Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Runs well enough for me at 1440p high detail. 3900x + superclocked 108ti and getting 60-70fps.

Keyboard and mouse controls are good, with the exception of a couple of unbindable keys (this is always a risk with PC games, when you're left-handed, and it's very annoying).

Loving the story, setting and gamplay so far, and it looks beautiful.

Man of Honour
Seems like there are a few glitchy issues to be patched but all the panic over performance appears to have been largely unfounded come release.

Soldato
Runs well enough for me at 1440p high detail. 3900x + superclocked 108ti and getting 60-70fps.

Keyboard and mouse controls are good, with the exception of a couple of unbindable keys (this is always a risk with PC games, when you're left-handed, and it's very annoying).

Loving the story, setting and gamplay so far, and it looks beautiful.

how superclocked is your 1080ti dude? How important is CPU for this game do we think?

Soldato
On my VEGA 64 with i7 8700k at 1440p ultra settings just isn't going for me. 40/50fps I did drop some settings down a touch and now get mostly over 60fps and it runs for the most part fine. They is some strange lag when going from a cut scene to gameplay but doesn't happen all the time. I have also noticed they is quite some texture issues like filtering just isn't working.

All in all I am enjoying it but for a big SONY title I do expect better for a AAA release on PC its like these guys just dont understand PC coding they is questionable bigs here.

Also the graphics on this dont blow me away yeah sure its nice and all its not bad but its not The Last of us 2 either, that game has made everything look subpar now haa

Associate
Playing mouse and keyboard feels weird, needed the mouse sensitivity turned right up to start with. Feels like Aloy is drunk and continually pushing against the controls, don’t recall it feeling like that on PS4.

Man of Honour
Also the graphics on this dont blow me away yeah sure its nice and all its not bad but its not The Last of us 2 either, that game has made everything look subpar now haa

Lol yeah, any third person game I am looking for the little details that LOU2 has and just go sadface when I can't see those details on the other games.

Either wya though this does look rather nicein its own right. The colour grading is more animation than realism of course and that suits the style. particle effects detail and atmospheric effects could have been a bit richer though I guess but that's about it really. I'm getting used to the controls as this type of game is new to me but I can see myself enjoying it much more once I have become familiar with the mechanics. I am playing with an XB1 pad and it's great. I played LOU2 with the same pad (well the same design for the PS4 as I like this layout) and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Video:

Soldato
On my VEGA 64 with i7 8700k at 1440p ultra settings just isn't going for me. 40/50fps I did drop some settings down a touch and now get mostly over 60fps and it runs for the most part fine. They is some strange lag when going from a cut scene to gameplay but doesn't happen all the time. I have also noticed they is quite some texture issues like filtering just isn't working.

its the way the animation moves plus the sound which makes this feel like a next generation game.

port is not as optimised as death stranding, thats for sure but it sure does look as good.

Ultimate in 1080p is running at around 75fps for me on a 5700xt, 7.5gb vram usage and 10.5gb ram. liquid cooled, stock clocks and max power limit.

[email protected] is using around 30% cpu.

We need new GPU's for 1440p/100hz, I am sure AMD/Nvidia are about to oblidge.

Soldato
Looks like fullscreen mode is broken. Borderless windowed mode is very consistent for me.

In fullscreen mode you also get this weird issue sometimes where it is actually rendering at a lower resolution than the one set. Like in the DF video, flicking to borderless and back again fixes it.

However, in borderless mode I have found all stutter is gone, even in the benchmark where I was consistently getting it every 10 seconds or so when in full screen mode.

Man of Honour
Fullscreen is broken, well partially. If you exit the game and load back up you have to ALT+ENTER to reclaim fullscreen mode.

Dropped to 2560x1080 out of curiosity for the benchmark and got this:

HCeYosS.jpg

So the mion fps is definitely registering the first few loading frames as nowhere during the benchmark does the motion fps drop below 50.

Put it back to 3440.

Associate
Getting 30fps, on performance preset at 2560 x 1440 :(

Think I'll wait till I pickup a new GPU before I start playing this.

Man of Honour
I haven’t gotten very far. I’m just wandering between side quests and getting distracted. That’s generally a good sign for me. Performance has stabilised with textures and models on ultra and everything else on high. It could do with a few patches, but I’m really enjoying it. The soundtrack is brilliant.

Soldato
Playing mouse and keyboard feels weird, needed the mouse sensitivity turned right up to start with. Feels like Aloy is drunk and continually pushing against the controls, don’t recall it feeling like that on PS4.

I'm not getting that at all. Mouse movement feels fine - you don't have a gamepad or other controller active and interfering with the controls do you?

Soldato
I bought this on Ps4 cheap but I'm useless with a controller, however on PC this is brilliant so much easier to fight and aim.

The gfx settings are a bit weird, kind of get the same performance on ultra as I do low?

Runs great, no problems so far it and I've used reshade to add a bit more colour.

Soldato
Seems my texture issue was down to the shader compilation process on first run using up nearly 20gig's of memory and not releasing it once the process is complete, after restarting the game everything seems to be running okay now.

Performance isn't as bad as the DF review made it out to be, it does have some glaring issues that need to be fixed though, the 30fps pre rendered cut scenes stick out like a sore thumb as do the 30fps facial animations on real time rendered cutscenes.

Soldato
My Performance just took a nose dive down to 30fps I going to give this week away let the devs hopefully work some magic or if they can not fix it leave a bad review and play it on RDNA 2 when that comes out and maybe brut force it haa Its defo not ready for release but i'll give them a chance to fix it. I only paid £20 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom