• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
That's unlucky. I was probably extremely close to that happening but I got away with a screaming soon to be (October 2012) 9 year old PSU for 2-3 nights before landing the PSU I was chasing (this was in November when all parts were scarce).

Funnily enough, the old PSU was also a Corsair (750w HX+). Replaced with a BQ Straight Power 11 750w Plat.

Hope you can get up and running tomorrow. Have a blast with your new card.

Got the new HX850 Platinum in and....... all good!!

Running that first benchmark after installing it was a bit tense!

The old AX850 hasn't missed a beat before so am a bit sad to see it go, but hey ho at least I'm up and running.

I had to diagnose another weird issue in that if I have Displayport 1.4 enabled on my monitor and UEFI boot mode on my motherboard, I cannot get into the BIOS (PC locks up and no screen output, even if trying to enter BIOS via Windows settings). If I drop the monitor down to DP v1.2 OR set the BIOS to CSM boot mode its all fine. I googled it and is a very common thing by all accounts! Weird!

Permabanned
Yes it's going to be a hard habit to kick. I even told OCUK CS it's been quite entertaining for the most part but frustrating from time to time. Although I was disapointed about not getting the 3080 but it was short lived once I got my hands on the RTX Haribo OC!!! I'm not much of an overclocker but gave it a minor underclock/undervolt which I did with my 1080ti to much success. My daughter now has the 1080ti to replace her ageing gtx970. She's a graphic designer & it gives her some much needed extra horsepower to her rig. Now just waiting for BF2042 to come around!
Can’t wait for BF2042, I sadly didn’t get into the test flight sign up but still preordered even doh with my last experience with preorders I hope this one goes well:cry:

Permabanned
So not like userbenchmark.com.
Userbenchmark isn’t terrible but like what I said above is a better test that you can run constantly or for a set time to get a good idea of FPS, Thermals, Power draw, clocks speeds, oc testing etc I would also recommend hardware monitor or even the on screen display that Msi
Afterburner to check those stats

Associate
What do you use for benchmarking ?

In this instance I used Unigine Superposition maxed out. With my old PSU it caused a hard poweroff every single time it started. All fine now after about 5 runthroughs last night, and I got a decent score which put me right in the correct range for my components.

The backplate on the 3080 Ti gets mega toasty though!

Associate
Hi I'm #7 in queue for ASUS TUF 3080 NON OC. Can you please clarify for me. If you receive LHR version of ASUS TUF 3080 NON OC, I will have to pay extra?

yea I would also like to know if this is the case ? Essentially your saying if the 3080 comes in which we have ordered that you want to charge more because it technically has a different model number ? Even though it’s the direct replacement of the 3080 ..

Permabanned
yea I would also like to know if this is the case ? Essentially your saying if the 3080 comes in which we have ordered that you want to charge more because it technically has a different model number ? Even though it’s the direct replacement of the 3080 ..
It’s not because of it being a “New” card it’s more to do with the fact that it costs OCUK so much for them that they would make a considerable lose if they honoured the 3080s that were paid for back in September/October.

Associate
A direct replacement isn't always released at the original price. Compare the GPU pricing landscape in August 2021 to September 2020.

Associate
A direct replacement isn't always released at the original price. Compare the GPU pricing landscape in August 2021 to September 2020.

not my problem, with all due respect. My business honours any pre orders at the price it was pre ordered at, I don’t see why any other business should be different.

Associate
It’s not because of it being a “New” card it’s more to do with the fact that it costs OCUK so much for them that they would make a considerable lose if they honoured the 3080s that were paid for back in September/October.

Again see above post, it’s really not my problem. I’ve been waiting 10 months for my order. You do not source it after 10 months or longer as I’m still waiting and ask the customer to pay the difference, Never.

especially since they have had my money for 10 months making a profit on it, it’s not like it’s be sat doing nothing, it would have been invested in other stock, I could have made them potentially hundreds by now. I run an online business and retail store my self, I know exactly what happens and how it all works. Then factor in the lost customer faith, there’s absolutely no way a company chooses to pass on a 100 quid charge as example after a 10 month wait unless it was originally agreed apon in the original contract, it’s even a bit dodgy asking money for the better card. It’s just not worth losing every computer order from that customer going forward, I’ve shopped with ocuk for years and years, it’s why I “trusted” them above all others with my pre order.

that is the inherent problem with pre orders, you take a risk as business that prices change, but you garner in this case millions in sales in advance of having to buy the product.

Permabanned
Again see above post, it’s really not my problem. I’ve been waiting 10 months for my order. You do not source it after 10 months or longer as I’m still waiting and ask the customer to pay the difference, Never.

especially since they have had my money for 10 months making a profit on it, it’s not like it’s be sat doing nothing, it would have been invested in other stock, I could have made them potentially hundreds by now. I run an online business and retail store my self, I know exactly what happens and how it all works. Then factor in the lost customer faith, there’s absolutely no way a company chooses to pass on a 100 quid charge as example after a 10 month wait unless it was originally agreed apon in the original contract, it’s even a bit dodgy asking money for the better card. It’s just not worth losing every computer order from that customer going forward, I’ve shopped with ocuk for years and years, it’s why I “trusted” them above all others with my pre order.

that is the inherent problem with pre orders, you take a risk as business that prices change, but you garner in this case millions in sales in advance of having to buy the product.
I get its not right but it seems like its the direction OCUK is taking

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Got the new HX850 Platinum in and....... all good!!

Running that first benchmark after installing it was a bit tense!

The old AX850 hasn't missed a beat before so am a bit sad to see it go, but hey ho at least I'm up and running.

I had to diagnose another weird issue in that if I have Displayport 1.4 enabled on my monitor and UEFI boot mode on my motherboard, I cannot get into the BIOS (PC locks up and no screen output, even if trying to enter BIOS via Windows settings). If I drop the monitor down to DP v1.2 OR set the BIOS to CSM boot mode its all fine. I googled it and is a very common thing by all accounts! Weird!

Brilliant news and yes, I'd be very wary too because there's a part of you waiting for a spark, smoke or to hear a bang :D. As for the old PSU, she served you well.

Strangely enough I actually seen something regarding your issue, I didn't look into it, just read a little and moved on. At least you have a workaround but I agree, little things like that are annoying. That would annoy me for a little while but then it just becomes normality.

Now for the big moment, 100k frames in Minesweeper hype!.

Associate
thanks vertical blank, i see what the stand is for now, don't feel its required, mine is sort of sitting on a mass of cables so should be ok. still liking the kfa2 hof 3080 Ti, seems to run quiet, and red dead redemption gets 54FPS with everything turned up to ultra, and more AA than would make any visual difference, R6 siege runs very well all maxed out nearly 200fps.

Associate

Yes, exactly this. Very well said. No reply from OCUK on my original question to Gibbo.

Do OCUK expect customers already in queue to now pay extra for LHR versions of the same card? I am #7 in queue for Asus 3080 TUF NONE OC. If LHR version of this card comes in, I will have to pay even more? Not to mention as an Irish customer, I will have to pay about €250 income tax! No matter which of these GPUs I would receive. Maybe an OCUK staff member can provide some clarity on this issue.

Associate
Yes, exactly this. Very well said. No reply from OCUK on my original question to Gibbo.

Do OCUK expect customers already in queue to now pay extra for LHR versions of the same card? I am #7 in queue for Asus 3080 TUF NONE OC. If LHR version of this card comes in, I will have to pay even more? Not to mention as an Irish customer, I will have to pay about €250 income tax! No matter which of these GPUs I would receive. Maybe an OCUK staff member can provide some clarity on this issue.
It would appear that once the free upgrades to available same manufacture range models was finished/EOL availability that OCUK are falling back to T&C's etc and you get your £'s back or pay more. I agree it will harm OCUK long term but they clearly know that and have made a decision that they cannot honour all original orders at their expence.

The real stickeler for me and I am not caught up in this pre order fiasco is that historically nearly all the best deals offered by OCUK have been pre- orders and as such I have no faith in them anymore, I am sure it was a business model that served them well but for me I am out of it going forward.

Associate

I'm pretty sure they hinted at having to offer the new LHR as upgrade offers (so its not free) instead of just giving them to fulfill orders. I'm #2 for the 3080 TUF OC.

Associate
Wow... received shipping notice yesterday for my MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC 10GB, I believe it is a LHR version (no extra charge) but cant confirm this as it hasn't been delivered yet.
Now the bad news... when I track the package on the DPD site I get this:

"There is currently a 1 day delay in your area due to an unexpected issue*" Aaggghhhh.... the tension.

Also, surprised not to see any mention of incoming 3080 Ventus on the Nvidia RTX 30XX series update thread.

Back
Top Bottom