*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
Not sure how ww2 era vehicles are going to compete with modern day and futuristic stuff. :confused: Looks interesting though.

Sounds REALLY interesting, I like that its staggered, so its like 8 players from modern era BF versus 32 players from BF1942 etc. Sort of that oft asked question of what wins, more soldiers but badly equipped or fewer soldiers better equipped

A sort of Battlefield Rorkes Drift !

Dont fire until you see the whites of their eyes !

Soldato
You basically had a bf2 remake with 3 and 4, same setting same vehicles and a few of the same maps overall.

Depends on your definition of remake

A remake for me is basically taking the game keeping everything as it was and just giving it a graphics overhaul, maybe improving some of the physics like gun handling but everything else is the same, BF 3 & 4 were never remakes, hell we didn't even get the grapple hooks & ziplines added that were in BF2 special forces which were the best things to ever be added to a multiplayer shooter, they basically made the entire map accessible to people (if you don't include helo drops)

Caporegime
Depends on your definition of remake

A remake for me is basically taking the game keeping everything as it was and just giving it a graphics overhaul, maybe improving some of the physics like gun handling but everything else is the same, BF 3 & 4 were never remakes, hell we didn't even get the grapple hooks & ziplines added that were in BF2 special forces which were the best things to ever be added to a multiplayer shooter, they basically made the entire map accessible to people (if you don't include helo drops)

In terms of the ingame vehicles and weaponry it was much the same, graphics physics etc were a lot improved. To me bf3 and 4 always felt like a beefed up version of bf2. Though that's not to say they went wrong in quite a few areas.

They make a big hoopla about always bringing back wake island, yet they've yet to surpass the original that's near 20 years old. More powerful engine, more powerful tech, and yet carriers are static, no subs, no destroyers, just bleh.

Soldato
In terms of the ingame vehicles and weaponry it was much the same, graphics physics etc were a lot improved. To me bf3 and 4 always felt like a beefed up version of bf2. Though that's not to say they went wrong in quite a few areas.

They make a big hoopla about always bringing back wake island, yet they've yet to surpass the original that's near 20 years old. More powerful engine, more powerful tech, and yet carriers are static, no subs, no destroyers, just bleh.

Now I feel old. Nearly 20 years old :(

*goes to YouTube to watch original BF2 videos*

Soldato
Nothing will ever come close to the BF2 days. I get sick with nostalgia with it :D. Not just the game but that point of my life. Means a lot. Maybe one day they would remake it as it was for the PC base as unlikely as that is.

Back
Top Bottom