******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
The problem with games that take years and years is graphics. You couldn’t get away with a game who’s graphics were cutting edge five years ago and release it now so you end up having to redo it which just adds to the delay. This does look good but I think at some point someone has to tell Roberts ‘enough, no more feature creep, no more great ideas about adding x or y, we need to freeze it, work with what we have and then release. The other stuff can be added later.

Graphics in this game are evolving all the time, it was a very different looking game even from 2017 and it looked very different then to what it did in 2014.

You can also see the progression in hero landing zone building tech, Port Olisar first tho the interior there has had several facelifts, Grim Hex next, then Levski, then Loreville, then Area 18 and finally New Babbage.

Look at New Babbage, especially at dusk its stunning.

Ok Red Dead Redemption 2 is the new benchmark for Graphics and it is gorgeous but its a very different game on a very different scale, there is a reason large scale space games unusually look a bit flat and while nice clearly 10 year old tech like Elite Dangerous or cartoon like No Man's sky, its extremely difficult, near impossible to make a photo realistic looking game on the scale of SC and even its fiercest critics admit SC looks stunning.

SC's graphics are evolving with the times.

I mean come on.... this is 2016

The latest...

Caporegime
Graphics in this game are evolving all the time, it was a very different looking game even from 2017 and it looked very different then to what it did in 2014.

You can also see the progression in hero landing zone building tech, Port Olisar first tho the interior there has had several facelifts, Grim Hex next, then Levski, then Loreville, then Area 18 and finally New Babbage.

Ok Red Dead Redemption 2 is the new benchmark for Graphics and it is gorgeous but its a very different game on a very different scale, there is a reason large scale space games unusually look a bit flat and while nice clearly 10 year old tech like Elite Dangerous or cartoon like No Man's sky, its extremely difficult, near impossible to make a photo realistic looking game on the scale of SC and even its fiercest critics admit SC looks stunning.

The latest...

Well said. The new lighting on 3.10 is sensational

That’s exactly what I mean. With development taking so long the graphics need to keep being updated to keep it looking modern. All that development time takes away from actually pushing the game towards completion. Or at least release.

Soldato
It doesn't annoy me I find it a source of constant amusement. I might be annoyed If i'd thrown money away on it though.

:D
every little whinge you make w/ the tone that you're taking it all personally, indicates differently. the fact that you have nothing more interesting in your life to occupy yourself other than haunting threads w/ a view to trying to make other people annoyed says a lot about you, to be honest.

Associate
So then - whats happened to Chris Roberts and family.

Not been seen or heard of for months - has he been removed along with his awful wife and the brother ?

I queried this on the official forum - my post got deleted by a mod literally seconds after posting it.....

Soldato
That’s exactly what I mean. With development taking so long the graphics need to keep being updated to keep it looking modern. All that development time takes away from actually pushing the game towards completion. Or at least release.
One minute you said the graphics will be outdated and next you say, `it takes too long updating graphics`

Associate
im hopeful they will be able to patch up the quality as it goes along, or it will never last a decent amount of time
several games have done this in the past so fingers crossed
but they have already ended up doing multiple passes on ships, that im sure will continue (along with a sale each time)
cant wait to see the gas clouds

Soldato

The latest...

To be honest, it kinda lost its "wow" factor. While it does still look good, with the new consoles, games in general are starting to catch up. Who knows, maybe they're stalling so they can release it on consoles as well! :p

PS: Waiting for full Ray/Path Tracing implementation. :D

Soldato
There have been comments that they will look at implementing raytracing in the future when the hardware is more ubiquitous and performance adequate. Probably good to avoid yet more feature creep in the meantime lol.

To be honest they do such a good job on their lighting that I think one of the few tangible benefits of raytracing in the near term would just be adding ray traced reflections anyway.

Soldato
every little whinge you make w/ the tone that you're taking it all personally, indicates differently. the fact that you have nothing more interesting in your life to occupy yourself other than haunting threads w/ a view to trying to make other people annoyed says a lot about you, to be honest.

Oh stop crying you big baby, if you can't accept valid criticism you'd be better off on Spectrum.

Soldato
New 3.10.1 patch in PTU!

incoming on LIVE

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...-citizen-alpha-3-10-1-ptu-5825511-patch-notes

Feature Updates
AI
  • Added updated bartenders and patrons to Rest Stop bars.
Gameplay
  • Ship targeting UI updates
Added closure rate for ships that are targeted. Added reticle and pip animation indicating fire solution. Removed outline effects from targeted ship.

Ships and Vehicles
  • Reverted Banu Defender back to normal default setup.
  • Added manual interaction to the Internal doors in the Avenger series to help with players logging back in not being able to get through the doors.
Weapons and Items
  • Temporarily converted Tachyon weapons into normal energy cannons.

Bug Fixes
  • Locations and portions of locations should no longer stream in slowly or fail to stream in at all.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the Greycat ROC to not pick up every mined gem with the tractor beam.
  • Greycat ROC storage should now show the correct amount of minerals collected to the nearest decimal point.
  • Mineable resources should no longer shift or move when hit with a vehicle.
  • Changing Undersuits with Legs Armor Equipped will no longer make a Players Equipped Side Arm or Utility Items appear between their feet.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing ships that flew into the autopilot / kill zone to be flown back to the spaceport before exploding.
  • Area18 landing splines should no longer destroy the player's ship on occasion.
  • Fixed an issue causing multiple drop-off delivery missions to not have all 3 drop-off locations.
  • Outpost building at Shubin Mining Facility SMO-13 should no longer be placed too high above ground which was preventing players from entering.
  • Weapons will no longer float near the players back, if they unequip either the Pembroke or Novikov suit and then equip any torso armor.
  • The external elevator screens at the New Babbage Spaceport Metro Loop should no longer be misaligned.
  • Fixed an issue causing Bartenders to get stuck trying to pick up dirty drinks.
  • Upper and lower turret seats in the Caterpillar should now have collision.
  • Camera should no longer slowly pan through the ship interior at the end of an Arena Commander match.
  • Equipping any attachment to a weapon using the inner thought should no longer cause the attachment to sit in the players hand.
  • The 890 jump medical bed "Set preffered ICU" prompt should now be visible without having to lay down in the bed.
  • Player and Ship Art will no longer become offset from the Ship when a player exits the Ship after Exiting Pilot Seat during QT.
  • Fixed multipled reversed decals on the Hornet series.
  • Landing wrench icon should no longer display on a landing pad when spawning a ship.
  • The Open and Close Interaction Mode Prompts on the Rear Interior Door of the cutlass Red and Blue should no longer appear reversed.

Back
Top Bottom