• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6900xt - Sapphire Toxic Extreme

Associate
Hi all,

I've been out of the pc scene for a few years, looked at getting back in last year but the supply shortage put me off so I grabbed a PS5 - I've now got the money to make a pretty good build that I intend to last a few years. Normally I'd go for the gpu 1 down from top tier so the 6800xt but with the way prices are paying almost double msrp seems crazy.

So the 6900xt toxic extreme edition is currently on offer for £1500, still a lot of cash but I'm thinking that's probably only £200-300 above msrp so I'm not getting ripped off as badly! Still only likely to see 10-15% at best fps in games over the 6800xt but potentially better resale? And more room for tinkering with the OC which intend on doing?

What are people thoughts on it - I'm going to pair it with either a 5600x or 5900x and will be using the samsung g9.

TIA

Caporegime
It's pretty much the fastest GPU out there in non Ray Tracing scenarios. :)

It did cost £2100 6 months back when OcuK said there was no room to move on margin.

Now it's £1500, so seems a decent price in comparison to the previous price. :D

Caporegime
It did cost £2100 6 months back when OcuK said there was no room to move on margin.

image.png

:D

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply.

I would probably get a 3080 if I could find one at a decent price but that seems a no go at the minute - not overly bothered by Ray tracing anyway
It's a very fast card (the 6900 XT Toxic Extreme) if you are lucky enough to have deep pockets. :)

You agreed though. :D

yeah that's a lot of margin to get sliced off I agree

Ferrari's don't buy themselves. :p

Caporegime
You agreed though. :D

Kinda, as also said prices fluctuate and deals are done to bring pricing down where possible and it seems that is what has happened to this product. Matt is salty as he paid £1900 for his :p

PS Thanks for bringing part of a private conversation into the public domain :eek: :D

Caporegime
Kinda, as also said prices fluctuate and deals are done to bring pricing down where possible and it seems that is what has happened to this product. Matt is salty as he paid £1900 for his :p

PS Thanks for bringing part of a private conversation into the public domain :eek: :D

Could be worse, could have paid £2100. :eek:

I still wouldn't send it back though given the choice, you pays your money you takes your choice.

That said, I was only referencing what was written here at the time.

I spent £2400 on 2x Radeon Pro Duos, I also bought x4 Fury Xs (think they were around £650-700 each) at launch from OcuK, so not my first (or last) rodeo into expensive priced GPUs. :o

Associate
OP
I'm lucky enough to have saved quite a lot during covid with not going on holiday so can afford the top end.

The toxic extreme looks like it could have a lot of room in the future for overclocking especially with the binned chips.

How are you finding yours LtMatt?

Caporegime
I'm lucky enough to have saved quite a lot during covid with not going on holiday so can afford the top end.

The toxic extreme looks like it could have a lot of room in the future for overclocking especially with the binned chips.

How are you finding yours LtMatt?
Excellent. Fastest GPU I've ever used, does not use much power and runs very cool and quiet.

Temps in the 50/60c range when overclocked balls to the wall (400W+).

With the Toxic Extreme I have the fastest Timespy Extreme graphics score in the world for 6900 XT, 8th fastest Timespy score, 4th fastest Firestrike Extreme score, 9th Firestrike Ultra etc etc.

I recommend the card for sure, with the caveat I mentioned earlier.

Associate
OP
Excellent. Fastest GPU I've ever used, does not use much power and runs very cool and quiet.

Temps in the 50/60c range when overclocked balls to the wall (400W+).

With the Toxic Extreme I have the fastest Timespy Extreme graphics score in the world for 6900 XT, 8th fastest Timespy score, 4th fastest Firestrike Extreme score, 9th Firestrike Ultra etc etc.

I recommend the card for sure, with the caveat I mentioned earlier.

Sounds good to me - I'll be pairing it will a lower cpu than you but shouldn't make much difference in gaming

Caporegime
Sounds good to me - I'll be pairing it will a lower cpu than you but shouldn't make much difference in gaming
I recommend pairing it with any of the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs and you'll be grand.

Smart Access Memory will give you another 5-10 performance across the board.

Picture of my Toxic paired with a 5950X.
NR2gGPq.jpg

2FPRmjb.jpg

Soldato
Could be worse, could have paid £2100. :eek:

I still wouldn't send it back though given the choice, you pays your money you takes your choice.

That said, I was only referencing what was written here at the time.

I spent £2400 on 2x Radeon Pro Duos, I also bought x4 Fury Xs (think they were around £650-700 each) at launch from OcuK, so not my first (or last) rodeo into expensive priced GPUs. :o
Doesn't AMD allow it's employees to purchase products directly from the company at discount?

Associate
OP
I recommend pairing it with any of the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs and you'll be grand.

Smart Access Memory will give you another 5-10 performance across the board.

Picture of my Toxic paired with a 5950X.
NR2gGPq.jpg

2FPRmjb.jpg

I'll be getting either he 5600x/5800x/5900x depending on which I can get a good price on .

Your setup looks great - is the 1000w Psu plenty for this sort of build with room for OC the gpu and cpu?

Caporegime
Is you CPU cooler....[Gamersnexusmode] the right way around? With the pipes the right way? [/Gamersnexusmode]
Yes it is, it does not make any difference though other than the pump makes a bit more noise. Still I like a silent system so I have the pump at the front bottom as they recommend. The pump is silent that way tbf so they are right.

Soldato
No discounts when purchasing from the AMD Shop. I paid £588 for my 6800 XT at launch.

Any idea when they'll allow the UK to buy from there again? Beyond a joke now that it still says 'We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom.' after several months..

I've wanted an AMD card since launch at MSRP and still can't get one, whilst hundreds of people (scalpers) in the Discord servers are ordering multiple cards each week from the store, I know It's ran by Digital River, but it's really doing them no good in keeping their UK Customers happy.

Sorry to pester you with such a question, I've tweeted and made threads on Reddit about it but nobody responds.

Soldato
It doesn't matter what we think. You said yourself that it's "a lot of cash".

The 6900xt is for people who think "that's a good deal".

Every tier is priced so that it's target market will think "that's a good deal" and buy it. The fact you had to ask, suggests it's too much for your pocket.

That's my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom