Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
As in FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund?

Yes, its a diversified global fund. Its literally that simple.

I do have a cash account which is an emergency fund (opportunity fund fits better), and this money is limited and i have reached the limit.

Figure out what your limit is, and save 100% until you've reached the limit, then move to 100% on the global all cap.

Soldato
That sounds sensible, I like to keep 6 months outgoings on hand. So once that is hit you recommend going all in on that FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund?
It has my vote FWIW.

I've got my daughters junior ISA all-in on a comparable fund (VAFTA). It is fairly stable and outperforming your 0.01% that's for sure!

Soldato
Morning All,

I appreciate September is usually a bad month for stock, but I'm getting a bit twitchy given all this talk of inflation, labour shortage, benefit payments stopping, a another crisis in the news today.

Has anyone sold up recently? I'm considering selling a good stake of some of my holdings. I have a big chunk in NWG, which I'm a considerable amount up on.

Do we think its the usual scare mongering or correction coming? :D

Soldato
Morning All,

I appreciate September is usually a bad month for stock, but I'm getting a bit twitchy given all this talk of inflation, labour shortage, benefit payments stopping, a another crisis in the news today.

Has anyone sold up recently? I'm considering selling a good stake of some of my holdings. I have a big chunk in NWG, which I'm a considerable amount up on.

We're heading for a global correction on many things in the next decade, if people sell up the price will drop more so if you want out, get out now, then either walk away happy, or buy back when it hits rock bottom, or, stop looking at it daily and just look at everything as a 5+ year plan and leave it alone until then...

Soldato
We're heading for a global correction on many things in the next decade, if people sell up the price will drop more so if you want out, get out now, then either walk away happy, or buy back when it hits rock bottom, or, stop looking at it daily and just look at everything as a 5+ year plan and leave it alone until then...

Greed keeps me in! :D

Soldato
Call me a cautious player, but I just pulled out of RR.L, I entered low enough to have made a sizeable profit and feel we could see a drop off soon so felt like a sensible play - I'm happy with my returns.

Deliberating over it myself but I think long term their prospects are still good... I'm cautiously following the price up with some stop limits a little below so hopefully if it does dip again I can get out before losing too much of the gains I've already made (but after that I would aim to buy back in again I think)

Caporegime
Morning All,

Eh I don't nee my invested money for a good 10+ years so I'll probably stay in and keep adding

Soldato
Same, I have my main HL account which is at least a 5 year thing, certainly wont be doing much with it before then, and when at the 5 year point I might just see what its doing and change direction or leave it for another 5 etc..

Soldato
Morning All,

I pile 20%+ of my salary into my pension and don't care what's happening as far as that's concerned.

My trading money on top of that, I dip in and out. I've been banking some good trades this year, happily cashing in on 20-40% moves. Recently I've been trading the volatility in SMT and been making steady gains, but decided to just hold off last time I sold.

The markets have just been a bit too optimistic recently...covid isn't over, this China real estate stuff....meh, I just feel like there's going to be a bloodbath week coming up soon that'll be a better point to jump back in.

Caporegime
Same, I have my main HL account which is at least a 5 year thing, certainly wont be doing much with it before then, and when at the 5 year point I might just see what its doing and change direction or leave it for another 5 etc..

My set up is current qcount receives paycheque, enough to cover all my bills plus a bit extra goes out next day to 123 acount, then I transfer some more to my t212 account for savings (oh don't use auto invest it now charges a fee,) then anything left is my spends for the month, come next payday anything left over I send to the 123 acount

Over time I tend to spend less than I earn so a nice slush builds up in the 123 account that I use for frivolous things like buying motorbikes

Back
Top Bottom