Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Freesync is making the game stutter like crazy for me and my Vega 64 is not doing so well. It is very weird cause the performance of the game varies with each reboot of the game. One launch will have tolerable performance and the next not so much.

Soldato
It's running fine for me at 4K with most settings on high as I can keep it within my Freesync range of 40-60 FPS.

R7 3900X
32GB DDR 3766
RTX 2080

It's a game that almost instantly had be gripped with the excellent character development and the gameplay is good.

Soldato
It's crashed a few times for me over the last day. No idea why as before it's been very stable. Not had any peformance issues though, and still really enjoying it.

Soldato
Freesync is making the game stutter like crazy for me and my Vega 64 is not doing so well. It is very weird cause the performance of the game varies with each reboot of the game. One launch will have tolerable performance and the next not so much.

OK game sounds good but I'm on a Vega 64 too so I think I'll wait til hopefully that gets fixed. I can't be dealing with performance issues at my age anymore!

Man of Honour
Its certainly got a great story and delivered very well - probably up there with the best of them. I'm nearly done, but I'm going to do more side quests before finishing. Had a few more crashes, but it autosaves frequently, so nothing lost.

Soldato
OK game sounds good but I'm on a Vega 64 too so I think I'll wait til hopefully that gets fixed. I can't be dealing with performance issues at my age anymore!

If you have watched Hardware unboxed coverage of the game @1440p you can add about 10+ fps to their Vega 64 result and you have my Nitro+'s result. Don't really understand why but their Vega results are always **** poor.

Associate
I'm about 10 hours in now. Got distracted with side stuff. The first time you climb a walker is quite the spectacle.

Seems to be running smoother the more I play, which is odd.

Soldato
Its certainly got a great story and delivered very well - probably up there with the best of them. I'm nearly done, but I'm going to do more side quests before finishing. Had a few more crashes, but it autosaves frequently, so nothing lost.

How many hours have you played?

Caporegime
I'm loving it and apart from the tedious 15 minute setup right at the beginning, it's running pretty really well on my modest GTX1070, Ryzen 3600, and 16GB 3200 RAM at 1440p on a 32" gsync monitor. Mostly hovers around 50fps which is fine but gets a bit stuttery in bandit camps for reasons I'm not clear on. Anyway, great story, the character development is actually pretty impressive for a videogame, and it gives that sense of "ah, just another 20 minutes" which turn into hours :)

Caporegime
I'm probably noticing more flaws the second time around playing it (originally completed on PS4 in 2018)

Combat against humans is bad, the stealth system needs improvement in the next game and you often find yourself just jumping up and down during combat to activate slow-mo, whilst you fire off arrows.

But I'm still enjoying being in the World again. The storyline is genuinely quite decent

Associate
I have played a few hours on 2 different PC's, with no crashes to date - 9700k with a 2080 and a 4790k with a 1660Ti.

I do find on both machines after exiting the game, it remains active in task manager as a process, and I have to end the task to exit it if I wish to reload, though it is not visible otherwise, but continues to use full resources.

Soldato
If anyone is using a Steam Controller, someone has figured out analogue gamepad movement along with mouse / gyro aiming, and it works very well :

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/i8olm0/horizon_zero_dawn_with_gyro_aiming_on_pc/

You need to be on the Steam beta client for it to work

Only thing I altered was the left grip binding from jump to run.

Left grip for jump still works while aiming for the slo-mo benefits ( as long as your game isn't already bugged on that )

Associate
£26 on Kinguin at the moment. Sounds like the performance is hit and miss though so i imagine this may drop fairly substantially in price in a few months?

Man of Honour
Finished the main story. Few games have gripped me that much. Absolutely brilliant. The story, the telling of it, the soundtrack, the characters, the machines. Only a few crashes, performance was great throughout after the starting area. One of my favourite games of all time.

Back
Top Bottom