• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
In what way are they different? The price is the price that it is in Europe and we still are (for now). Point is both Germany and France had them at £1495 inc VAT. No way should they be anymore than that in the UK.

Plus a UK retailer could just buy them from the Asus shop in France and Germany and get them shipped over so they wouldnt be happy that the main distributor was charging more than the retail shop was.

I may be wrong when it comes to consumer products, but I know on the business side of IT that vendors have different prices for different countries (Europe doesn't have homogenous pricing across all countries)....so for example Cisco products are far cheaper to buy in Germany than it is in the UK...and as part of this to be a partner or an official reseller of a particular brand, you aren't allowed to buy from cheaper countries.....the term of which is called Grey market trading...hence why we generally pay far more in the UK than elsewhere.

Not saying thats the case here btw, as im just speculating.

Associate
No news today then, nearly another week gone. Seeing everyonelse getting cards from elsewhere im seriously considering cancelling and just waiting for my money back then ordering from elsewhere. Im getting tired of waiting, Asus say they got more coming but thats yet to be proven and ocuk say nothing to any of us on here. The funny thing is we all rushed to get our orders in on release day n yet wed of been better off to have sat on our money and waited, that way it would be sat in our pockets and not ocuks. I have learnt a lot from this absolute $%^& up

Associate
Generally takes a few days unless you publicly announce you won't be on the forums anymore, then it can between 6 months and 3 years apparently ;)
They’ll be refunding a lot more than what I paid if they take anywhere near that long , don’t they’d risk getting sued for a forum post ;).

Associate
Got an MSI 3090 X TRIO being delivered tomorrow from another UK shop. They very briefly had the 3090
Strix available too today but I couldn't get one in my basket before they sold out :(

So I am at 359 here in the queue for the Strix but getting the X Trio delivered tomorrow.... It was a bit of an impulse/panic purchase as I was so close to getting the Strix. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the Strix but my patience for waiting is running out ;)

Anyone got any thoughts on the MSI ? I am planning to put the Alphacool block on it and shunt mod to raise the power limit. The reviews look ok for the X Trio but just wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with this card?

EDIT: Just to add, it's coming with Call of Duty code and the 1 year Geforce Now promo

Caporegime
Got an MSI 3090 X TRIO being delivered tomorrow from another UK shop. They very briefly had the 3090
Strix available too today but I couldn't get one in my basket before they sold out :(

So I am at 359 here in the queue for the Strix but getting the X Trio delivered tomorrow.... It was a bit of an impulse/panic purchase as I was so close to getting the Strix. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the Strix but my patience for waiting is running out ;)

Anyone got any thoughts on the MSI ? I am planning to put the Alphacool block on it and shunt mod to raise the power limit. The reviews look ok for the X Trio but just wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with this card?

EDIT: Just to add, it's coming with Call of Duty code and the 1 year Geforce Now promo

AFAIK you dont need to shunt mod it, just flash it with the EVGA 500W bios and it unleashes the maximum 500W on the MSI. ANd then if you got lucky with the silicon lottery, you will have one of the fastest 3090s out there.

On the EVGA forums people are complaining that MSI gaming perform better than the Ultra FTW cards. People arent happy.

Associate
Thanks Greebo that's good to know, if I can do it with a bios flash that should be way simpler! My fingers are crossed on the lottery too :)

Associate
Thank you mate!

I kind of feel the same. At least in pictures seems like the FE has a better overall quality. And the fact that is exhaust half of the air outside the case is a plus for me.

Does anyone else have anything to add? Anything in favour of the EVGA to consider that one?

I'd have the EVGA FTW3 Ultra over the FE, not sure where the better quality bit comes from, EVGA cards are high end products, and the EVGA boosts higher than the FE.

Associate
EVGA have shot themselves in the foot this time around, go watch Buildzoid’s video analysis and you’ll see how they cheaped out on the 30xx cards.
And I’m one that I regarded EVGA along with Asus the more premium of the GPU manufacturers. In fact I bought a 3090 evga on release and immediately sold it 1 day later at cost (now waiting on a TUF OC)

Associate
So what did the 3090 EVGA fail to deliver on hence you selling it a day later ?
Power limited performance (by design) and it appears hardware limited again by design, also lower than expected performance for similarly priced cards. I do appreciate EVGA's approach on user support though and the extended warranty they offer. But personally being limited to either the XC3 or the TUF 3090's (the only ones that would fit in my case/system and have the highest performance) the TUF OC is the only one that (hopefully) fit's my "bill".

Soldato
Good choice and you get both codes with it as well. Stick the EVGA 500W bios on it and you have one of the fastest cards out there.
Cheers, that's an interesting tip - I will investigate, but where did you read about this and applying to MSI cards so I can do my own research? I'm always hesitant to flash a BIOS, but even more so as I've never done it when it's a different manufacturer.

Also, good luck with your order.

No news today then, nearly another week gone. Seeing everyone else getting cards from elsewhere im seriously considering cancelling and just waiting for my money back then ordering from elsewhere. Im getting tired of waiting, Asus say they got more coming but thats yet to be proven and ocuk say nothing to any of us on here. The funny thing is we all rushed to get our orders in on release day n yet wed of been better off to have sat on our money and waited, that way it would be sat in our pockets and not ocuks. I have learnt a lot from this absolute $%^& up

Partially luck of the draw, I think. The manufacturer outputs, distribution routes and store allocations seem to be all over the place. Asus seems to be in a bad place, which is odd considering they are normally leaders of the pack.

But yeah, I wouldn't be happy if I had pre-ordered, given what has gone on the last few weeks. I held firm and decided not to pre-order this time as a result of my last experience buying a 1080 back in 2016. The delays weren't nearly as bad as they are this time around.

I wish you and everyone else luck, and I wouldn't be afraid to order somewhere else and cancel when you get the chance.

Caporegime
Cheers, that's an interesting tip - I will investigate, but where did you read about this and applying to MSI cards so I can do my own research? I'm always hesitant to flash a BIOS, but even more so as I've never done it when it's a different manufacturer.

Also, good luck with your order.

Partially luck of the draw, I think. The manufacturer outputs, distribution routes and store allocations seem to be all over the place. Asus seems to be in a bad place, which is odd considering they are normally leaders of the pack.

But yeah, I wouldn't be happy if I had pre-ordered, given what has gone on the last few weeks. I held firm and decided not to pre-order this time as a result of my last experience buying a 1080 back in 2016. The delays weren't nearly as bad as they are this time around.

I wish you and everyone else luck, and I wouldn't be afraid to order somewhere else and cancel when you get the chance.

bizarrely enough, best to read about it on the Evga forums.

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3090-FTW3-XOC-BIOS-BETA-m3124192-p39.aspx

one guy even does a roundup review of several 3090 with the Evga bios and the MSI performed the best and was the coolest so he kept the msi and sent the Evga and strix back!

quite a few ftw ultra buyers have sent their cards back and bought the cheaper msi instead.

Associate
Nor have EVGA, from the Buildzoid vid he stated it was based on ref. but they could have improved things (based on the price), so I'm not sure where they 'cheaped out' and made it inferior.

Caporegime
I think it's more in comparison with the Asus Strix models which seem to be very well built.

And the TUF. Asus really went to town on the TUF card and over engineered it. At the launch price that was the best buy AIB card.

I see the stock drought must be finally over. One Uk retailer had almost every 3090 in stock last night and even this morning they still have around 5 models still all in stock including the MSI. They must have got delivered a motherload yesterday.

Associate
Guys, I see that some 3090 here have a sign saying pre-order, and other have signs saying stock x-y. But the strix ones don’t have neither of them signs. Are they on stock or not?
Thats a we have too many preorders to do for this particular card so pre-order is closed for that. The ones that show pre-order have smaller queue and in stock there is stock

Back
Top Bottom