruning some climbers and he always has to come and see what you are doing - put my hand round for some bits and he took a bite - I think he thought I was playing with him.

Soldato
Ronnie who would eat anything has now got into the habit of just licking the jelly off the meat - he will get through 20 packs a week and we throw most of it away.
He also has the ear infection back and we have been putting drops in both his ears for the last 10 days - I have to say compared to Holly it is a pleasure - If we catch him asleep or he is on wife's lap I just stroke him for a few minutes then pull his ear back and put drops in -give them a massage and he goes back to sleep. He is good as gold.
414409814.jpg

He did bite me earlier on. little bugger :eek: Pruning some climbers and he always has to come and see what you are doing - put my hand round for some bits and he took a bite - I think he thought I was playing with him.
One of my two does that too. He's been living the jelly and gravy off the meat for years. So annoying how much food vets wasted.

Back
Top Bottom