• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PUBLIC FORUM DEAL - SAPPHIRE 6700 XT NITRO ONLY £529.99 with VOUCHER CODE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It was clearly stated no purchases for friends and family, that is understandable in my opinion, as its a bit funny there is suddenly a flood of people this generation wanting to buy expensive gpus for family.

Ya lol hmm I'd never buy a 500pound gpu for a friend/family member.

Associate
It would have been due to accidentally failing to put the code in, most likely. That or overexcitement at seeing the "Add to basket" button and not focusing on the displayed price :p

Associate
Quite a few chuckles from reading through the posts today dobbing people in. Good sleuthing everyone.
And nice to see a retailer taking the time to try and get at least some stock to legit customers. Cant say I’ve seen anyone doing this

Soldato
Quite a few chuckles from reading through the posts today dobbing people in. Good sleuthing everyone.
And nice to see a retailer taking the time to try and get at least some stock to legit customers. Cant say I’ve seen anyone doing this

OCUK only reached the size it did, in no small part thanks to this active community, and as such ensuring the community has some kind of reward in such dire circumstances is the right thing to do.

It is just a shame that it has got to this stage in the first place, but first world problems hey.

Associate
Bit late to the positivity party, but cannot thank the OcUK staff enough for the chance to get this card! Been looking for an upgrade from this gen to replace my ageing 970 for a couple of months now. No way I would have got one this side of Christmas at such a great-for-how-the-world-is-at-the-minute price. Sucks that your brilliant idea seems to have been taken advantage of by the wrong kind of people, but just know you have made at least one gamer very, very happy!

Associate
My 6700xt shipped so looking forward to an upgrade from my aging 1070 gaming x, would also like to say its amazing that Overclockers is trying to help gamer`s get cards

Associate
Bit late to the positivity party, but cannot thank the OcUK staff enough for the chance to get this card! Been looking for an upgrade from this gen to replace my ageing 970 for a couple of months now. No way I would have got one this side of Christmas at such a great-for-how-the-world-is-at-the-minute price. Sucks that your brilliant idea seems to have been taken advantage of by the wrong kind of people, but just know you have made at least one gamer very, very happy!

You and me are in the same boat brother... No more 970gtx... Well mine gets religated to my backup system.

Man of Honour
I am not into Scalping or trying to make a profit out of a hardware shortage.

Having said that I can not believe having read this thread and others how incredibly stupid and greedy some of the Scalpers are.

It is not hard to buy a GPU and then sell it on for profit without getting caught but it does take a little common sense.

I don't think there are any Mr Bigs of the criminal underworld lurking in the GPU forums lol.

For the record I have not bought any GPUs for the last few months and probably won't until the shortage is over.

Associate
Got a 5900x on the way, I really hope I'll be able to pick up a gpu at some point so I dont have to pair it with my current 750ti LOL! But really awesome to see how OcUK are handling this situation - massive props to the team!

Associate
I have been trying to purchase a graphics card for some weeks now and only because of OC’s method of selling them has meant that I can finally get hold of one.
Many thanks and be rest assured not every one got snapped up to resell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom