US police thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Behavioural controls are always low down the hierarchy when removing a hazard for the very reason that they don't have the efficacy of other control methods. Training reduces the incidence of mistakes but it should never be expected to remove them.

Soldato
That's insane that a company thinks it's ok to post something like that. They are calling for defunding the police, let's hope they never need the police in the future I guess.

Man of Honour
doesn't entirely take away from the fact that a negligent mistake led to someone's death.

If only it was that simple.

What lead to his death was a mixture of resisting arrest, poor handling of the suspect (it looked like their training in general could do with improvement) which increased the chances he could make a break for it as well as the negligent mistake. Looking at the footage however there was plenty of time for her to identify what she was pointing at the suspect as she tried to get a clear line to taser him and also that she appears to think she is applying the taser, while holding a gun, for a few moments before the actual shot. There was 2 chances for him to have lived before the accidental shooting.

Soldato
Why do people always gloss over the fact that these black people that die are usually career criminals resisting arrest, not some innocent angelic black dude just minding his own business like everyone makes out they are after the event?

Soldato
What I don't like seeing on social media is a private billon dollar company promoting anarchy while stirring up racial tension.

Agreed, this isn't helping the situation especially given there's no evidence of racism as far as I can see.

Shameless behaviour by Ben and Jerry's from a company who's clearly happy to exploit a person's death to sell a few more overpriced tubs of ice cream!

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do people always gloss over the fact that these black people that die are usually career criminals resisting arrest, not some innocent angelic black dude just minding his own business like everyone makes out they are after the event?
Because if you call it like that you get labelled a racist. If I have to hear one more person talk about George flloyd like he was an angel... Yes what was happened was terrible and the officers deserved to get changed but if you resist arrest like that latest killing then you're flipping a coin imo...

Soldato
Soldato
Because if you call it like that you get labelled a racist. If I have to hear one more person talk about George flloyd like he was an angel... Yes what was happened was terrible and the officers deserved to get changed but if you resist arrest like that latest killing then you're flipping a coin imo...

People run from the police all the time, I ran from the police once as a teenager. Running from the police if you aren't armed should never be a death sentence. Fight or flight is built into us, some people for whatever reason decide to flight. He didn't deserve to die, he shouldn't have died.

Soldato
People run from the police all the time, I ran from the police once as a teenager. Running from the police if you aren't armed should never be a death sentence. Fight or flight is built into us, some people for whatever reason decide to flight. He didn't deserve to die, he

I don't think his victim in the aggrevated robbery with a deadly weapon case deserved to have a gun pointed at her and fear for her life either...but no-one mentions that as it doesn't suit their narrative

Soldato
Because that’s how far they have to stoop to fulfil the black victimhood narrative.

Soldato
People run from the police all the time, I ran from the police once as a teenager. Running from the police if you aren't armed should never be a death sentence. Fight or flight is built into us, some people for whatever reason decide to flight. He didn't deserve to die, he shouldn't have died.
Yeah but would you run away from a police officer if they have weapons drawn? Would you lean and grab something from your glove box with a gun pointed at you? People bitch about the cops having itchy trigger fingers and the resist arrest. I'd be on the ground yes sir no sir three bags sir. I didn't say anyone deserved to be killed but why do anything to increase the chance of conflict?
I so think that the media play heavily on situations like this ignoring that an officer is killed every other day in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom