Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

I've had a mini-disaster with the C63 yesterday. Oil filler cap came off, and coated the engine bay with oil. :(

I say mini because of two redeeming factors:
1) The cap was still sitting on top of the engine when I looked.
2) The oil level post-disaster was still on the MIN mark, so I was able to drive home.

What a bleeding mess it's made though. And when I stop after a journey, it's smoking a lot because there's oil on the manifold.

I've cleaned off the top fairly well, but I can't get at anything lower down. debating whether to get some engine cleaner, work it into what I can get at, then (while praying mightily) gently hosing it off to hopefully somewhat clean the lower regions too. But rather worried about the potential to screw up electrics.
The engine bay is inherently water proof so just hit it with jet wash but don't nail it from an inch away

Get it steam cleaned. Cover all the electrical terminals and intakes first, then remove the undertray so the water/oil mix won't sit on it.

Went to Halfords at lunch for some more oil (funny that. Could swear I only just topped it up... :confused: ) and cleaning gear.

That they didn't have any of the engine cleaning stuff I wanted, I am seeing as a sign. I was planning on getting the car detailed soon anyway, so will now commence searching for a local, well reviewed, detailer with the ability to steam clean the engine bay.

An update on the oil-covered engine debacle. I never managed to find anyone who would steam clean it. So I gathered my courage and used an engine de-greaser and a gentle rinsing with a hose. I then immediately drove it for a while at temperature to ensure that any water left anywhere was got rid of.
Worked fine, no issues caused, and the visible bits of the engine at least are cleaner than they've ever been! I'm sure the undertray and lower engine still have a bit left on them - but there's no detectable burning oil smell any more unless you stick your nose right in the engine bay after a run.

Had the GFs car for a Service B yesterday and whilst at the garage (Blackpool) they had a 2024 A35 and an A45s sat next to each other.
Excellent to have a good look around and compare the two but some slight differences I wish they'd include on the 45s.

Like the smoked chrome badging and darkened front grill.
SusDl5U.jpg

zXbBr3V.jpg

My 45s is in the UK and at present the only modification I'd like to do is change the badging to gloss black to make the car more stealth like.
But I have no idea where I could go to locally to change this as don't want to attempt this myself.

Edit: I see it's the Touring Edition which gets these extra bits.

Last edited:
Mercedes dealers are just as rubbish as when I last owned one, trying to get a test drive of a EQE (saloon) is like trying to get a dinner date with Lord Lucan. You would think they don' want to sell you a car, it boggles my mind how rubbish the sales people are, and I am being put off even bothering pursuing this as an option but there are so few good saloons out there, if I bin it off I'll narrow the field down even further.

Mercedes dealers are just as rubbish as when I last owned one, trying to get a test drive of a EQE (saloon) is like trying to get a dinner date with Lord Lucan. You would think they don' want to sell you a car, it boggles my mind how rubbish the sales people are, and I am being put off even bothering pursuing this as an option but there are so few good saloons out there, if I bin it off I'll narrow the field down even further.

You’ve got your answer then.

Why would they waste their time and money if you’ll buy one anyway?

It’s frustrating I know, but vote with your wallet.

You’ve got your answer then.

Why would they waste their time and money if you’ll buy one anyway?

It’s frustrating I know, but vote with your wallet.

That's the point I won't buy one anyway, since even getting a test drive has been a total chore and there no way I am parting with a significant sum of money without at least some time investment from Mercedes. I am not sure how many chances I should give them before I write them off totally, personally I think the new sales model they have is causing some issues. I've written to them about the total lack of engagement and response from the dealer(s) not sure if they'll care, or respond, we'll see. :)

That's the point I won't buy one anyway, since even getting a test drive has been a total chore and there no way I am parting with a significant sum of money without at least some time investment from Mercedes. I am not sure how many chances I should give them before I write them off totally, personally I think the new sales model they have is causing some issues. I've written to them about the total lack of engagement and response from the dealer(s) not sure if they'll care, or respond, we'll see. :)

Yeah they are shocking in general. I quickly gave up with them

My Mercedes/Smart main dealer have let me down over my service plan, I won’t go into details suffice to say they owe me two services. I’ve had to book it in at a good Mercedes independent.

I am not sure how many chances I should give them before I write them off totally, personally I think the new sales model they have is causing some issues.

Don’t know when you were looking but I enquired about the EQE a bit after release. There wasn’t many released and what there was out there in the dealers were rotated around the dealers. I recall one saying they were getting two week slots with the car and it gets moved on to the next one

Just back from Mercedes in Cardiff.

What service and friendly custom they provided.
Firstly test drove the GLA 45s. How different this felt to the GLA 35 is night and day. So solid and planted on the road. Lovely 30 minute test drive.
Took it across some A and B roads and then down the motorway for a good blast upto 70 obviously.

AaP9NRJ.jpg
iJABBNd.jpg

Then we travelled down to their sister site down in Bridgend to test drive the A45s.
This was a different beast altogether. So ferocious and a go-kart feeling. Even with 5 in the car this thing just wanted to pull and pull all day long.

PJ7FAUx.jpg
g5OytEE.jpg

So back to the showroom in Cardiff and cars ordered. Both in Cosmos black. Black leather interior as really don't like the yellow piping. Aiming for build and delivery around June time. Cannot wait :cool:

Well what has seemed like forever guess what's arrived in the UK :cool:
Just waiting on the GF GLA45s which according to Mercedes should be over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully cars can be collected at some point in July.

Oh and Nico Rudolph is my engine builder

5cK8ASW.jpeg

Last edited:
Issue with my 2017 C43 - the other day I start the car on a cold morning and after driving for a few minutes I get the "Stop vehicle Leave engine running" warning (naughty boy, I didn't stop the car).

I arrive at work and then get a "Front left parking lamp" warning.

Next day the battery is fine but I then get a "Left daytime driving lamp" warning.

The two lamp warnings have stayed and I can see that the DRL is not working. So this could either be a wiring or controller issue or actual LED blown I assume?

Has anyone had this issue before and what was the fix?

Issue with my 2017 C43 - the other day I start the car on a cold morning and after driving for a few minutes I get the "Stop vehicle Leave engine running" warning (naughty boy, I didn't stop the car).

I arrive at work and then get a "Front left parking lamp" warning.

Next day the battery is fine but I then get a "Left daytime driving lamp" warning.

The two lamp warnings have stayed and I can see that the DRL is not working. So this could either be a wiring or controller issue or actual LED blown I assume?

Has anyone had this issue before and what was the fix?

How olds the battery?

Has anyone on this board had a G63? Quite tempted but I can only stretch to a ~2016 model. It'll be a workhorse as well as a family car. I hear bore scoring is an issue?

Has anyone on this board had a G63? Quite tempted but I can only stretch to a ~2016 model. It'll be a workhorse as well as a family car. I hear bore scoring is an issue?

cant comment on the engine but thats a crazy amount of money to spend on a car that has an interior born from a 2011 c class with the very poor stuck on screen from the later gen (w205?). each to there own though :)

cant comment on the engine but thats a crazy amount of money to spend on a car that has an interior born from a 2011 c class with the very poor stuck on screen from the later gen (w205?). each to there own though :)
I was led to believe they're pretty bullet proof chassis wise. I quite fancy a V8 SUV as well, so other alternatives are like F Pace SVRs which don't do the SUV bit well enough to turn me on.

Some are pretty classic, tidy examples too, eg:

(it is impossible to find one that it isn't barry'ed).

• Haha
Reactions: mjt
Back
Top Bottom