Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
It occurred to me earlier today that Apple have done a superb job on the screen coating. I’ve had my 13 Pro Max for about eighteen months now and on all previous phones, by the time the phone was less than a year old, the oleophobic coating would have gone and I’d be continually wiping it to clear fingerprints.

There’s no sign whatsoever of that. It’s as good as the day it was new. It simply doesn’t pick up fingerprints.
I agree. I bought my iPhone 13 Pro Max in March 2022 and it has never had a case on it and it is in perfect condition. The battery health is still at 100% as well even thought it is on all the time.

Soldato
Has anyone got any thoughts on iPhone 13 Pro vs 14 (non-pro)? Apple are selling refurbished 13 pro for almost the same price give or take. I’m looking to upgrade and can’t decide.

Comparable wide camera. 14 has a better front camera whilst the 13 has a better ultra wide and zoom. Better processing on the 14 (although arguable).

Processor etc exactly the same, better modem/signal on the 14 but 120hz on 13 pro.

I’ll be coming from a mini - 14 seems a lot lighter, but understand the attraction to stainless.

Anyone compared them/everyone still happy with their 13 pros?

Man of Honour
Replaced the iPhone 13 Pro with the 13 Mini today, much better fit, really gone off of the big phones now.
If it's anything like the 12 Mini, the battery life will be terrible, especially after a few months of use. My mrs has the 12 Mini and the battery life is laughably poor.

Soldato
If it's anything like the 12 Mini, the battery life will be terrible, especially after a few months of use. My mrs has the 12 Mini and the battery life is laughably poor.

They upped the battery in the 13 Mini, that's why I avoided the 12 Mini - and then got lured in with the super specs of the Pro, despite knowing I didn't want it lol - I am sad to lose the 120Hz Promotion display though.

For my usage it won't be an issue, I use a phone for boring things. As long as I can use messages, bank, 2fa and reddit/safari that's pretty much all I use.

Soldato
I've been paying for AppleCare+ on my iPhone 13 Pro Max every month since I bought it in March 2022. I figured I'd keep it in case I broke it or lost it but I was thinking of cancelling it when the iPhone 15 Pro Max comes out as if I break it I'll just get the newest iPhone. Having said that I don't think I would willingly upgrade to the iPhone 15.

What would you do?

Last edited:
Associate
I've been paying for AppleCare+ on my iPhone 13 Pro Max every month since I bought it in March 2022. I figured I'd keep it in case I broke it or lost it but I was thinking of cancelling it when the iPhone 15 Pro Max comes out as if I break it I'll just get the newest iPhone. Having said that I don't think I would willingly upgrade to the iPhone 15.

What would you do?
Upgrade to the 15PM when it's released, and take AC+. Repairs are just so expensive these days the more expensive and complicated the handsets get

Soldato
I was in a town about 10 to 15 miles away from where I live and noticed I had a 5G signal, so I did a speed test and got 1.2Gbps speeds. That is faster than my Voom Gig1 Virgin Media Business broadband.

Hopefully, I get 5G closer, but I was amazed at the speed.

Back
Top Bottom