Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
How old is it? My 2019 C63 has its B service next month, was originally £640 but I asked if there's any room on that and got it down to £530. That's including the £29 engine flush as well
It's October 2017, so no real difference apart from the prefacelift. What dealer was that with? Mine is a Vertu dealership.

Soldato
Yeah same, it was Reading
I had a look at the Merc service site online, and the direct price quoted for the B service on my car is £1300. You can remove a load of 'optional' stuff to get it down to under £500, like spark plug changes, transmission fluid change etc. but it gives a big warning that doing that will void the warranty and also screw you if you're leasing. Are you sure you're actually getting everything done? £800 discount is a lot so I'd be worried they haven't removed stuff that will void your warranty.

Man of Honour
I had a look at the Merc service site online, and the direct price quoted for the B service on my car is £1300. You can remove a load of 'optional' stuff to get it down to under £500, like spark plug changes, transmission fluid change etc. but it gives a big warning that doing that will void the warranty and also screw you if you're leasing. Are you sure you're actually getting everything done? £800 discount is a lot so I'd be worried they haven't removed stuff that will void your warranty.

I mean, I just phoned up, told them it was my B service due in July and can I book. I didn't get the choice to say what I wanted to be done or not, other than the aircon and engine flush. I will certainly be checking though after that, but interestingly, when I called up Newbury, who I usually use, they only quoted me £710 as well. And again, was told it was a B service being done, not a cut down B service.

Soldato
@Em3bbs

This is off of Mercedes site as well

My mileage is only 10k, so I'm guessing the second B service which you must be doing is probably a bigger job?
Yeah it must be I guess, what is under your additional service items? I have all this, and the yellow box appears if you deselect one. My quote online is now £1144, as I was quoted over the phone, so I must have entered something wrong earlier to get £1300:

7l7o57k.png

I've gone for the two year service pack, £600 a year isn't too bad to run the car.

Man of Honour
Yeah it must be I guess, what is under your additional service items? I have all this, and the yellow box appears if you deselect one. My quote online is now £1144, as I was quoted over the phone, so I must have entered something wrong earlier to get £1300:

Ah yeah, see I just had replace dust filter, so it must be a mileage-based thing. Means I've got it all to look forward to :D

Soldato
How crap is the Command system from say 2016-2018 vs the iDrive of the same era?
Do you use Waze and listen to Spotify? If both of those... it is somewhat irrelevant :p

I have the full digital dash and much prefer no touch screen. I have disabled the touch pad input method and stick with the wheel. I find it a doddle to navigate the menus etc. For the most part I just stick Android Auto on though as whilst the satnav is lightyears ahead of any other car I've owned, it still isn't a patch on Waze/Google Maps.

Soldato
Do you use Waze and listen to Spotify? If both of those... it is somewhat irrelevant :p

I have the full digital dash and much prefer no touch screen. I have disabled the touch pad input method and stick with the wheel. I find it a doddle to navigate the menus etc. For the most part I just stick Android Auto on though as whilst the satnav is lightyears ahead of any other car I've owned, it still isn't a patch on Waze/Google Maps.
I don't use Waze, I tend to use Google maps or the built in nav in my X5 as it has real time traffic info and is pretty accurate.
I do listen to Spotify and Amazon Music though. When was Android auto made available on Command?

Soldato
I don't use Waze, I tend to use Google maps or the built in nav in my X5 as it has real time traffic info and is pretty accurate.
I do listen to Spotify and Amazon Music though. When was Android auto made available on Command?
Since 2016 apparently. Don't get me wrong, the nav on the Command system is a million times better than what was in my Jag (but that is like comparing the stone ages to space travel). You can program it on your phone and send the destination to your car remotely, it does live traffic etc., you can spot incidents. I guess I am just brought up on Waze.

Soldato
Not too impressed with Mercedes and my first service experience. As above the service was going to be £1144 but the guy I was booking it with said it would be cheaper to get a service plan for £1200 over 2 years so I did. Roll on to today and I get a call while the car is in the dealership saying that the spark plugs and auto transmission fluid should have been done last year and therefore are not covered by the service plan so I'll have to pay an extra £640! The car was purchased last August as an approved used Mercedes by it's second owner, who then sold the car to me in February, so I'm going to be in touch with that dealer to see why they didn't do it before selling to the last owner. I doubt I have much recourse though apart from to warn others from buying from them.

So yeah, I'm paying £1144 again with some possible discount after explaining my disappointment in Mercedes ownership vs BMW so far when it comes to customer experience.

Associate
Reading some of these is making my eyes water. I picked my A250 up just over 2 years ago, during an event they were running which involved giving away free service plans with all new motors. I felt quite fortunate about that before.... even moreso now :D

Gangster
Associate
Going to look at this. Looks like a good spec being Premium Plus. Any advice or what to look out for? New to Mercedes and it's between this or an S4 Avant.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...romSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

Decent specs but no Performance Exhaust if you care about noise, no Distronic Cruise control (adaptive cruise control) if you do a lot of motorway miles, no 360 degrees camera if you are **** at parking. Also Try looking at Approved Used Cars for MB dealerships as they come with 2 years warranty worth around £1-2k

c43s suffer from crabbing/tyre skipping. When you test drive the car, try manoeuvring slowly at full lock, you will hear the tyres skipping. This bothered me so I went with the c63 but some people don’t care about this issue.

Check if the car has a full service history including all optional work (spark plugs, filters, transmission fluids, Panoramic sunroof lubrication etc. ). Just because a car is sold as full service history it doesn’t mean all additional service items have been carried out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom