Fall Guys (Releases 04/08/20

Man of Honour
Gave it 90mins and then refunded it. Was a decent enough party game but I just dont see any longevity in it and I suspect it could be dead in a few months, its got a lot of streamer hype helping it currently but I dont think it will hold most peoples attention for long. Also, the team games should be removed asap, you can have some great rounds where you work your socks of to qualify and then be eliminated because a team game pops up and half your team stands around doing nothing, should just be all individual games.

Soldato
Team games should be optional or a separate category IMO, if you're on a team of morons then you're out. Very frustrating when you've been doing well up to that part.

Still, free on PS Plus, I'm enjoying it to be honest!

Soldato
Nah the team games are part of it - they need to tweak some of them for sure but it would get old if every game was solo / pure skill - the same handful of sweaty no-lifers would win every single game without fail; presently they get screwed over occasionally to level the playing field

I'm enjoying it too, think I have won about 14 or 15 times :D

Soldato
Bought it last night after watching some videos and dying with laughter. I refunded it this morning as I couldn't dedicate time to it just yet as I'm in the middle of setting up my new home. I spent 1hr playing it and was just in tears half the time whilst I played. It really is absolutely hilarious! Hopefully it'll have more map variety when I return to it in future.

Associate
I love this game. If I'm having a downer on Overwatch due to GM smurfs griefing games then I can switch to this, have a laugh and go to bed happy.

Soldato
Had a quick blast on this. Definitely has a 'one more go' factor and is fun if you've got say half an hour / an hour to fill.

Would definitely benefit from allowing you to choose your own name (understand this is temporarily disabled on Steam), custom servers for friends, more costumes, custom costume creator and more levels. Lots of easy ways for them to expand the game so I'm sure they will.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorted out my wireless Xbox adapter, turns out I must have a Chinese knock-off rather than official which broke the drivers. Doing a lot better with a controller compared to keyboard and can generally make it through the first few rounds until a football/team round takes me out. I'm not sure whether the servers are still struggling or its my internet but last night it was pretty slow to connect. Anyone else still having issues?

Soldato
Part of the reason I requested a refund was because it would often take ages to connect such is the popularity of the game. Sometimes it would take a minute or even two for me to finally get into the next map.

Soldato
I love the game, but the amount of hackers I've seen is amazing.

3 yesterday and 2 games in a row tonight.

lM3IfZx.jpg

Guy reached the finish as we all left the starting line.

Associate
Yeah I was playing on the rings team one and noticed a guy just flying round collecting points. Funny thing is that their team didn't actually qualify, so either they have a system to detect that and not give points or he wasn't very good even when flying.

Had similar in the football one and a guy on my team was flying around. Again didn't seem to do very well and think he scored an own goal. It also spawned an American football at one point, is that normal? Only time I've seen it happen and wonder if it's to try and make it harder to cheat.

I do think in cases where they qualify in an impossible time they might get kicked as again on the fruit one someone qualified in seconds but we didn't see him in the grid between rounds.

Soldato
Team games should be optional or a separate category IMO, if you're on a team of morons then you're out. Very frustrating when you've been doing well up to that part.

If like to see team games moved into a separate game lobby or category as well. They don't fit well within the game IMO.

Soldato
If like to see team games moved into a separate game lobby or category as well. They don't fit well within the game IMO.
Yeah there's plenty of chance to get screwed at the last minute by completely random events in games like the tumbling fruit one. The amount of times I've almost finished first only to be done by something unexpected is rage-inducing!

If you're going to get randomly knocked out due to bad luck I'd rather it wasn't due to having a team full of special people :p

They could do something like a grid where you pick a tile every 5 seconds and a random couple just drop away - a bit like the fruit matching one but completely luck based.

Soldato
That's the problem. Most of the team/non-race to finish games just come down to pure luck as to whether you happen to be in the lead/etc when the timer runs out. Especially the grab a tail and balls in your zone ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom