Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
As a steadfast M&K person, how is it without a controller? Easily playable without having to use fifteen different buttons?

It's fine. I also play all games M&K (I have a controller, just never use it). The aiming is probably easier with M&K. The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the radial menu for choosing ammunition type. These sorts of menus are always aimed at controllers, but once you get used to it then it's fine with M&K. Everything else, UI etc, is as you'd expect.

Man of Honour
No just use the latest current version (3.6.0). The game is old enough though that it probably won't make much difference however. Just use it for its AA benefits if anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's fine. I also play all games M&K (I have a controller, just never use it). The aiming is probably easier with M&K. The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the radial menu for choosing ammunition type. These sorts of menus are always aimed at controllers, but once you get used to it then it's fine with M&K. Everything else, UI etc, is as you'd expect.
Yeah, that's true about the madial menu. But to be honest the gripe it raises isn't the menu itself - it's the having to limit yourself in each encounter to which 4 weapons you think will be most useful. Of course you can swap others in and out but it's a bit of a faff.

Soldato
Would have to use Steam's gyro to mouse input for that to work, not tried it yet as don't have HZD installed currently but it won't be any different in camera speed of turning for obvious reasons!
I dont think that works in this game, using controller inputs seems to briefly lock out mouse so have to use gyro 'As Joystick'. It still works but not as good as 'As Mouse'
Of course could bind all of the controller to keyboard inputs if really wanted that gyro as mouse :)

Edit: Using a DS4 controller but the mouse and keyboard works perfectly well in this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
i bought a ps4 pro for this game........... then never played it byond the 1st hr or so............ i then bought the DLC.......... and never played that either!.

however i finally started it over the weekend just gone.

mechanically its just like any number of ubisoft titles but i have to admit it is a hell of a looker esp for its age, and the way it is put together just feels a step up from the ubisoft gaming template... I think its better than anything ubisoft have made.

i was about to rage on 1st loading up as it was trying to sell me the DLC, however when i clicked the link to buy it it was already on my account, i just needed to install it......

i hope to finish it this time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought this yesterday for £8.09 from cdkeys.com as even though I played this on the PS4 when it first came out, I hadn't realised how long ago that was.

One thing I remembered, and really liked, is the transition from you Kid Alloy to Adult Alloy when she started and ended a jump.

I never played the expansion so am looking forward to that as I bought the complete edition.

I tried it on my LG OLED TV and have to say it looks good in HDR but I'll play this one mainly on my HDR monitor where it also looks good.

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
I picked this up last week on a cheap key from CD keys. Fun so far and no issues with mouse and keyboard so far either. It looks very nice. Less than 6 hours in mind you!

Back
Top Bottom