• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
got Haribo in my parcel today, was ordering stuffs from OcUK for my brother’s next computer. Think won’t see any in my Strix parcel as it seem to be boxed up at ASUS so they cannot insert the haribo unless you are also adding other stuffs.

now about to build 2nd custom water loop. My first one is pretty extreme as it’s two loops in Razer 011 case

Associate
Regarding the Strix 3090 and 3080 (oc or not), there is an issue with what seems to be all of them, where the shroud will buzz when the GPU reaches a certain temp and the fans reach a certain RPM, looks like ASUS are now aware and asking for details for the people effected (basically everyone with these cards, a few don't have the issue), so be aware, at around 72% fan with a temp of around 70deg, it will buzz, and its really really really annoying.

Example seen here from another card owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cUDftttNuw

Luckily I undervolted my card so temps or fans never reach those numbers, but still.

Caporegime
It's bizarre how temp sensitive these are. A couple of degrees can see a 10% clock drop. Trying to keep it about 60 seems the sweet spot.

Its every 5C drops the max available boost by 15Mhz. The boost will fluctuate anyway.

Ideally you want to keep it below 50C (need water) as that is when the 15Mhz for every 5c drop comes in.

Below 50C you still gain but its not 15mhz every 5C

Associate
RTX-3090.jpg

she is finally here!

Now to rip it apart and put my EK Waterblock on it :D

Last edited:
Associate
Its every 5C drops the max available boost by 15Mhz. The boost will fluctuate anyway.

Ideally you want to keep it below 50C (need water) as that is when the 15Mhz for every 5c drop comes in.

Mine seems way out there. At 62 it's rock solid at 2010 but if it goes to 65 it drops to the 1850'ish and fluctuates like a mofo. Need to faff about more as haven't done anything with it yet beyond fan curves.

Soldato
Regarding the Strix 3090 and 3080 (oc or not), there is an issue with what seems to be all of them, where the shroud will buzz when the GPU reaches a certain temp and the fans reach a certain RPM, looks like ASUS are now aware and asking for details for the people effected (basically everyone with these cards, a few don't have the issue), so be aware, at around 72% fan with a temp of around 70deg, it will buzz, and its really really really annoying.

Example seen here from another card owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cUDftttNuw

Luckily I undervolted my card so temps or fans never reach those numbers, but still.

Seems like some Blu Tack will help with that issue, geeze not good really.. Maybe just needs the shroud reseating too or it's screwed on too tight.

Associate
Congrats bud, what number were you in the queue at the beginning? :)

Cheers.
93rd IIRC.....seems so long ago. Ordered just after the orders went live etc

Will be glad to get off the merry-go-round all the same. Have had the opportunity to get a couple models in that time, but decided to stick it out as I wasn't in a major rush as such.

Associate

Is it the power limit on the 3090 that limits the boost i wish i

I have the Gaming pro 3090 from Palit it has a low power limit if i did a custom fan curve and kept it a bit cooler will it boost better because it does not boost very well it runs at about 74 degrees.

Caporegime
Is it the power limit on the 3090 that limits the boost i wish i

I have the Gaming pro 3090 from Palit it has a low power limit if i did a custom fan curve and kept it a bit cooler will it boost better because it does not boost very well it runs at about 74 degrees.

Yeah which is why sometimes undervolting and hence reducing heat leads to be bigger overclock and boost

Associate
Got a Timespy Demo graphics score of 18685 out of the box with my 3090 FE. Is that any good? seeing people get 20k+. Overall score was 14325 with a Ryzen 3600

Last edited:
Associate
Friday 13th Queue position 132 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Back
Top Bottom