• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Was playing Halo Infinite on Series S last night it played well and looked visually good.

Certainly plays better than Halo 5 multi player I felt. Seems like it's on track to be ready based on what I played.

Can tell there leaning heavily into battle pass system but only visually so doesn't impact the game play or give any one an advantage (like apex legends system)

Caporegime
8K is also completely pointless. 4K120 should be the next target as the baseline standard.

I'd be happier with them chasing 1440p 240hz as well. If that can even be done via HDMI. I'd like to see displayport being added to help with monitor compatibility and open up more options to gamers. Resolution isn't a huge deal unless you are on a massive screen some prefer fps and 1440P is hardly low res either it's a good compromise. Unfortunately though as it's aimed at TV's the focus will be on 4K.

Man of Honour
I'd be happier with them chasing 1440p 240hz as well. If that can even be done via HDMI. I'd like to see displayport being added to help with monitor compatibility and open up more options to gamers. Resolution isn't a huge deal unless you are on a massive screen some prefer fps and 1440P is hardly low res either it's a good compromise. Unfortunately though as it's aimed at TV's the focus will be on 4K.

While I generally agree that FPS is far more important than resolution (as high FPS also increases the all important motion resolution), with a pad I really struggle to notice the difference between 120 and 240hz.

With a mouse the difference is clear though.

HDMI 2.1 supports 4K144 and 1440p240.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else having issues downloading games this morning? I keep getting installation stopped messages.
i had that last night i was downloading two different games it kept stopping the download of one it then moved onto the next which would would then be stopped after afew seconds i had to reboot which seem to solve it

are you on the xbox beta software ?

Soldato
8k will probs be the focus as lots of TV will be 8k ready in future but not many will support the high frame rates imo.
Personally I feel playing a console on a monitor is short-changing yourself from an IQ perspective.

Caporegime
Need some opinions, I had a Series X when it came out but traded it into CEX in March because it seemed overkill for my 1080p TV, I then bought a used Xbox One S a month later and I've been using that since.

Against my better judgement my friend convinced me to use my Microsoft rewards towards a Series S, it cost me £120 after taking off my rewards points.

I'm now in two minds as to whether there is any point, I still have disc based games I want to play so I'll have to keep the One S anyway, the Series S doesn't seem to add much over loading times.

I can't return it because I'll be refunded in microsoft store credit which will expire in 90 days, what should I do?

Soldato
No problem, although I wish I could go up to 12-13 for sensitivity and turn acceleration off completely.

Changed my mind. I’m now on 4 acceleration, and 4.5 horizontal, and 6 vertical sensitivity.

First attempt at a spiderman snipe. Granted it wasn’t a headshot, I was very pleased with myself haha

Soldato
Craftopia game preview just hit gamepass. Basically a zelda clone with base building and lots to craft. Just sunk about 3 hours into it, it has a lot of potential imo.

Played a bit of this over the weekend. Daughter loves it. Coming across a major issue though where progress isn't always saved! Seems that I'm not the only one either.

Soldato
Anyone else in a similar position or possibly made the switch ? Or maybe just got both consoles but use a PS5 more?

I feel like selling Series X and moving to PS5, all I really play on Series X is FS2020. The PS5 seems like it has a better choice of games, the pack of gamepass equivalent seems a concern though.

Caporegime
Anyone else in a similar position or possibly made the switch ? Or maybe just got both consoles but use a PS5 more?

I feel like selling Series X and moving to PS5, all I really play on Series X is FS2020. The PS5 seems like it has a better choice of games, the pack of gamepass equivalent seems a concern though.

Better choice for games today or better choice for games on the duration of the console's life cycle?

It's only been out less than a year, if you want a PS5, get a PS5 too. Flipping between them because of the current line up of games today don't make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom