Fall Guys (Releases 04/08/20

Soldato
Discovered thanks to this game that my 360 controller is slightly broken. Noticed I was slower in running than everyone else, there's a bit of dead travel in the left stick. Used keyboard for a round and was the same speed as everyone else. Will get a new one when the Xbox Series X arrives.

The 'physics' is so annoying in this game, if there's a collision I always seem to be the one that goes flying while the person who bumped me is unaffected.

Griefing is rampant in the game now which is tiresome. It's easy to avoid in most courses but worst in Slime Climb which is my worst course anyway. And you always get dinguses who wait at the finish line at the end of the round until the slime gets near.

The anti-cheat system also can't come soon enough. The developer claims most people get caught first time - so how do they explain cheaters wearing costumes that require 10 crowns (from winning the show mostly) to unlock?

EDIT - Got about 12 hours out of the game now but not sure how much longer I will play this season. I always seem to get the same rounds. There are some rounds I've only played once! Hopefully they keep these rounds when S2 arrives.

Soldato
Was all set to buy this as I’ve had £15 left in my steam wallets for months. After reading all the posts on cheaters I think I’ll give it a swerve. Shame as it looks like a fun little game.

Soldato
Was all set to buy this as I’ve had £15 left in my steam wallets for months. After reading all the posts on cheaters I think I’ll give it a swerve. Shame as it looks like a fun little game.

They’re supposed to introduce the same anti-cheat system as Fortnite in the next couple of weeks so maybe wait until then? It’s great when there is a cheater but one of the rounds is a team game and the teams get together to boot the cheater. I contributed to a 12-0 loss for my team in ‘fall ball’ it was so satisfying.

EDIT - Reported another 3 cheaters this morning (14/09/20).

Last edited:
Associate
Question for those who have played with friends. I understand there is an online co-op for up to 4 players. But can a larger number (up to like 10 people) join the same server on solo?

Soldato
Question for those who have played with friends. I understand there is an online co-op for up to 4 players. But can a larger number (up to like 10 people) join the same server on solo?

Nope, they have talked about making the party size a little bigger and/or adding private servers... but as it stands it's a party of 4 and your lobby is random. You are all guaranteed to be on the same team in any team games though. They have kept it smaller to try and prevent big parties controlling the games (which in some games, they could do quite easily)

Associate
Nope, they have talked about making the party size a little bigger and/or adding private servers... but as it stands it's a party of 4 and your lobby is random. You are all guaranteed to be on the same team in any team games though. They have kept it smaller to try and prevent big parties controlling the games (which in some games, they could do quite easily)
Thanks. Super useful. I'll let everyone know. That's a little disappointing, but totally makes sense to prevent people banding together.

Associate
Its worth getting now. I've been vocal in complaining about the cheating but i haven't noticed a single cheater since the new anti-cheat went live a week ago. Vastly improved and the game is fun again.

Associate
I bought it but more because I got caught up in the 5 minutes of hype that it recieved. It's good fun to play with my kids.....local multiplayer would make it a better game for me.

Soldato
Yeah I play this with my kids, I wonder how many people realise they are being eliminated by 5 and 3 year olds.... though since the last update when you press B to exit a game it just hangs and then pops up with a error saying something about not being connected so no points are awarded..

Soldato
It’s good to have some new rounds mixed in. Still enjoy the odd 20 to 30 mins play here and there.

Main downside is the grind to get new items/crowns. That could probably do with some rework.

Caporegime
I've just discovered this game and I have to say it is a lot of fun.

I would like to say I only play it with my daughter, but she's a bit too young at the moment.

Mrs is crap at it, so I enjoy watching he fail repeatedly.

Caporegime
Season 5 now out with a jungle / Amazon vibe.

I'm glad I don't still have to play that one with the platform and the flying objects that nobody ever gets eliminated from and you just have to wait for it to time out.

Tragically I'm still quite addicted to this game. I love grabbing people just as they're about to jump, especially in Big Fans. Hilarious.

Soldato
Season 5 now out with a jungle / Amazon vibe.

I'm glad I don't still have to play that one with the platform and the flying objects that nobody ever gets eliminated from and you just have to wait for it to time out.

Tragically I'm still quite addicted to this game. I love grabbing people just as they're about to jump, especially in Big Fans. Hilarious.

That's not funny :mad: / :cry:, yh still playing the game only got two crowns oveall though

Back
Top Bottom