what shortage would stir/rile you?

Soldato
I literally don't care.

If food I want isn't available I will eat what is.

I have a house with a roof and windows, so as long as I have some kind of food and water then happy days.

Was thinking today about if we ever had to have rations. I really wouldn't be bothered, but the panic on the streets would be insane. Mostly just because people are generally dumb.

I blame New Labour and their education policies.

Caporegime
why wouldn't it? how would you clean it? how do you remove the taste of the cleaning agent? what if it's 2/3 days old. etc etc

how do you clean anything you drink out of?

how do you remove any cleaning agent normally?

water doesn't go off after 2-3 days inside a closed, dark container with no daylight. what would you do if you had a glass of water that was 2-3 days old also applies here but a glass normally has daylight impacting it which is the main thing which makes it start growing stuff.

however it looks like more than you are struggling with this concept so I'll leave this link here which google found for me

https://chillysbottles.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207411159-How-do-you-clean-Chilly-s-Bottles-

"We recommend cleaning your Chilly's Bottle regularly with hot soapy water and rinsing the bottle after each use. Please DO NOT use milton sterilising fluid as this can affect the products.

For a very thorough clean please use water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda. Whilst Chilly's Bottles are made of high-grade stainless steel which preserves the flavour of freshness of your drinks, if Chilly's Bottles and their lids are not cleaned it can lead to a smell or taste developing. For this reason, regular cleaning is highly recommended.

When not using your bottle, we recommend storing it without the cap on to allow the inside to dry out.

DO NOT put your Chilly's Bottle in the dishwasher or leave the bottle to soak in water for a long period of time. This can cause paint damage and can lead to the vacuum becoming ineffective."

Caporegime
Chillys water bottles are just marketing gimmicks. Get a Nalgene.

I've got a chilly's and an imitation off amazon and it's much better build quality and my wife bought one in whistler (Canada) it wasn't cheap and the chilly's again is better.

You can always set a price alert as they can be had at huge discounts and would be no more expensive than a nalgene if you did do it that way.

Soldato
I've got a chilly's and an imitation off amazon and it's much better build quality and my wife bought one in whistler (Canada) it wasn't cheap and the chilly's again is better.

You can always set a price alert as they can be had at huge discounts and would be no more expensive than a nalgene if you did do it that way.
Right but the crux of it is that it's a stainless steel water bottle that isn't particularly hard wearing.

Caporegime
Right but the crux of it is that it's a stainless steel water bottle that isn't particularly hard wearing.

It's a lot more than that. It has a vacuum and actually keeps things cold/hot for a very long time.

As for hard wearing. It's pretty much indestructible. Are you planning on driving an 18 wheeler over your water bottle or using it as a Molotov cocktail?

Caporegime
I'm just curious how a bottle can keep stuff hot or cold. Like how would it know?

It's insulation it slows the movement of heat

If the contents are hotter than the room air the heat loss to the air is slowed so it stays hotter for longer.

If the contents are colder than the room air it slows the gain of energy from the air and so it stays cooler for longer

Soldato
It's insulation it slows the movement of heat

If the contents are hotter than the room air the heat loss to the air is slowed so it stays hotter for longer.

If the contents are colder than the room air it slows the gain of energy from the air and so it stays cooler for longer
Sounds like witch craft. I still don't get how it would know whether the contents are hot or cold?

There’s a switch, blue / red
This makes more sense, thanks.

Associate
Cat litter. I can do without most things but cat litter is essential. Stocks have been low recently in most supermarkets and pet stores round here with disruption to supply chains so have been stocking up online. DPD driver must think we're opening a cattery...

/Salsa

Caporegime
Cat litter. I can do without most things but cat litter is essential. Stocks have been low recently in most supermarkets and pet stores round here with disruption to supply chains so have been stocking up online. DPD driver must think we're opening a cattery...

/Salsa

doesn't sand work in a pinch?

Back
Top Bottom