Fall Guys (Releases 04/08/20

Soldato
It also spawned an American football at one point, is that normal? Only time I've seen it happen and wonder if it's to try and make it harder to cheat.

It's just random. There is also very rarely a big golden egg ball that spawns and is worth 5 points!

If like to see team games moved into a separate game lobby or category as well. They don't fit well within the game IMO.

Hmm, I'm not convinced - removing them or making them avoidable would kill the game overnight. Splitting the playerbase is never good and I say that as someone who definitely felt mega frustrated (and still does sometimes) at getting beat in the team games.

The problem is the "random" and team based games will always feel unfair and frustrating to good/competent and competitive players, but they're intentionally that way because otherwise you can all but guarantee it goes the way of so many other games; every show is completely dominated by the same small cohort of players who have mastered the perfect line and strategy in all of the solo based games. I would much rather lose the occasional team based game or silly random-style round than lose every single final ever because I don't have time to become an ultra tryhard myself. As it stands I genuinely feel I have a chance to win every show

Soldato
As it stands I genuinely feel I have a chance to win every show

You might be right. The luck element probably does make the game more accessible and enjoyable especially for the less competitive players out there.

Soldato
You might be right. The luck element probably does make the game more accessible and enjoyable especially for the less competitive players out there.

I think it allows you to be competitive and still give everyone a chance... sometimes I get knocked out by an irritating 4th round of Fall Ball where my team-mates are useless, but if I make it through to a final round I get the chance to try and prove I can destroy the lobby at hex-a-gon or jump showdown or whatever

That said I'm sure they can and will tweak some of the team games over time to try and make them feel slightly less awful - in my opinion the main problem they have is that in any 2+ team game the best strategy by far is for the two teams that get an early lead to gang up against the team that are behind. I think they should change it so that instead of the losing team getting knocked out the winning team go through after the time limit (and vanish) and then the game resets in some minor way (e.g. all the eggs teleport back to centre in egg scramble) to allow the remaining 2 teams to duke it out. Would instantly change the strategy from the horrible feeling "gang up on worst team" to the more balanced "gang up on the winning team"

Associate
Game is going to get ruined by cheaters. If just 1 cheater is in a group of 60, they've won from the start. Such a pointless game to cheat in too.

The developers say they get immediately banned in the next game, but it sure is common seeing fall guys with debug mode on.

Associate
This is quite a but of fun, not sure about its longevity though, I dont think a new game mode or so a season will keep it fresh.

Soldato
Game is going to get ruined by cheaters. If just 1 cheater is in a group of 60, they've won from the start. Such a pointless game to cheat in too.

Obviously they do need to sort out the cheating, but thankfully the design of the game means that it doesn't guarantee them the win - I've had plenty of games where I immediately spot someone speed-hacking in the first round and then the next round is something like Hoarders or Egg Scramble and they are on the losing team. Not always but I love when it happens, imagine them absolutely raging :D

Associate
I think it allows you to be competitive and still give everyone a chance... sometimes I get knocked out by an irritating 4th round of Fall Ball where my team-mates are useless, but if I make it through to a final round I get the chance to try and prove I can destroy the lobby at hex-a-gon or jump showdown or whatever

That said I'm sure they can and will tweak some of the team games over time to try and make them feel slightly less awful - in my opinion the main problem they have is that in any 2+ team game the best strategy by far is for the two teams that get an early lead to gang up against the team that are behind. I think they should change it so that instead of the losing team getting knocked out the winning team go through after the time limit (and vanish) and then the game resets in some minor way (e.g. all the eggs teleport back to centre in egg scramble) to allow the remaining 2 teams to duke it out. Would instantly change the strategy from the horrible feeling "gang up on worst team" to the more balanced "gang up on the winning team"

The main reason they should not remove team games is it gives everyone in the lobby a chance to ensure the cheater loses. So many 'episodes' have a cheater who will enable their hacks on Block Party, or Slime Climb, or Jump Club to ensure they don't go out. When it comes to the team game afterwards, especially if it is Fall Ball and someone is flying around the pitch, i've seen the team with the cheater on their side 'throw' the match and ensure they lose to eliminate the cheater. I've done it myself.

That being said I've seen a cheater who could fly fail to win Fall Mountain.... not sure how.

Soldato
The main reason they should not remove team games is it gives everyone in the lobby a chance to ensure the cheater loses. So many 'episodes' have a cheater who will enable their hacks on Block Party, or Slime Climb, or Jump Club to ensure they don't go out. When it comes to the team game afterwards, especially if it is Fall Ball and someone is flying around the pitch, i've seen the team with the cheater on their side 'throw' the match and ensure they lose to eliminate the cheater. I've done it myself.

That being said I've seen a cheater who could fly fail to win Fall Mountain.... not sure how.

Certainly a nice side effect :) I've seen it happen as well (teams throwing to knock out a cheater, and cheaters failing to win despite their cheats). Not all team games are ideal for filtering cheats though; hoops-a-daisy is rife for hacking if the hacker can control themselves well enough to just zip through all the hoops super fast and there's not much even their own team can do to stop it.

Pretty much if I spot a cheater I switch my entire strategy to be doing anything I can to try and disrupt them, even if it means losing myself, as I assume if they get to the final with me then I've lost anyway

Associate
Certainly a nice side effect :) I've seen it happen as well (teams throwing to knock out a cheater, and cheaters failing to win despite their cheats). Not all team games are ideal for filtering cheats though; hoops-a-daisy is rife for hacking if the hacker can control themselves well enough to just zip through all the hoops super fast and there's not much even their own team can do to stop it.

Pretty much if I spot a cheater I switch my entire strategy to be doing anything I can to try and disrupt them, even if it means losing myself, as I assume if they get to the final with me then I've lost anyway
Same.

They say they're dealing with cheats but when someone cheats, flies up to the top of Slime Climb and completes the race in 10 seconds, and that's not detected and instantly kicked and banned? I have little faith.

Associate
Picked this up tonight after the kids had been watching it and they've loved it. For £16, even if we only get 4 weeks of play time on it, that's money well spent in my eyes.

Soldato
Same.

They say they're dealing with cheats but when someone cheats, flies up to the top of Slime Climb and completes the race in 10 seconds, and that's not detected and instantly kicked and banned? I have little faith.

Have you seen the devs in their updates? The lead dude looks about 15, I honestly think they didn't expect it to be anywhere near popular enough for anti-cheat and things to be required and possibly are having to learn everything to implement it from scratch as we speak (with all the fun of retrofitting something into a system that wasn't designed with it in mind that probably goes with it)

Associate
This game is gaining more and more fans daily , just purchased it myself and its a lot of fun , as long as we keep getting new game modes and more loot etc to grind this game will be around for years like Rocket league. The direction this game can go in is endless , ranked matches , team games with mates. I think this game is currently on nearly 10 millions sales worldwide

Associate
So this was a new one, cheater in jump club, and block party, ten left, me hoping for Fall Ball to try and eliminate the cheater. Nope, its Fall Mountain. I think, well i've seen cheaters fail to win this before somehow. Final starts, half a second later, eliminated. The cheater wins despite not even having moved.

Associate
The rampant cheating in this game, by people who clearly are not getting caught based on the number of crowns required for their outfits, is driving me mad and making me want to stop playing.

Soldato
The rampant cheating in this game, by people who clearly are not getting caught based on the number of crowns required for their outfits, is driving me mad and making me want to stop playing.

I got this on steam for my son however I haven't played it and today he showed me the game out of the 5 or so matches I watched 4 had cheaters in, teleporting and warping about

Associate
I got this on steam for my son however I haven't played it and today he showed me the game out of the 5 or so matches I watched 4 had cheaters in, teleporting and warping about
Yep, its about half my games, its worst late at night, not too bad early evening and infrequent in the morning. Apparently, they've got a new release coming soon that changes the game and the anti-cheat (more like, installs it) to the same as Fortnite has. Whether that's any good i don't know as i don't play Fortnite....

Associate
Have you seen the devs in their updates? The lead dude looks about 15, I honestly think they didn't expect it to be anywhere near popular enough for anti-cheat and things to be required and possibly are having to learn everything to implement it from scratch as we speak (with all the fun of retrofitting something into a system that wasn't designed with it in mind that probably goes with it)
Apparently the game is so easy to cheat in that Cheat Engine works and that's what people are using....

Back
Top Bottom