• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
What temps are people getting on their 3080ti? I've upgraded from a 3070.
Undervolted to 1750 + 800.
Getting memory 80-83, hotspot 75-77, gpu 65-68 when stressed.
Performance is still better than stock on 3dmark.
Not the best case and my ventilation could be better.

Associate
Those are good temps. My 3080 runs hotter than yours and I have done the thermal pads mod.

Soldato

It completely depends what game and frame rate you are playing at.

I can play overwatch at 4k 120hz at 40c but you play something like cyberpunk or red dead maxed out at 4k 120hz for a few hours they are going to start pumping out serious heat.

It helps to turn case fans up a bit to keep them running cool. I always just set power target maxxed out and set target temp to 69c to stop it throttling.

Soldato
It completely depends what game and frame rate you are playing at.

I can play overwatch at 4k 120hz at 40c but you play something like cyberpunk or red dead maxed out at 4k 120hz for a few hours they are going to start pumping out serious heat.

It helps to turn case fans up a bit to keep them running cool. I always just set power target maxxed out and set target temp to 69c to stop it throttling.

Does lowering the target temp increase fan speed or lower clocks/voltage to achieve that

Associate
Does lowering the target temp increase fan speed or lower clocks/voltage to achieve that
Pretty sure it starts lowering clocks/voltage. But not very agressively in my experience, so temp can actually creep significantly higher that your threshold.

Fan speed is directly linked to GPU temp, so to change that you need to edit fan curve.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Does anyone know if all FE cards coming are now LHR or not, I like to use my PC for gaming and mining if possible

Burn him!!!

j/k it wont be liked by many a poster here. ;) To answer the question, I think only 3090's are going to be guaranteed normal cards that can mine. However, as ETH moves to PoS in a few months I cant see it being a thing for nvidia unless they want to waste time/resources into algorithm variants available.

The Ti's are all LHR so that rules them out. I think people who have obtained very recent FE's of the 3070/80 would be able to update if they are limited or not.

Soldato
The Ti's are all LHR so that rules them out.

My Ti isn't LHR..

I've decided to put my 3060Ti into a friends PC and then when the next 3080 drop hits he's going to get me a 3080, I'm not in the country until august so gives me a bit of time where it doesn't matter if I have a PC or not..

So, just have to see how long before there's a drop and he can get a card vs how long it takes me to get back home..

Soldato
My Ti isn't LHR..

I've decided to put my 3060Ti into a friends PC and then when the next 3080 drop hits he's going to get me a 3080.

I'm doing exactly the same. He's got a pile of components ready to stick together and just needs my GPU. But I need him to get me a 3080!!

Soldato
My Ti isn't LHR..

I've decided to put my 3060Ti into a friends PC and then when the next 3080 drop hits he's going to get me a 3080, I'm not in the country until august so gives me a bit of time where it doesn't matter if I have a PC or not..

So, just have to see how long before there's a drop and he can get a card vs how long it takes me to get back home..

The latest Ti's released were the 3070 and 3080..

If your referring to the 3060Ti then that has been out since December and LHR did not phase into manufacturing till early this year. Source: nVidia themselves...

Today, we’re taking additional measures by applying a reduced ETH hash rate to newly manufactured GeForce RTX 3080, RTX 3070 and RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards. These cards will start shipping in late May.

Soldato
The latest Ti's released were the 3070 and 3080..

If your referring to the 3060Ti then that has been out since December and LHR did not phase into manufacturing till early this year. Source: nVidia themselves...

Yes, I was referring to the 3060Ti, as that's what I have, however you misspoke when you said "The Ti's are all LHR so that rules them out." when what you meant was the 'latest' Ti's are LHR..
I also would take the NVidia blog with a pinch of salt as it was also them that said that no FE cards would be LHR, they've obviously changed their mind, but does that mean that early 3060Ti's are fine and after a certain date they become LHR, or no 3060Ti's will ever be LHR, have they actually clarified the position on this since the linked article?!

Soldato
Yes, I was referring to the 3060Ti, as that's what I have, however you misspoke when you said "The Ti's are all LHR so that rules them out." when what you meant was the 'latest' Ti's are LHR..
I also would take the NVidia blog with a pinch of salt as it was also them that said that no FE cards would be LHR, they've obviously changed their mind, but does that mean that early 3060Ti's are fine and after a certain date they become LHR, or no 3060Ti's will ever be LHR, have they actually clarified the position on this since the linked article?!

I agree it has been confusing as originally it was only the 3070/80Ti that were meant to be LHR (just not on box) and the AIB's. However I also mentioned (which you discounted):

I think people who have obtained very recent FE's of the 3070/80 would be able to update if they are limited or not.

The only way to tell is if people getting them report back if limited or not. I hardly misspoke when nvidia themselves are publishing the 3060Ti which does mean ALL Ti's right?

Soldato
I thought they had said that no FE cards were going to be LHR, only AIB's, tbh I've kinda given up they change their mind and does anyone really know 'how' they are LHR'ing the cards, is it a BIOS thing, something on the PCB, something on the die, its all a mystery..

But yes, those that have had cards should be reporting if those cards are LHR and what the build date on them is, Ti or not..

Soldato
I thought they had said that no FE cards were going to be LHR, only AIB's, tbh I've kinda given up they change their mind and does anyone really know 'how' they are LHR'ing the cards, is it a BIOS thing, something on the PCB, something on the die, its all a mystery..

But yes, those that have had cards should be reporting if those cards are LHR and what the build date on them is, Ti or not..

Im not sure but i thought they did it with software first but people got around it easily so they then did it on the hardware level. I could be wrong though, it was some article i read a while back i think

Back
Top Bottom