Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Caporegime
OP
Is this yet another retardedly large download? I just deleted this off one of my ssds from another build and it was hogging over 180 gigs. 180 gigs for this.....

Associate
Dundee?

I swear I passed there once... isnt it at the end of the earth :p?

lol! Feels that way at times!

Dundee right now doesn't seem to be big enough to get fast internet and not rural enough to be part of the roll out of the fast internet program we are seeing, stuck somewhere in the middle unfortunately.

However the internet connection isn't the issue as I went from kb's to maxing out my connection when I switched to the VPN in Canada, so its activision that cant handle the huge volume of downloads on day 1, if their patches were smaller the problem would be a lot less of course.

Soldato
im trying to download WoW wanted to try it after 4 years away.
hit the issue you guys are around 2Kbps. however just as im typing this just hit 7MB/S its bouncing between 1MB-7MBs. rather not use a VPN and in no rush.

@Gerard believe its 50GB update

Soldato
Wtf are they doing that updates are this size? Are they collaborating with ssd and hdd makers just to bung as much **** as possible into updates that people need more storage? :confused:
i bet they have very large files that cannot spilt due to
* no forward thinking
* terrible base engine design
* no compression

no one would care if it was 1 million files at 200GB.

there is no way they are using any type of compression on there downloads.
most game files you can save at least 25%-50% so that would make this game 500GB un-compressed.
their is no no way they have that much data for this game bet its 53GB uncompressed download

heck thats DOOM 2016 in an update..

Soldato
My EU was 200k/s just now. Changed to America and got 2mb/s, them did US VPN them America and am getting 10mb/s.

Blizzard launcher has been gash for updates for literally as long as I can remember.

Soldato
Downdetector reporting problems for battle.net,regardless of switching to US or Asia download halts to hardly moving in think everyone's trying those methods lol, hoping it gets resolved quickly, trust this to happen on the only night I get off work to test my new build :D

Soldato
New playlists are garbage.

Oil Rig is just a maze and gets tedious very fast. Quick Play seems to be preferring rubbish maps. Played for a couple of hours and not a single Crash, Backlot, Rust, Hackney.

Pfft, I'll try again next week I think.

Soldato
I don’t play it often at the moment and then was created with a 54gb download, stopped the download and removed the game.

cant be bothered to keep downloading these updates to only play every now and then.

Associate
Cranked on oil rig is interesting, big map with small teams means you often run around and die before finding another enemy to shoot at.

Harbor has some crazy choke points and depending upon your initial spawn point you can pretty much guarantee the match outcome

Livestock is good for a giggle but nothing much to write home about

So far not loving the new playlists, however warzone is fun, we got out first win on plunder tonight :)

Soldato
Plunder is the easiest it’s ever been at the moment. Most of the teams are too busy running around in the stadium or following the train to care about getting money. We just won a game by looting the whole of quarry and didn’t see another player the whole game :p

Caporegime
Plunder is the easiest it’s ever been at the moment. Most of the teams are too busy running around in the stadium or following the train to care about getting money. We just won a game by looting the whole of quarry and didn’t see another player the whole game :p

I can almost win plunder games even if solo. Just head somewhere quiet, collect cash, do missions, grab drops and keep popping off balloons regularly. Everyone seems to get caught up in nonstop battles and not actual bank any cash.

Soldato
Yeah I find the same. The games we have won tend to be when I get 2-3 kills max. I just keep out of the way of people and open as many boxes as possible. I think I opened 40 boxes in one game last night :D

Associate

That's exactly it, I got 3 kills in the entire amtch and barely saw anyone, on the next game we went for a look around the stadium together with everyone else it seemed lol

Associate
"Glad" to see I'm not the only one getting speed issues with the update.

Seems the earlier you do it the better, as soon as the US is up and downloading we're ******.

I connected to the US, a server in New York and set my region as Americas in Battle Net. Took just over an hour I think as I just got the Warzone update since I don't have the full game.

Back
Top Bottom