what shortage would stir/rile you?

Associate
All these shortages at the moment, and to be honest... I don't really care.

Shortage pigs in blankets at christmas- don't care. It's a gimmicky thing at christmas meals.

Shortage of beer at Wetherspoons, nope, don't care.

Shortage of wine at christmas- (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58428800)..... Not bothered

Shortage of X....... ok ****... just.... got.... real... It's identifying that X. Maybe petrol.

Soldato
Pigs in blankets are sausages with bacon. My mum uses sausage meat.

Each Christmas my work runs out at least one item such as cream.

A couple of years ago, it was ready made cauliflower cheese. Don’t understand this on Christmas dinner. We had loads of cauliflowers and cheese sauce sachets. Some customers didn’t understand that it’s cauliflower, cheese sauce and cheese. Plus the home made stuff is nicer!

Soldato
I always had a store cupboard. Glad I had this during the selfish shelf stripping pre 1st lockdown as also I was self isolating at lockdown.

Some people buy things daily which is just for their evening meal plus a couple of items bought weekly (milk), monthly (coffee) etc. My friend does this, yet has the money to do a proper week’s shop and storage space. Don’t understand this as her parents have large store cupboards.These will be the people who be most affected by shortages.

Man of Honour
Again, PIBs were out of stock 5 years ago. Customers gave us that look if you are speaking in a foreign language when we suggested they could buy some sausages and a pack of bacon, wrap sausages in bacon and cook in oven!!!!
Most things are made of a variety of other things - that doesn't necessarily mean people want to purchase the base components and assemble them themselves.

Soldato
Timber. There already is a shortage and the stuff you get is bowed like a Banana a lot of the time. Timber is my lively hood so that would worry me a bit

Soldato
surprised no one has mentioned toilet paper yet

Some people use far too much. I was at my friend's last Jan and her toilet has no door to it! Didn't know she was on the loo until I walked near to here. She was wrapping about 50 sheets around hand for a wee. I moved away. You don't need that much loo roll for a wee.

I must have been the only person forced to buy loo roll during March 2020. I was in Lidl and the store policy was ONE pack per customer. The couple bought one pack and asked if they could buy a second on a separate transaction. Not allowed. As the till was overlooking the aisle with loo roll (shelving) and cashier saw no loo roll on shelf and me not buying any. She asked me to buy the loo roll as if she put it back on the shelf, there would be fights.

Back
Top Bottom