Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Now hear me out, I know it might be too soon. But the 12 for me was a bit disappointing as they missed out on some key features.
Here's what I'd like to see added on the next model:

13 Pro/Max:

1) 120hz
2) Smaller Notch/No Notch
3) USB-C (though its probably wishful thinking at this point)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
So everything peopled hoped for on the iPhone 12?

Well I did get some of the things I wanted on the 12, i.e more base storage and more ram (which im not sure if its been confirmed yet actually)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I won’t upgrade until the next phone has at least 1 and 3. Still on an xs max and have zero desire to upgrade!

Im hoping for all 3 but USBC just looks like it’s never going to happen to the phones in all honesty.

120hz and smaller notch seems the most likely and seems inevitable, but who knows if it’ll be next year or the year after

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
In fairness the iPhone 12 design would have been locked in months ago and then designers / developers turning their attention to the 13.
Probably already 3/4 months into its development cycle by now.

as much as the thread may seem daft the vast majority of the work will already be locked in for the next version already, in fact I’d hazard a guess that Apple probably have had the 13 on the drawing board for at least 12 months already

Exactly!

A lot of the leaks we usually see early on that we dont get for this years models, we end up seeing the following year.

There were leaks for a smaller notch and 120hz early on, but as they didnt make it this year its very possible that they are coming in next years model

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I think the iPhone 13 will be see through. Completely transparent with 6G technology speeds up to 5000Mb/s.

I’ve just pre-ordered.

You sound like such a salty m***n!

Probably just wanted to create this thread first and missed out on the chance

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I'm now pretty much convinced that we'll never see USB-C on iPhones. Within a couple of generations, Apple will just remove the port altogether.

Yep thats where we are headed with magsafe... But the problem is that magsafe has been disappointing. The magnet isn't anywhere near strong enough. I was hoping to have a car mount with a magsafe, but from what ive seen in review videos, the phone will just fall off

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
12S? They've always called the iteration the S, so could easily do it again, then just skip forward as they did with 9 and 11S.

11 went straight to 12 and I believe that was the start of their new naming scheme

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Quite a few smaller notch rumours, although we hear them every year.

But definitely feel that this year they’ll shrink it a little not excepting it to be super small.

Don’t really mind the notch I’m used it to it but I’m all for a smaller one.

Yeah im intrigued at what their definition of "small" is.. From what ive seen, the length is looking to be similar, but its going to be thinner vertically

Really cant see it, at some point its going to be all wireless, cant see them changing to usb c for 1 or 2 years and then droping the port

Yeah wishing for USBC on the iphone at this point is pretty pointless, its not going to happen.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Apparently the 12 Mini was a huge flop, wonder how they’re gonna make its successor a more attractive proposition this year.

Or if they’re gonna cut their losses and remove it from the 2022 lineup, if the 13 mini doesn’t do well either.

Definitely flopped in terms of mass adoption, but the people who wanted a smaller phone really like it. Its just that not many people want smaller phones now.

The rumours are that this year will have have the same lineup as 2020, so the mini will be there again. But I think in future they should just go back to a 3 phone lineup and have the mini as the SE variant as it has the same size, but just an updated design.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I would be surprised if apple restores touchID under the screen. Most people won't care about it and I think some of those that think they do will find that they prefer faceID. Would add cost to the phone, cost to repairs and potentially limit what they can do in the future with the screen.

I love faceID and even though its not been as useful in the past year I have been going out so infrequently that it hasn't annoyed me.

While I do think that Face ID is the more secure method, the way it is now still has flaws that touch ID doesnt.

For example I like to leave my phone on the desk and look over to it, but the poor angles of FaceID make it difficult for me to unlock the phone, whereas with touchID I used to be able to just open up the phone with no problems by touching it wherever it was placed.

Ideal scenario would be to have them both, but the downside is that unfortunately it will end up costing more

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Apple finally has competition and all it took was for AMD to join the mobile phone SOC market.

benchmarks show the new SOC in the upcoming galaxy obliterates all other Android phones in graphics performance and even beats the A14 to become the fastest mobile SOC processor on the market.

Now got round 2, bring in the A15 and let's fight :)

https://wccftech.com/samsung-tests-exynos-amd-gpu-results-beat-a14-bionic/

AMD really are incredible, here's hoping these chips aren't all hype and can actually back it

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
The notch is one of things that you get used to when using it, but if you were to use a new phone with a tiny notch/holepunch and then you go back to the notch it will be painful.

Also I miss having more things at the top bar instead of just having a few things

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
So no different to the rumours for the last two years then? :D

Every year its the same ****, no point even really looking into leaks anymore until maybe about a month before its set to release

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
No point in looking at the leaks period. The vast majority of it is just clickbait morons who want to make a quick bit of money with 'viral' headlines and YouTube videos.

There was a point a couple years ago when it was actually fairly accurate from good sources, but the apple crackdown on leakers and youtubers getting more and more desperate for views has resulted in a load of BS

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
iPhone X users could be in a difficult position this year, if a revised 12s (13) or wait for a 14 is going to be tough.

You can literally say that every year... The phone is always going to get better each year so you may as well just get the latest one and enjoy it instead of always waiting

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
There will most likely be a 13 mini, but the 14 mini is probably in doubt. Instead there will just be a max version and the regular size one

Back
Top Bottom