1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your kitty cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acrotomophilia, 1 Sep 2009.

1. Guru

Soldato

bless em they are just bringing you a gift hahaha

This breed is a house cat and we don’t have mice in our house fortunately:)

2. Vince

Man of Honour

Mine only go out when we let them into the garden. Otherwise also indoor cats. Fluffy, cuddly killing machines. What is not to like?

3. DXP55

Soldato

You are supposed to eat his present to show him you like him. :D

4. Junglist

Sgarrista

OCUK Cat owners, I have a question if I may...

For the last few months we've been staying at my Grandmothers until our house is built. My grandmother has lived here for about 5 years and the previous owner had a cat as there is a cat flap in the door. Every day since we've been here there has been a black cat in the garden from the morning until the evening. She's really friendly and sits around with us as we're in the garden and is always meowing at us for attention. She isn't skinny so we can't believe she is a stray (Doesn't help my grandmother throws out uneaten meat outside for the cats rather than bin it!) but she is literally always in the garden or waiting at the back door before we've even pulled back the curtains in the morning.

Is this regular behaviour of a cat that has its own home? We think when we get the go ahead to move into our house we may take her to the vet to see if she has been chipped and if she hasn't been we may take her with us.

Also, my grandmother who is 87 is a bit worried about being alone once we are gone (We'll be visiting her every week as she is going to be around the corner) and she keeps saying she really wants a dog for company, which I don't feel would be fair on her or a dog at her age. Would a cat be suitable for someone such as her? I want something to keep her company on the days where family don't visit, which is more or less every day anyway!

5. bremen1874

Capodecina

No unusual for cats to be hanging around other houses. We have a couple that visit, and I know one of mine used to go to a house around the corner. It was there so much I went and told them when he had to be put down so they wouldn’t be wondering.

6. almoststew1990

Soldato

it's been a while since this thread was up top...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Less working more petting!

7. Josh

Capodecina

Just taken my 17 year old to her last vets appointment, she'd been battling feline diabetes for 4 years but this morning she just wanted to rest eternally.

[​IMG]

RIP Sasha (Duchess), survived getting hit by a car, having her tail removed, countless fights, puppies, kids and kittens.

Sorry for the downer
    :(

8. doodah

Capodecina

Rest in peace Sasha :( - cute cat.

9. Josh

Capodecina

Jesus that photo is huge, not sure how that's happened.

She always was larger than life!

10. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

That is a gorgeous sheen on that coat, brings back memories of trying to type on the keyboard with a cat in my face.
    Sorry for you loss. I remember when I lost mine I was the phone to my mother talking about it and I just lost it completely.

11. Mark1989

Capodecina

The fact she has giving the cat food is only going to encourage the cat to return

12. Kelt

Capodecina

RIP Kitty :(

13. Quartz

Capodecina

That photo shows one determined cat. RIP Sasha.

14. Junglist

Sgarrista

Yeah we do tell her that but she refuses to throw meat in the bin when the cats or foxes can eat it. Just find it really odd she's always in the garden. Even in bad weather she'll just sit at the front of the summer house as it is covered from the rain.

Sorry for the bad news @Josh

15. Mark1989

Capodecina

Maybe enjoys the company too, some cats just like some people more than others.

That or said cat is slowly trying to move in haha

16. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

I've made an Instagram account for my cat. Senor.squeaky if you want to follow.

*I'd missed the post about Sasha, really sorry to hear that. 17 is a good age, sounds like she'd been through a lot but had a great life.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2020
  17. ljt

Mobster

Sorry to hear that :( RIP Sasha.

I've got 2 (brother and sister) that are 16 and both have diabetes, ones been diabetic for 6 years or more now. The other about 4 years. I remember when I first had to start injecting them! Fun times :D They are as good as gold now though, don't bat an eyelid.

18. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Sorry for your loss mate :( RIP Sasha

I was a mess when we lost our dusty a lot of people don't seem to get it but it's part of the family gone

19. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Sorry dude, losing a pet is always rubbish. :( But I always try to think of it that even though we can’t have them around for the whole of our lifetimes at least we can take comfort in the knowledge that they can have us around for the whole of theirs.

20. Worthy

Don

@Josh I'm really sorry to hear that matey. It's always so hard when they go but then it gets to a point where it's just the best thing for them and we have to let them go. I'll have a whisky for Sasha tonight :)