Random Famous People You Met

I know it means nothing but I met him with his wife, the bloke could have been his Manager.
When he was at Jollees he was very particular about being photographed against things that would give a good idea of his height even though there's millions of pictures out there.

It was quite amusing to see him sign the Visa docket as he could barely reach the the counter top.

The chap was quite a lot younger than him, I'd say a good 30 or more years. He was quite young and very "Flamboyant" looking.

Man of Honour
Oh I forgot, I had to stay with this guy all night and he got me drunk

chrisbarrie1.jpg

chrisbarrie2.jpg

Man of Honour
Emma Bunton.
Emma Willis.
Amanda Abbington. Such a lovely person.
Gary Mabbutt on holiday a few years ago. My goodness his daughter is fire. She just randomly starts talking to me in a sauna :eek:

Those are the recent people off the top of my head. Probably a load I don’t even recognise.

Associate
I once sat on Jimmy Saville's knee during the warm-up exercises for Cardiff Marathon in the mid 80's.
I once met Sylvia Anderson (widow of the great Gerry Anderson of Thunderbirds & Capatain Scarlet fame), at a local radio station in Swansea. Then I was interviewed by Jimmy Saville there.. I was a young, long distance runner and WAS a fan of him then for his "charitable" work.
I once had a kiss and a red rose from Kylie Minogue, for helping the bouncers with lifting the crushed, fainted teenagers over the barriers, in an early Kylie concert in Swansea Ritzy nightclub (supported by BIG FUN too). I had to take my sister to the concert after winning some tickets for here.
I once met the twins from Neighbours, had a peck on the cheek and a signed photo, because a friend of mine was starting out as late night DJ for same local radio station mentioned above.
I once met a few middle eastern royals who were learning to fly fast jets during the early 1990's.
I once refused a free drink from some rough looking fellas in a hotel bar in Co. Wexford, because they were Americans and who liked to wear baseball caps in a bar!! Later, my cousin asked me why did I refuse to drink some Irish stout with Matt Damon (who?), Steven Spielberg (you mean Jaws director?) and Tom Hanks (AW NO WAY, THE MONEY PIT & TURNER AND HOOCH GUY!!!) who had just wrapped up filming some war movie on the local beach. Which sort of explained why the Irish & American navies were in town and I could see these guys running around with lots of sand blown up at Curracloe.
I once had a hand slap from Jon and his Bon Jovi mates, as they were running onto the stage at New York's Times Square for a live MTV broadcast in 1995. They played a few songs from their "These Days" album and did a few hits as a short impromptu gig for their fans.
I once told a royal who wanted to fly a fast jet simulator, that I could not allow his bodyguards past a safety point, due to elf and safety. He enjoyed that (genuine).
I once met and worked with the same royal, as he was now a decent Captain of a Search & Rescue helicopter. His wife loved to pop in with cakes when he was working nights. He also tried to steal my Mars bar and asked what was the name of my newborn son - he said it was a good name when I mentioned "Harry".
I once met Nell McAndrew during her stint as Forces Sweet Heart for charity.
I once shared a meal and watched Liverpool FC in Sky Box at Anfield with Darren Clarke the golfer.
I once watched & shook hands with the late, great Mayor Frank Carson do a comedy stint on the opening of the Stena HSS fast ferry from Holyhead to Dublin.
I once filmed and re-flew a fast jet sortie in a simulator, recently and superbly done by Carol Voderman. The original recording was low resolution, so I used my Go-Pro to retrace the route that she had previously flown (subsequently used for her TV series footage). Also, the film crew had great difficulties recording her facial reactions in a dark, projector lit dome, without affecting the front view of the projected screen areas.
I once met Bernie Clifton with his running Ostritch during the warm-up of the London Marathon. Another hero from my young running childhood days....

Soldato
Had a pint with James Corden
Met Jude Law a few times
Got absolutely smashed with Ben Shepherd
Spent an afternoon with Dame Judi
Spent a few weeks working with Tom Hiddleston
Met the queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles
Met Rolf Harris...

Soldato
Met Jet from Gladiators when I was 13 and got a signed photo. Many suspiciously long showers were had following that day. I think I still have the photo tucked away somewhere...

Soldato
Who is it? Looks vaguely familair but can't think of the name offhand.

Zoe Ball's dad. :cry:

Met Jet from Gladiators when I was 13 and got a signed photo. Many suspiciously long showers were had following that day. I think I still have
the photo tucked away somewhere...

Oh yeah, forgot about Jet! Gym near old work she was a regular, did one of the classes on a Sunday morning. Funnily I found some motivation to go more regularly...

Back
Top Bottom