what shortage would stir/rile you?

Man of Honour
Cat litter. I can do without most things but cat litter is essential. Stocks have been low recently in most supermarkets and pet stores round here with disruption to supply chains so have been stocking up online. DPD driver must think we're opening a cattery...

/Salsa

You aren't the only one - we had a pallet load of 20L bags of Catsan come through work for a residential address last night - we were joking they must know something we don't.

Associate
doesn't sand work in a pinch?

You can use sand mixed with baking powder or even sawdust in a pinch but its nowhere near as effective as trapping the smell which would be the main problem. Cat pee stinks like nothing else on earth :(

Luckily I managed to order a bulk delivery a couple of weeks back so we're a good few weeks away from DIY litter!

/Salsa

Soldato
Since you mention Waitrose, have just had an email from them to say they won't be using 10p carrier bags anymore. Sainsbury had already gone down this route and we headed for the exit in terms of using their grocery delivery lack of service with everything just thrown into crates for you the customer to repack.

I'm therefore adding the humble carrier bag to this list even though it's an imposed outage rather than shortage.

Soldato
Random shortage note: I listen to the Giant Bombcast podcast occasionally and today in an intro chat, from a week or two ago, one of the guys was saying he couldn't have a takeaway drink at a drive-in because they'd run out of cups and were struggling with deliveries (in California).

Anyway, as a dementia carer, the one thing I worry about running out of more than anything else are Tena pants. DIY solutions don't bear thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom