Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
Rumours the last week or so was that he was trying to leverage a large figure from a fake deal with Mixer to renegotiate his Twitch contract, but then Mixer shut down which would have demonstrated that he was lying, so they used that as an excuse to part ways. Not sure how that would leave him in a position to sue though.

Associate
Rumours the last week or so was that he was trying to leverage a large figure from a fake deal with Mixer to renegotiate his Twitch contract, but then Mixer shut down which would have demonstrated that he was lying, so they used that as an excuse to part ways. Not sure how that would leave him in a position to sue though.

Because of the way it was handled by Twitch he lost sponsorships, deals that were in current negotiations were dropped. Thats more than enough to sue in the US.

Soldato
Whilst I love Doc, I would seriously be cautious about believing what he says, I’m not sure if he is actually suing them or if it’s all an act and part of his character.

Who knows.
I must admit, I don't watch him but it seemed like an out of character moment to me.

If we take what you said as true, that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to terminate his channel. He's still streaming on your platform and making you money, so it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

But most importantly I just can't see someone trying to use a fake contract to negotiate a deal, way too risky. All it takes is for twitch to go I can't afford that and then you get caught with your pants down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because of the way it was handled by Twitch he lost sponsorships, deals that were in current negotiations were dropped. Thats more than enough to sue in the US.

Would the responsibility not partly fall on him though for negotiating in bad faith, claiming he had an offer that didn't exist?

Associate
I have heard of this guy, but never really understood the appeal? Why play games in a wig and wear those shades? How do you even see the screen with those on. It's obvious he's in character of some sort but I just don't get it.

Soldato
He's being an early 90s late 80s action hero, mullet and shades with a really 90s sportscar.

Its just a thing, some people can perform better behind a mask, bo selector, slipknot, lady gaga, deadmau5 etc

His character is an overly confident cocky legend of gaming, but the joke is that its fake in itself, he is the back to back 93,94 blockbuster video gaming champion, for nba jam

Soldato
I have heard of this guy, but never really understood the appeal? Why play games in a wig and wear those shades? How do you even see the screen with those on. It's obvious he's in character of some sort but I just don't get it.

Probably mainly kids or teenagers that watch.

Soldato
I am aware of this fella...didn't he get into some hot water for broadcasting from a toilet or something?

He has aspirations above his station...a bit like the average OCUK'er
Well given he ended up doing stuff with the WWE and NBA and now he has started his own games company id say his aspirations are pretty well placed...also whilst he rolls around on the millions he makes every year.

Back
Top Bottom