Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Yes exactly, all jobs are so oversaturated that you now need 2x2 year references for an basic janitor / cafe / I.T jobs.

There are too many applicants and not enough jobs.

Employers post a jobs that specifies 'no experience required', then get hit with thousands of applicants for just two job positions.

People with degrees cannot even compete, everyone over 25 or even less applying to stack shelves at Tesco already has a degree.

And it will only get worse as things become more automated and don't need as many unskilled employees. This is why immigration controls were needed with Brexit coming about.

Associate
Fringe rabble rousers/grifters are never going to win. It's clear the country voted for the left wing Tories so suck it up.

I have no issue with that actually.

Suck it up to me having a lovely free house, free money from your taxes, free travel, and not having to pay a single penny back.

Wonderful system you have here, maybe you would prefer it some more if I was a typical black joining BLM and complaining daily about how evil and racist white people and this whole country is while never having to do anything to contribute. Maybe I should start my own 'defund the police' blog, and cyber beg on go fund me over institutionalised racism for more free money?

Permabanned
I have no issue with that actually.

Suck it up to me having a lovely free house, free money from your taxes, free travel, and not having to pay a single penny back.

Wonderful system you have here, maybe you would prefer it some more if I was a typical black joining BLM and complaining daily about how evil and racist white people and this whole country is while never having to do anything to contribute.

Well it might be an issue if it had any basis in reality but it's just your fantasy rant. So have some lols, again. :cry:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Yes exactly, all jobs are so oversaturated that you now need 2x2 year references for an basic janitor / cafe / I.T jobs.

There are too many applicants and not enough jobs.

Employers post a jobs that specifies 'no experience required', then get hit with thousands of applicants for just two job positions.

People with degrees cannot even compete, everyone over 25 or even less applying to stack shelves at Tesco already has a degree.

I sometimes think there has to be some kind of realistic expectation from jobseekers. I do often hear people say they've been looking for jobs for months and months and sometimes there's a hint of blaming immigrants etc. On the other hand, I'm aware of at least 4 white individuals (friends) who have come from council estates and have got into the civil service and are all on £40k + salaries. Then there's me, who left work 2.5 years ago because of a disability, but rather than claim benefits I took time off and started looking at jobs at the start of the year. Got offered a job after 4 interviews and looking to start soon.

I think people with degrees could get a civil service job at the very least, not a great starting salary but it's something...

Associate
I sometimes think there has to be some kind of realistic expectation from jobseekers. I do often hear people say they've been looking for jobs for months and months and sometimes there's a hint of blaming immigrants etc. On the other hand, I'm aware of at least 4 white individuals (friends) who have come from council estates and have got into the civil service and are all on £40k + salaries. Then there's me, who left work 2.5 years ago because of a disability, but rather than claim benefits I took time off and started looking at jobs at the start of the year. Got offered a job after 4 interviews and looking to start soon.

I think people with degrees could get a civil service job at the very least, not a great starting salary but it's something...

I and people like me are applying to be min wage janitors or fish and chip shop workers and we keep being told no. I have never refused to do any work for minimum wage, and would offer to work for less than minimum wage if I could.

Do feel free to stop gaslighting me at any point.

Associate
Is this a post from the industrial revolution?

I actually visited and applied for a modern warehouse job after going to their open day.

There was zero physical work involved, it was all operating mechanical arms to move packs of merchandise and listed as admin roles only. I was working at M&S at the time (temporary) and this warehouse while a different company was their distributor. I met all the job requirements and still didn't get a reply.

Soldato
I actually visited and applied for a modern warehouse job after going to their open day.

There was zero physical work involved, it was all operating mechanical arms to move packs of merchandise and listed as admin roles only. I was working at M&S at the time (temporary) and this warehouse while a different company was their distributor. I met all the job requirements and still didn't get a reply.
Based on your posting here, I can tell you 110% it is nothing to do with your disability :cry:

Soldato
And it will only get worse as things become more automated and don't need as many unskilled employees. This is why immigration controls were needed with Brexit coming about.

Im not sure Brexit has been a positive when it comes to basic jobs in the farming industry, you know like picking crops....

EU plot sparks fury in farmers as Brits 'look to EU to stock empty shelves' after red tape | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Mr Hanrahan said: "For 33 years, Gerrard Vonk has relied on seasonal pickers from eastern Europe to harvest his peppers.

"Now the shortage of workers is so serious, this crop is over-ripening.

"This farm is 72 workers down on this time last year."

Mr Vonk expressed his concern for the issue as he showed the Euronews journalist around his farm.

Mr Vonk said: "We have got fruit that should have been harvested but it won't be harvested for another three days.

"Look over here, plants that are 100 percent red.

"There are now more barriers, more red tape and it is much more difficult to actually come and work over here.

"It has been challenging for our business but undoubtedly for all other businesses in the area.

"It cannot continue if it stays like this.

"A lot of things have to happen, it is going to be a big loss for the business."

Mr Hanrahan closed by saying: "Five miles away there is a field of wasted courgettes.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I and people like me are applying to be min wage janitors or fish and chip shop workers and we keep being told no. I have never refused to do any work for minimum wage, and would offer to work for less than minimum wage if I could.

Do feel free to stop gaslighting me at any point.

I have no reason to doubt you, it was a general point. There's quite a few people who blame immigrants for not getting jobs, which is the easy answer to avoid tackling other issues.

Soldato
OP
Im not sure Brexit has been a positive when it comes to basic jobs in the farming industry, you know like picking crops....

EU plot sparks fury in farmers as Brits 'look to EU to stock empty shelves' after red tape | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

It will be when huge numbers can't get retail jobs, warehousing etc because they've been automated then they will have to do the farm jobs or live on UC handouts until they're forced to take some other unskilled job.

Soldato
It will be when huge numbers can't get retail jobs, warehousing etc because they've been automated then they will have to do the farm jobs or live on UC handouts until they're forced to take some other unskilled job.

haha but you said they cant get them now? So surely we should have armies of staff picking crops

Soldato
You are banging your head against a door with him. Its safe to say that someone who admits they voted for the racist BNP might be..

I and millions vote for people who can make a government change there path. And it did.
It was all there in the thread.

But at least I don't go on about a president I CAN'T VOTE FOR :)
Or tell other people in other countries how they should live and do like you ;)
Doing that is just strang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom