Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
What are you all doing to your phone's where you're justifying upgrading because of battery issues?

I've still got an iPhone 6S Plus that's sitting at 90% battery health and works fine.

My 7 is reporting 88% battery health but is starting to get really sluggish with a lot of stuff.

I think it's a combination of apps and websites getting 'heavier' and requiring more grunt and memory and also Apple deliberately slowing down older phones with each iOS update, beyond simple battery preservation and just to push people to upgrade.

Plus I think five years is a pretty sensible upgrade cycle. Improvements are so small and incremental these days that I can't justify upgrading every year or even two. Wait four or five, save a load of money and get a far bigger jump and 'wow' factor when you do :)

Soldato
Beautiful phone but I have the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB Midnight Green. Got it for a great price too. Probably will do a battery replacement and stick with it for 2 more years before upgrading :D

What on earth are you doing with your phone that's knackered the battery in two years? What are your daily screen-time stats?

Associate
What on earth are you doing with your phone that's knackered the battery in two years? What are your daily screen-time stats?
LOL in all honesty, 10-11hours average. It’s on 79% battery health. I just use it for YouTube and social media, maybe some Netflix here and there. I’m disappointed in myself too don’t worry :cry:

Associate
My 7 is reporting 88% battery health but is starting to get really sluggish with a lot of stuff.

I think it's a combination of apps and websites getting 'heavier' and requiring more grunt and memory and also Apple deliberately slowing down older phones with each iOS update, beyond simple battery preservation and just to push people to upgrade.

Plus I think five years is a pretty sensible upgrade cycle. Improvements are so small and incremental these days that I can't justify upgrading every year or even two. Wait four or five, save a load of money and get a far bigger jump and 'wow' factor when you do :)

I replaced my battery for £18 if it helps. Bit fiddly, but only issue I have now is I need to reset the phone once a week when it starts to crash(it did that before).

Soldato
* Ordered the 256GB Pro after many years with android. What's the general consensus on which case to get?

From all the cracked iphone screens i see im guessing a suitcase...packed with foam.

Soldato
I really want to order the Gold iPhone Pro Max 256GB model because of the battery and general size of the device. It'll make reading ebooks so much easier than on my current phone. Having said that I can't order it until some time in October which knowing my luck will mean that it won't arrive until after Christmas.

Soldato
None. You don’t need one. When’s the last time you saw a recent iPhone with a broken screen?

Glass is glass - drop it and it might break. In addition, the back of the iPhones use a different glass and the price of repair for a broken back panel is where the real eye-watering bills come in. Keeping an iPhone naked and uninsured is asking for trouble IMO.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Glass is glass - drop it and it might break. In addition, the back of the iPhones use a different glass and the price of repair for a broken back panel is where the real eye-watering bills come in. Keeping an iPhone naked and uninsured is asking for trouble IMO.

No case and run AppleCare+. The phones are really nice and covering them in a case just ruins the feel and covers up how stunning they are.

Soldato
And isit reliable? Also is there a YouTube vanced (ad free modded YouTube) equivalent on Apple.. I tried to go through my android apps and aside from that can't think of anything I'd miss
Just do the VPN registration for YT premium. Worth every penny of the £1.20 I pay each month.
Do iPhones not have fast charging? What is this 2017?
The thing you have to remember is the iPhone batteries are smaller than the Android equivalents.
To put it into numbers I can charge my 12 just as fast with a 15w charger as I could charge my OnePlus 7T Pro with its 30w charger - and they both last just as long, in fact the iPhone may last longer.

Back
Top Bottom