** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Trying out Inside since it was recently free on Epic Games and in certain sections (water level leading up to the beach) I get scanlines over the entire image and some pretty awful flickering. First time I've experienced flickering really since the VRR firmware update and even then, it used to only happen to me when games got near 60fps. This seems to run consistently at 240fps.

Soldato
Keep on checking in on this thread to see when the issues have been sorted, seems as bad as ever. Shame as I am ready to buy.
'Im waiting on a collection for a bug behind the screen and Samsung online have told me they will need to quarantine my monitor since coming from UK then go an inspection hub and then I can get a replacement so can take up to a month

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Really wish this was slightly less curved, would have definitely bought it.

Guess ill just wait for the G10/G11 in hopes that they change this

Associate
Had mine delivered yesterday, love it so far.

most games run flawlessly but some do need tweaking to get the most out of them.

Farcry 5 is unbelievable in HDR for instance but can’t get Shadow of the Tomb Raider to look as good in HDR as it looks washed out.

Guessing with the huge range of settings it’s trial an error but in every case games run great in 32:9, would be hard to go back to 16:9

Soldato
Had mine delivered yesterday, love it so far.

most games run flawlessly but some do need tweaking to get the most out of them.

Farcry 5 is unbelievable in HDR for instance but can’t get Shadow of the Tomb Raider to look as good in HDR as it looks washed out.

Guessing with the huge range of settings it’s trial an error but in every case games run great in 32:9, would be hard to go back to 16:9
Hi what kind of settings/tweaking did you do for HDR as it looks rubbish when I enable it lol

Soldato
They are really twitchy about changing into HDR mode, if the game supports native HDR without having to turn it on manually in windows, then it looks ok.

Immortals Fenyx Rising looks amazing in HDR.

Soldato
Is buying the G90 (120Hz, less curved, 4ms refresh etc) a bad idea? Seems everyone is buying the G95 but 240Hz is a pipedream at these resolutions for me, so may just be worth saving the money?

Associate
Is buying the G90 (120Hz, less curved, 4ms refresh etc) a bad idea? Seems everyone is buying the G95 but 240Hz is a pipedream at these resolutions for me, so may just be worth saving the money?

It’s so much more than that mate. Yes gaming at a high resolution is part of it, but the responsive speed and low black smearing is much more of a benefit, also don’t underestimate how 240hz can improve your general day to day pc usage outside of gaming.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

It’s so much more than that mate. Yes gaming at a high resolution is part of it, but the responsive speed and low black smearing is much more of a benefit, also don’t underestimate how 240hz can improve your general day to day pc usage outside of gaming.

How are the colours in comparison? Are the blacks better?

Only issue I have is that it seemed too curved, I would rather it didnt curve as much

Associate
How are the colours in comparison? Are the blacks better?

Only issue I have is that it seemed too curved, I would rather it didnt curve as much

OK, so I have owned the G7 32 inch for a month now or longer. The curve is perfect if you are sitting straight on, monitor can be close or a full 80cm desk away it just feels natural and great for all types of gaming and general web browsing, Youtube/Netflix etc etc. Its strange, when you stand up and look at the monitor from the side, the curve looks insane, but sit in front of it and it feels so mild, I think this is because its so natural and your eyes are the same distance from middle screen to the sides.

The colours are rich and vibrant, made even better by the fact the contrast is so much better than on TN/IPS screens, images and games "pop" more and greater detail in darker areas of games.

I upgraded from a 120hz TN panel, and the feeling of smoothness even on the desktop, browsing, using youtube, scrolling text is insane, its just like butter in comparison. I have dropped down to 144hz too, and you can FEEL the difference, 240hz is an upgrade over even 144hz for sure and a noticeable one. The panel response is very very fast, I cannot feel or tell any difference to my TN panel, so the response times are I would say "competitive" gaming level, same goes for input lag, its just not noticeable its so tiny, like 2ms?, once again, elite gaming territory. They really did an amazing job with the VA panel, finally the benefits of speed from TN, and colours from IPS and contrast from VA. Oh, and the screen has an anti reflective coating, I had a glossy TN panel, which helped it look good, but the eye strain from reflections was a nightmare. This coating is just right, not too aggressive, the image still pops and is clear and not blurry at all, but reflections and light from windows are muted and all you see is the image or game and its much much more enjoyable because of it.

Its perfect size for 32 inch screen, 1440p works great here, you have an easier resolution to drive for high fps, text is still clear to read but also easier, I am getting older now so my eyes appreciate the slightly bigger clearer text to read. I do not notice any pixels when sitting around 2 feet from eyes to middle screen.

Hope this helps, I strongly recommend this screen for those that will be viewing head on, want great colours, great blacks, TN like response times and feel, zero input lag and 240hz to be a little more future proofed, meaning your system can grow to push higher fps. But just to be clear, the panel feels superb even when gaming at 90fps, because Samsung have tuned the overdrive so well, the adaptive sync/gsync works REALLY well, games just feel instant and responsive regardless of 240fps or 60 fps. Even Hardware Unboxed, when they reviewed this monitor, said that Samsung have tuned this panel perfectly to the limits, it can happily be used at a single setting of overdrive at any HZ, 60,120,144,240hz and the performance is the same, perfect and on the edge of what it can do.

Cheers,

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OK, so I have owned the G7 32 inch for a month now or longer. The curve is perfect if you are sitting straight on, monitor can be close or a full 80cm desk away it just feels natural and great for all types of gaming and general web browsing, Youtube/Netflix etc etc. Its strange, when you stand up and look at the monitor from the side, the curve looks insane, but sit in front of it and it feels so mild, I think this is because its so natural and your eyes are the same distance from middle screen to the sides.

The colours are rich and vibrant, made even better by the fact the contrast is so much better than on TN/IPS screens, images and games "pop" more and greater detail in darker areas of games.

I upgraded from a 120hz TN panel, and the feeling of smoothness even on the desktop, browsing, using youtube, scrolling text is insane, its just like butter in comparison. I have dropped down to 144hz too, and you can FEEL the difference, 240hz is an upgrade over even 144hz for sure and a noticeable one. The panel response is very very fast, I cannot feel or tell any difference to my TN panel, so the response times are I would say "competitive" gaming level, same goes for input lag, its just not noticeable its so tiny, like 2ms?, once again, elite gaming territory. They really did an amazing job with the VA panel, finally the benefits of speed from TN, and colours from IPS and contrast from VA. Oh, and the screen has an anti reflective coating, I had a glossy TN panel, which helped it look good, but the eye strain from reflections was a nightmare. This coating is just right, not too aggressive, the image still pops and is clear and not blurry at all, but reflections and light from windows are muted and all you see is the image or game and its much much more enjoyable because of it.

Its perfect size for 32 inch screen, 1440p works great here, you have an easier resolution to drive for high fps, text is still clear to read but also easier, I am getting older now so my eyes appreciate the slightly bigger clearer text to read. I do not notice any pixels when sitting around 2 feet from eyes to middle screen.

Hope this helps, I strongly recommend this screen for those that will be viewing head on, want great colours, great blacks, TN like response times and feel, zero input lag and 240hz to be a little more future proofed, meaning your system can grow to push higher fps. But just to be clear, the panel feels superb even when gaming at 90fps, because Samsung have tuned the overdrive so well, the adaptive sync/gsync works REALLY well, games just feel instant and responsive regardless of 240fps or 60 fps. Even Hardware Unboxed, when they reviewed this monitor, said that Samsung have tuned this panel perfectly to the limits, it can happily be used at a single setting of overdrive at any HZ, 60,120,144,240hz and the performance is the same, perfect and on the edge of what it can do.

Cheers,

Excellent response, thanks for the help man!

I was flipping anf flopping whether to get one or not, but im definitely convinced now! Just gonna wait for a good deal and get it when I can

Back
Top Bottom